What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

At least half of them fight in Iraq. Plus number increased recently after IS became trendy.
not really what say the French newspapers and authorities . most of them are in Syria. the few ones who are dead (at least known as dead) are almost all on the Syrian territory. The IS in Iraq is much more local groups and GCC guys than the ones in Syria coming from North Africa, Europe . They say in the article. In the article it says this i guess is important : 33 only guys are known to be dead among these 966... that means French jihadis only lost 5% of their guys (known dead ).
don't you remember of these beheaders from UK and France and Belgium... the videos showing they were operating in Syria .

not really what say the French newspapers and authorities . most of them are in Syria. the few ones who are dead (at least known as dead) are almost all on the Syrian territory. The IS in Iraq is much more local groups and GCC guys than the ones in Syria coming from North Africa, Europe . They say in the article. In the article it says this i guess is important : 33 only guys are known to be dead among these 966... that means French jihadis only lost 5% of their guys (known dead ).
don't you remember of these beheaders from UK and France and Belgium... the videos showing they were operating in Syria .
Considering some 5 K dying in Syria every month these numbers are nothing. As for beheading videos, IS deliberately chose Westerners to troll the West.

According to a senior official, Nasrallah is playing a key role in the mediation effort which is also being encouraged by Tehran, that is planning to invite Hamas Political Bureau Chief Khaled Mashaal to the Iranian capital.

Possible signs of the mediation could also be seen from Gaza, where in a ceremony earlier this month marking 27 years since the founding of the Islamist movement, Abu Ubaida the spokesman for the Kassam Brigades, the armed wing of Hamas, recognized Iran's role in supporting the Palestinian resistance.

Report: Nasrallah is pushing for Hamas reconciliation with Syria and Iran - Arab-Israeli Conflict - Jerusalem Post

Hopefully Hamas dumps support for this "Revolution"

give it up, Thrax.. your revolution is long since dead, this insurgency is all al qaeda and other jihadi filth now and you guys are no match for the mighty barrel bomb 8-)

I can't link the video of these revolutionaries beheading security forces on day 1 just an excuse by some extremists to go on a killing spree.

Numbers are too easy to counter and our only source are videos that come out, even that isn't a fully reliable source. Yes there are also foreigners fighting on SAA side, but their number, there is no way you can prove how many of them are actually there, you could say 100,000, I can say 1000 at this very moment and none of us can counter each other.

My post you quoted was a sarcasm at Dr.Thrax post that said Iranians are becoming dominant in Aleppo with their families, which is utter bs since no reliable proof for that is out there.
I said Iran has a plan to do so, not that Iranians are already dominating. And as I said, it's not only Iranians, it's Shiites from Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, Afghanistan, and Yemen.
B55YFu9CUAA0r6L.jpg:large

@gau8av The revolution is not dead, and it will never die until Assad and ISIS are killed/kicked out.

Also, to anyone who says Bashar's regime are Muslims:

The revolution is not dead, and it will never die until Assad and ISIS are killed/kicked out.

It is dead actually.

The only reason FSA still exists in Southern Syria is because of Jordan, the FSA in the North of Syria is losing land to ISIS, together with SAA they will be the 2 largest sides in Syria. If you followed this conflict from the beginning you'd notice that FSA was much larger in 2011, all of it went downhill and FSA areas are still decreasing to ISIS mainly.

Template:Syrian Civil War detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is dead actually.

The only reason FSA still exists in Southern Syria is because of Jordan, the FSA in the North of Syria is losing land to ISIS, together with SAA they will be the 2 largest sides in Syria. If you followed this conflict from the beginning you'd notice that FSA was much larger in 2011, all of it went downhill and FSA areas are still decreasing to ISIS mainly.

Template:Syrian Civil War detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
You think the revolution is only the FSA? The Revolution is the removal of Assad's regime, and now recently the removal of ISIS as well. After that happens and a fair government is instated will the revolution be over.
The only reason Assad still exists is because of foreign backers. Land in Northern Syria is being regained/held off slowly, and SAA is becoming increasingly people from drafts, i.e. people not willing to die for Assad. The FSA in size hasn't really changed, by early 2012 it was 50k iirc, and now it's still around 50k. Other rebel groups of formed, and total rebel force is ~150k. They're still steadfast against the regime and ISIS, so I don't know where your argument comes from. The revolution lives.

You think the revolution is only the FSA? The Revolution is the removal of Assad's regime, and now recently the removal of ISIS as well. After that happens and a fair government is instated will the revolution be over.
The only reason Assad still exists is because of foreign backers. Land in Northern Syria is being regained/held off slowly, and SAA is becoming increasingly people from drafts, i.e. people not willing to die for Assad. The FSA in size hasn't really changed, by early 2012 it was 50k iirc, and now it's still around 50k. Other rebel groups of formed, and total rebel force is ~150k. They're still steadfast against the regime and ISIS, so I don't know where your argument comes from. The revolution lives.

Removing Assad & ISIS is the dead revolution, it clearly looks like it's not going to succeed so i'm calling it the dead revolution.

FSA exists because of foreign backers as well, if not Jordan Southern Syria would fall to SAA.. The arrival of ISIS caused you most of the issues and pushed many FSA defectors back to SAA as they lost hope of the revolution, video's show truces of FSA dropping arms and returning to the SAA side. The Iraqis and some other foreigners aren't making that much of a difference either as some keep saying, if they really were then they would defeat ISIS back in Iraq easily but they aren't. FSA controlled Lands in northern Syria are mainly falling to ISIS.

Size of FSA is unknown, they're unorganized and have shattered into many groups. The only thing that is known is what they control and they control way less then they did in 2011 & 2012, maps prove this.

No one is willing to die for Assad other then a tiny group of ultra nationalists still believing in the ba'ath ideology, most of the SAA are fighting for the largest force still representing Syria, as we all know the greater threat to them is ISIS not FSA. SAA won't disappear if Assad dies, maybe FSA and SAA will reach an agreement of alliance but it won't disappear.

@Mosamania since you agree with him what is your opinion about this ? How is this dead revolution going to defeat ISIS and the SAA. If you ask me I don't think you actually believe this looking at the map of Syria neither care about Syria, you just have this opinion as it's beneficial for Saudi, your posts show that's mostly what you care about.

Removing Assad & ISIS is the dead revolution, it clearly looks like it's not going to succeed so i'm calling it the dead revolution.

FSA exists because of foreign backers as well, if not Jordan Southern Syria would fall to SAA.. The arrival of ISIS caused you most of the issues and pushed many FSA defectors back to SAA as they lost hope of the revolution, video's show truces of FSA dropping arms and returning to the SAA side. The Iraqis and some other foreigners aren't making that much of a difference either as some keep saying, if they really were then they would defeat ISIS back in Iraq easily but they aren't. FSA controlled Lands in northern Syria are mainly falling to ISIS.

Size of FSA is unknown, they're unorganized and have shattered into many groups. The only thing that is known is what they control and they control way less then they did in 2011 & 2012, maps prove this.

No one is willing to die for Assad other then a tiny group of ultra nationalists still believing in the ba'ath ideology, most of the SAA are fighting for the largest force still representing Syria, as we all know the greater threat to them is ISIS not FSA. SAA won't disappear if Assad dies, maybe FSA and SAA will reach an agreement of alliance but it won't disappear.

@Mosamania since you agree with him what is your opinion about this ? How is this dead revolution going to defeat ISIS and the SAA. If you ask me I don't think you actually believe this looking at the map of Syria neither care about Syria, you just have this opinion as it's beneficial for Saudi, your posts show that's mostly what you care about.
I'm sure you have plenty of proof to support your claims. Care to show us a few videos of FSA going back to SAA? Considering they'd never do it in a hundred years.

They'd never do it if they were sincere to the cause of the revolution, which most of them are.

I'm sure you have plenty of proof to support your claims. Care to show us a few videos of FSA going back to SAA? Considering they'd never do it in a hundred years.

They'd never do it if they were sincere to the cause of the revolution, which most of them are.

Yes there is proof for my claims as i'm not making any of it up. Many truces took place, i'll post some articles & vids if you want you can find more yourself.

Did the Syrian army and rebels join forces to operate a checkpoint? | The FRANCE 24 Observers

Truce in Barzeh, after FSA put down it's weapons SAA retreats

Another one in Damascus

Truce in Babilla, link shows pics
Syria conflict: Enemies cross the front lines in Damascus. But will the truce hold? - Middle East - World - The Independent

Fsa going back to SAA

31-Syria-Reuters.jpg

Syria2-Reuters.jpg

A soldier loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, right, jokes with a member of Syria's armed opposition forces in Babbila town

31-National-Reuters.jpg

live leak article :

After Barzeh, Qudasaya, Madaya, and Muadamiyat, now there is a new ceasefire/trucebetween Syrian State and Fsa in the suburbs of Babbila and Bayet_Sahem.

Truce terms

1) FSA will deliver its heavy weaponry to SAA
2) FSA personal those are present in that area can stay at the town or re-join the SAA to complete their military service.
3) There will be a joined barrier consisted of personal of both armies at the entrance of Babilla.
4) SAA won’t enter Babilla nor Bayet Sahem and FSA will keep some positions in anticipation of any attack from SAA.
5) The Syrian Goverment has guaranteed to restore the electricity and water to Babilla and Bayet Sahem.
6) The Syrian Goverment has guaranteed to rebuild the public and private properties in both towns.
7) Cease fire between the two sides.
8) Open the major and side roads from/to these towns for citizens and for introduction of aids of all kinds to Babila and Bayet Sahem.
9) The truce does not include (Al Andalus) area in Babilla because it’s under the control of Shiite militia Abu al Fadel al Abbas.

Seems like these truce/ceasefires are getting more frequent the last days. Maybe this is how a lot of the old and not radical FSA rebel factions will end.

Location of Babbila and Bayet: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

Actually this is the best solution for your country as well, better than the static position of the FSA shooting an ATGW on a tank and claiming the revolution is alive, all you're doing is give time for ISIS which is the force that is mainly advancing, as soon as they get to FSA area they take it.

Last edited:
I said Iran has a plan to do so, not that Iranians are already dominating. And as I said, it's not only Iranians, it's Shiites from Iraq, Lebanon, Iran, Afghanistan, and Yemen.
B55YFu9CUAA0r6L.jpg:large

@gau8av The revolution is not dead, and it will never die until Assad and ISIS are killed/kicked out.

Also, to anyone who says Bashar's regime are Muslims:

This chart shows that Bashar's shabiha and the foreign mullah paid mercenaries have lost nearly 20,000 fighters this year alone. Moreover, the regime lost countless more from incapacitating injuries and desertions. This is a very bad news for the genocidal regime considering its limited support base unlike the rebels who have a much easier time replacing losses. In 2015, the"dead revolution" should bring about greater losses among the foreign/domestic assadists and jihadists.
B54wUlbIIAA3qGR.png

The revolution is still there, sure they might not be as strong as it used to be, they fractured due to lack of support, Islamists were able to gather strength because they already had an established back door support networks that the rebels didn't have, the rebels are currently given just enough to survive, but not enough to advance. Everyone knows for a fact that Assad is surviving off of foreign militia, which greatly outnumber the opposition foreign fighters. However the difference is that they don't take videos of themselves every two days, if at all. Hizboullah alone has 8000 fighters in Syria, Iraqi militias used to number in thousands, even Turkish Alevis went to Syria in large numbers and committed massacres in Sunni villages.

While the FSA might look like nothing but a shadow council, it is because they like the SAA don't film themselves every two seconds like the Islamists ones do, so those guys get more screen time. The large majority of Syrians I know and meet are staunch FSA supporters. And there are those people who just gave up. I hold no religious inclination in this war, so I look at things in a more clear and level headed manner, I really don't care who's religion is what and what that guy is worshipping what so I am blessed not to be a sect following idiot, instead I believe in pragmatism, and this dictates that it is in my personal best interest to unite the Arab world under one banner.

Yes there is proof for my claims as i'm not making any of it up. Many truces took place, i'll post some articles & vids if you want you can find more yourself.

Did the Syrian army and rebels join forces to operate a checkpoint? | The FRANCE 24 Observers

Truce in Barzeh, after FSA put down it's weapons SAA retreats

Another one in Damascus

Truce in Babilla, link shows pics
Syria conflict: Enemies cross the front lines in Damascus. But will the truce hold? - Middle East - World - The Independent

Fsa going back to SAA

31-Syria-Reuters.jpg

Syria2-Reuters.jpg

A soldier loyal to Syria's President Bashar al-Assad, right, jokes with a member of Syria's armed opposition forces in Babbila town

31-National-Reuters.jpg

live leak article :

Actually this is the best solution for your country as well, better than the static position of the FSA shooting an ATGW on a tank and claiming the revolution is alive, all you're doing is give time for ISIS which is the force that is mainly advancing, as soon as they get to FSA area they take it.
A truce is not surrender and joining the other side. The first two videos are truces.
The first two pictures were opposition talking to SAA during a truce, and I believe there was a video of it too.
Maybe try to fact check before spewing out stuff from your glutes.

A truce is not surrender and joining the other side. The first two videos are truces.
The first two pictures were opposition talking to SAA during a truce, and I believe there was a video of it too.
Maybe try to fact check before spewing out stuff from your glutes.

My point has been that FSA-SAA differences have been minor for many fighters, the arrival and rise of ISIS therefor discouraged many FSA from the revolutionary idea turning them back to joining SAA. This does not take place at large scale simultaneously ( therefor very few video's of such events ) as even suggesting it might get the person killed for betrayal, but it did happen many times. The vids/pics of truces and FSA meeting with SAA support my point showing the 2 forces often have minor disagreements enabling many to switch side. Didn't say surrender either, I said many switched side to the SAA side, surrender often leads to their execution, one who surrenders and asks for joining the other side is something no one trusts anyway. Didn't mean surrender with 'dropped arms and returned to SAA side'.

The disagreements between SAA-Nusra and SAA/FSA-ISIS are only to be solved by fighting though, they're the bigger threat for both sides.

The revolution is still there, sure they might not be as strong as it used to be, they fractured due to lack of support, Islamists were able to gather strength because they already had an established back door support networks that the rebels didn't have, the rebels are currently given just enough to survive, but not enough to advance. Everyone knows for a fact that Assad is surviving off of foreign militia, which greatly outnumber the opposition foreign fighters. However the difference is that they don't take videos of themselves every two days, if at all. Hizboullah alone has 8000 fighters in Syria, Iraqi militias used to number in thousands, even Turkish Alevis went to Syria in large numbers and committed massacres in Sunni villages.

While the FSA might look like nothing but a shadow council, it is because they like the SAA don't film themselves every two seconds like the Islamists ones do, so those guys get more screen time. The large majority of Syrians I know and meet are staunch FSA supporters. And there are those people who just gave up. I hold no religious inclination in this war, so I look at things in a more clear and level headed manner, I really don't care who's religion is what and what that guy is worshipping what so I am blessed not to be a sect following idiot, instead I believe in pragmatism, and this dictates that it is in my personal best interest to unite the Arab world under one banner.

Could say the same about FSA as everyone knows that the FSA is surviving off foreign support, even it's leaders and HQ's are in Turkey.

Your last sentence summarizes your opinion on why you support that side. But you didn't tell me how the FSA is supposed to defeat both SAA and ISIS, it's unrealistic. The civil war between those 2 sides won't be won by any and if it will after years it'll be most likely the larger and advancing SAA, leaving the ISIS cancer to grow meanwhile.

The 15 year long Lebanese civil war did not end by a side militarily taking over, it ended by agreement. Syria should have an agreement so both the SAA-FSA can focus on ISIS which itself will be a hard task involving a lot of bloodshed and massacres of locals by ISIS. But that again is unlikely as this has become part of a greater war leaving the country to burn with none benefitting but ISIS, still it's the best realistic solution, FSA taking over isn't going to happen anyway unless a large number foreign forces come on the ground with air support fighting both SAA and ISIS but no one's going to do that.

My point has been that FSA-SAA differences have been minor for many fighters, the arrival and rise of ISIS therefor discouraged many FSA from the revolutionary idea turning them back to joining SAA. This does not take place at large scale simultaneously ( therefor very few video's of such events ) as even suggesting it might get the person killed for betrayal, but it did happen many times. The vids/pics of truces and FSA meeting with SAA support my point showing the 2 forces often have minor disagreements enabling many to switch side. Didn't say surrender either, I said many switched side to the SAA side, surrender often leads to their execution, one who surrenders and asks for joining the other side is something no one trusts anyway. Didn't mean surrender with 'dropped arms and returned to SAA side'.

The disagreements between SAA-Nusra and SAA/FSA-ISIS are only to be solved by fighting though, they're the bigger threat for both sides.

Could say the same about FSA as everyone knows that the FSA is surviving off foreign support, even it's leaders and HQ's are in Turkey.

Your last sentence summarizes your opinion on why you support that side. But you didn't tell me how the FSA is supposed to defeat both SAA and ISIS, it's unrealistic. The civil war between those 2 sides won't be won by any and if it will after years it'll be most likely the larger and advancing SAA, leaving the ISIS cancer to grow meanwhile.

The 15 year long Lebanese civil war did not end by a side militarily taking over, it ended by agreement. Syria should have an agreement so both the SAA-FSA can focus on ISIS which itself will be a hard task involving a lot of bloodshed and massacres of locals by ISIS. But that again is unlikely as this has become part of a greater war leaving the country to burn with none benefitting but ISIS, still it's the best realistic solution, FSA taking over isn't going to happen anyway unless a large number foreign forces come on the ground with air support fighting both SAA and ISIS but no one's going to do that.
You really have no idea what you're talking about.
There are huge differences in ideology in Assad supporters and Revolution supporters. Assad supporters claim to be secularist (even though in the Syrian "constitution" you have to be "Muslim" to be president, even though Alawites aren't Muslim) and most Revolution supporters are turning Islamist (although 1 of the leaders of the SNC was Christian.)
Secularism and Islamism don't go together well, as they are two conflicting ideologies. Revolutionaries and Assadist pigs meeting during a truce means nothing. When Israel and Hamas meet on a ceasefire does Hamas go down to Israel's level? No.
BTW, Lebanese civil war was much less violent, relative to the revolution. 150,000 max died in 15 years of fighting, here 300,000+ already dead from 4 years of fighting.
We will NOT agree with people who have killed much more civilians than ISIS have just to defeat ISIS. It's like agreeing with Russia to destroy USA for what USA did in Afghanistan. (U.S. invasion caused the deaths of ~120,000 Afghan civilians in total, not just from USA drone strikes, that's combined death total of all casualties perpetrated by all sides; while the Soveit invasion of Afghanistan killed 1.5 million civilian Afghanis as a direct result of the Soviet invasion, as in the Soviets killed them all.)

Back
Top Bottom