What's new

Syrian Civil War (Graphic Photos/Vid Not Allowed)

BBC article about Afghan fighters in Syria:

Syria war: The Afghans sent by Iran to fight for Assad
By Fariba Sahraei BBC Persian

As the five-year conflict in Syria grinds on, BBC Persian has found evidence that Iran is sending thousands of Afghan men to fight alongside Syrian government forces.

The men, who are mainly ethnic Hazaras, are recruited from impoverished and vulnerable migrant communities in Iran, and sent to join a multi-national Shia Muslim militia - in effect a "Foreign Legion" - that Iran has mobilised to support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Many have since fled the battlefield and joined the refugee trail to Europe.

In a small town in Germany, we meet "Amir", an Afghan man in his early twenties.

He was born to refugee parents in Isfahan, Iran, and is now himself an asylum seeker in Europe.

Like most of the almost three million Afghans in Iran, he lived as a second-class citizen.

Without legal residency or identity documents, he found it hard to get an education or a job. Fear of arrest and deportation was a daily reality.

"Some Afghans, who were close to Iran's Revolutionary Guards, approached me and my mates at the mosque," he said.

"They suggested we go to Syria to help defend the Shia holy shrines from Daesh," he added, using an acronym for the previous name of the jihadist group Islamic State (IS).

"They said we'd get passports and have an easy life afterwards. We'd be like Iranian citizens and could buy cars, houses..."

Bullet holes

Amir was drafted into the Fatemioun Brigade, an all-Afghan unit commanded by Revolutionary Guards officers.

The training, he says, was very short - a fortnight of tactical movement and basic weapons handling - and conducted in strict secrecy.

"The night we entered the base at Qarchak, near Varamin in Tehran province, all our mobile phones were confiscated - and after two weeks' basic training, we were driven to the airport in buses with blacked-out windows," he said.

Despite having no ,passports the Afghan recruits were flown directly to Syria on specially chartered jets.

...the first Afghan militias began to arrive in 2012.

"The Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps decided that the Syrian military could not succeed on their own," he told the BBC. "The frontlines were too depleted and men were trying to avoid conscription."

The Iranians decided to set up a 50,000-strong National Defence Force to fight alongside the Syrian army.

With a shortage of willing fighters inside Syria, they began looking elsewhere - signing up Iranian Afghans, Lebanese, Iraqi and Pakistani Shia recruits.

As we travelled across Europe, we met many Afghan ex-fighters like Amir, and all told similar stories.

In the Moria migrant camp on the Greek island of Lesbos, a clearly traumatised teenage veteran describes how Afghan Fatemioun fighters were used as first-wave shock troops and were effectively disposable.

"Sometimes we had no supplies, no water, no bread - hungry and thirsty in the middle of the desert," he told us.

"We would take ground at great cost and then have to hand it over to the Syrian soldiers. But they would usually lose it back to Daesh after a day or two.

'Forced to fight'

At the port of Mytilene we found another group of young Afghan men. They all said they were ex-Fatemioun fighters.

One, who showed us his dog tags and de-mobilisation paperwork, explained how he had been effectively coerced into fighting in Syria.

"They took us to war by force," he says. "I wasn't happy with that but they said that because I was an Afghan who'd been arrested without identity papers, they'd either deport me to Afghanistan or send me to prison. I ended up being held in Asgar Abad detention camp before joining up."

He says he spent 12 months in Syria, as a tank driver and later a sniper, deployed across the country from Damascus to Palmyra. But when he finally got back to Iran, the Revolutionary Guards broke their promises.

"They gave me this small green identity document. It was just this 30-day temporary residency. I couldn't get a driving license with it - I couldn't even buy myself a Sim card!

"I complained and they said: 'You have to go back to do another tour of duty' - but I didn't want to. I ran away and here I am."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36035095

Yick, what a vile coward sick regime.

BBC article about Afghan fighters in Syria:

Syria war: The Afghans sent by Iran to fight for Assad
By Fariba Sahraei BBC Persian

As the five-year conflict in Syria grinds on, BBC Persian has found evidence that Iran is sending thousands of Afghan men to fight alongside Syrian government forces.

The men, who are mainly ethnic Hazaras, are recruited from impoverished and vulnerable migrant communities in Iran, and sent to join a multi-national Shia Muslim militia - in effect a "Foreign Legion" - that Iran has mobilised to support Syrian President Bashar al-Assad.

Many have since fled the battlefield and joined the refugee trail to Europe.

In a small town in Germany, we meet "Amir", an Afghan man in his early twenties.

He was born to refugee parents in Isfahan, Iran, and is now himself an asylum seeker in Europe.

Like most of the almost three million Afghans in Iran, he lived as a second-class citizen.

Without legal residency or identity documents, he found it hard to get an education or a job. Fear of arrest and deportation was a daily reality.

"Some Afghans, who were close to Iran's Revolutionary Guards, approached me and my mates at the mosque," he said.

"They suggested we go to Syria to help defend the Shia holy shrines from Daesh," he added, using an acronym for the previous name of the jihadist group Islamic State (IS).

"They said we'd get passports and have an easy life afterwards. We'd be like Iranian citizens and could buy cars, houses..."

Bullet holes

Amir was drafted into the Fatemioun Brigade, an all-Afghan unit commanded by Revolutionary Guards officers.

The training, he says, was very short - a fortnight of tactical movement and basic weapons handling - and conducted in strict secrecy.

"The night we entered the base at Qarchak, near Varamin in Tehran province, all our mobile phones were confiscated - and after two weeks' basic training, we were driven to the airport in buses with blacked-out windows," he said.

Despite having no ,passports the Afghan recruits were flown directly to Syria on specially chartered jets.

...the first Afghan militias began to arrive in 2012.

"The Iranian Revolutionary Guards Corps decided that the Syrian military could not succeed on their own," he told the BBC. "The frontlines were too depleted and men were trying to avoid conscription."

The Iranians decided to set up a 50,000-strong National Defence Force to fight alongside the Syrian army.

With a shortage of willing fighters inside Syria, they began looking elsewhere - signing up Iranian Afghans, Lebanese, Iraqi and Pakistani Shia recruits.

As we travelled across Europe, we met many Afghan ex-fighters like Amir, and all told similar stories.

In the Moria migrant camp on the Greek island of Lesbos, a clearly traumatised teenage veteran describes how Afghan Fatemioun fighters were used as first-wave shock troops and were effectively disposable.

"Sometimes we had no supplies, no water, no bread - hungry and thirsty in the middle of the desert," he told us.

"We would take ground at great cost and then have to hand it over to the Syrian soldiers. But they would usually lose it back to Daesh after a day or two.

'Forced to fight'

At the port of Mytilene we found another group of young Afghan men. They all said they were ex-Fatemioun fighters.

One, who showed us his dog tags and de-mobilisation paperwork, explained how he had been effectively coerced into fighting in Syria.

"They took us to war by force," he says. "I wasn't happy with that but they said that because I was an Afghan who'd been arrested without identity papers, they'd either deport me to Afghanistan or send me to prison. I ended up being held in Asgar Abad detention camp before joining up."

He says he spent 12 months in Syria, as a tank driver and later a sniper, deployed across the country from Damascus to Palmyra. But when he finally got back to Iran, the Revolutionary Guards broke their promises.

"They gave me this small green identity document. It was just this 30-day temporary residency. I couldn't get a driving license with it - I couldn't even buy myself a Sim card!

"I complained and they said: 'You have to go back to do another tour of duty' - but I didn't want to. I ran away and here I am."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-36035095

Yick, what a vile coward sick regime.

If this NDF is comprised of this kind of conscripts how are they (the regime) managing to secure victory in the battlefields? Whatever the composition the regime has found the brigade quite useful. So, that's another side of the story.

By:www.ibtimes.com
Iran Ramps Up Presence In Syria, Deploys Troops As Ceasefire Breaks Down
Iran is ramping up its military presence in Syria amid peace talks between the rebels and Syrian President Bashar Assad. Fearing that Russia may side with the U.S. and approve the removal of Assad from power, the Iranian government is now, more than ever, investing in propping up the regime's dwindling army and air force.

“They [the Iranians] saw it as an opportunity to move closer to the regime,” one U.S. official told the Financial Times.

Iran has for years had a military presence in Syria. Soldiers from Hezbollah, some stationed in Lebanon, others in Syria's capital of Damascus, have helped the Syrian army fight the rebels. The Iranian Revolutionary Guard Corps, the elite military unit in Iran, has had an increased presence in Syria since the civil war broke out in 2011.

Those same contingents have also fought the Islamic State group, also known as ISIS, in Iraq. But as peace talks resume once again, Russia seems to be more aligned with the U.S. strategy, which is based on the demand that Assad step aside in order for a political transition to move forward.

Russia pulled back a big portion of its military from Syria last month.

“I hope that this will considerably increase the level of trust between all parties of the Syrian settlement and will contribute to a peaceful resolution of the Syrian issue,” Russian President Vladimir Putin said in March, at a meeting with his top deputies that was broadcast on Russian state television.

The Russian military pullback announced last month threatens Tehran's position not only in Syria, but in the region. If Assad is ousted, Iranian military presence in the country will be diminished and Iran will no longer dominate the region as it does now.

That's why Iran is deploying more troops to Damascus. Those deployments, though, come at a cost. At least four Iranian soldiers have been killed in one week. Iranian media have reported that more than 150 Guards died in more than a year of fighting in Syria.

The United Nations is amid a new round of peace talks aimed at ending Syria's five-year civil war. The talks started and stalled multiple times in the last five years.

The latest session took place in Geneva on Friday. Syria's U.N. ambassador, Bashar Ja'afari, said he had "constructive and fruitful" discussions with Special Envoy Staffan de Mistura. The Saudi-backed Higher Negotiations Committee, which represents many of the rebel groups in the country, and the Syrian government have submitted proposals to de Mistura on a political transition.

Iranian Maj. Gen. Qassem Soleimani flew to Moscow for talks with Russia's military and political leadership on the situation in Syria, Reuters reported Friday.

The main purpose of his visit was to discuss new delivery routes for shipments of Russian S-300 surface-to-air missile systems. Several sources, though, told Reuters that Soleimani wanted to talk about how Russia and Iran could help the Syrian government regain full control of the city of Aleppo...........See more
syriapeacetalks.jpg

Happy Independence Day, Syria!
Keep fighting invaders who wants to steal your freedom.
e679620614b6.jpg
This was the flag of Syria on 17 April 1946:

640px-Flag_of_Syria_%281932-1958%3B_1961-1963%29.svg.png

Indeed invaders from Iraq, Iran, Russia, Lebanon, Afghanistan will be defeated.

If this NDF is comprised of this kind of conscripts how are they (the regime) managing to secure victory in the battlefields? Whatever the composition the regime has found the brigade quite useful. So, that's another side of the story.
Assad has 1000 times more artillery power.
1000 times more tanks.
air force.
rebels were backstabbed by ISIS
rebels are mostly poor peasants

So u should ask how rebels still able to resist and preserve positions? - the reason is that rebels are volunteers who fight for their homes and freedom, while Assadists are either mercenary invaders or poor forced slaves.

Last edited:
You are still in high school. Don't act like you have any military experience. CTIS is a 4 word acronym, what specifically it stands for, you have not stated.

As for the 360 degree sight, it's almost always referred to as a 'panoramic sight' or 'hunter killer' even many company brochures as well as experienced tankers, ones in documentaries and ones I have met in real life refer to a sight as 'panoramic sight'.

I'm 30 years old, you on the other hand is a school boy. The TURMS-T has been seen as far as Deir ez Zor as well as photographed. There has also been reports of T-72s with the TURMS-S outside Aleppo.

You and @500 have a redicolous logic, just because there is a limited number of T-72s with the TURMS-T, in your heads, means that there is no way that T-72 which clearly has TURMS-T features can be a TURMS-T according to you two idiots :lol:

There is by far less T-90s in Syria then T-72s with TURMS-T upgrades yet I can find videos of T-90s and dozens of pictures.

How is this possible?

View attachment 300770

View attachment 300771

View attachment 300772
You literally just contradicted yourself.
My age doesn't matter, nor does yours, but you're the one yapping about it.
No T-72 TURMS-T has been spotted in Aleppo. Deir Ez Zour doesn't make sense either, since it's BESIEGED. I am not aware of any RG brigades in Deir who have the T-72 TURMS in their possession.

Furthermore, we are not talking about TURMS-T only, but about TURMS-T equipped tanks with the panoramic sight. Which are ONLY found in Damascus. Their main job is surveillance from Qasioun. Oryx blog has already reported about this.

The republic of India will want a stronger Asad Regime in Syria.

Because it is where our interests lies.

We welcome the president of Syria with great regards.

No 3rd nation can dictate our foreign policy.

Our relations with Israel are unique and based upon mutual benefits and common problems. We are as usual thankful to Israel for its support to India and the relations between two nations will continue to blossom.

By:www.timesofisrael.com
Syria rebels vow armed response to regime ceasefire ‘violations’

BEIRUT — Several of Syria’s key opposition factions said Monday they were launching an armed response to what they alleged were regime “violations” of a ceasefire agreement in the war-torn country.

“After the increase of violations by regime forces that included targeting displaced people and continuous bombing of residential neighborhoods, we declare the start of the battle in response,” said a statement signed by 10 armed rebel groups.

The truce, brokered by Russia and the United States, has seen violence dip significantly across Syria but fighting has recently flared in several regions, particularly around second city Aleppo.

Among the groups to sign the Monday statement was Jaish al-Islam, the most powerful rebel faction in Eastern Ghouta, an opposition stronghold east of Damascus.

A key figure in Jaish al-Islam is Mohammed Alloush, who is also the chief negotiator for Syria’s main opposition body, which is currently participating in UN-brokered peace talks in Geneva.

Alloush on Sunday called for renewed attacks on regime forces, despite the shaky truce.

“Don’t trust the regime and don’t wait for their pity,” he wrote on Twitter. “Strike them at their necks (kill them). Strike them everywhere.”

Also among the signatories was Ahrar al-Sham, a powerful Islamist group that has been fighting alongside al-Qaeda’s local affiliate around Aleppo........See more
000_9I9KF-e1460833685359-635x357.jpg

Assad has 1000 times more artillery power.
1000 times more tanks.
air force.
rebels were backstabbed by ISIS
rebels are mostly poor peasants

So u should ask how rebels still able to resist and preserve positions? - the reason is that rebels are volunteers who fight for their homes and freedom, while Assadists are either mercenary invaders or poor forced slaves.

Isn't this an irony, an assrahelli talking about people fighting for their homes and freedom? Look, if you think I'm a hypocrite like you, you're wrong. I support the Syrian people fighting against the Asad regime but also support the legitimate Palestinian cause.

Isn't this an irony, an assrahelli talking about people fighting for their homes and freedom? Look, if you think I'm a hypocrite like you, you're wrong. I support the Syrian people fighting against the Asad regime but also support the legitimate Palestinian cause.
There is no any irony. I support Palestinian state.

Meanwhile rebels capture Khirbat al Naqous in Ghab plain and Nahshaba and Rasha in Latakia today

http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.648090&lon=36.325264&z=14&m=b
http://wikimapia.org/#lang=en&lat=35.736237&lon=36.193857&z=15&m=b

CgTv2AVWIAEUhvV.jpg

CgTanT_W8AA1SlA.jpg

Assad retaliates by barrel bombing rebel towns:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom