What's new

Syrian Airdefences shot down Turkish plane

@RaptorRX707
In a time when the relations between the two countries are sour , I wonder why the Turkish F-4 flew that close to the Syrian airspace and even entered it which Ankara itself admits ! No country would be lenient with an aircraft of hostile country intruding in its airspace ...

You know its not about war... IR supports Hezbullah which opress Sunni population in Lebenon, IR supports Assad which opress Sunni population in Syria... Ofcourse people will say that Iran's motivation is sectarian. What do you expect people to think that this is all coincidence?
Yes thats the case, they thought that sunni are dumb, not seeing their etnic cleansing of iraq, and now syria under various pretext...but this time, the ugly face of the mullah republic has been exposed to all.
They are the most sectarian people on earth

Turkey admits plane strayed - TwinCities.com
Turkey and Syria on Saturday, June 23, pulled back from a possible confrontation over Syria's downing of a Turkish fighter jet that had strayed across their common border into Syrian air space Friday. As their respective navies searched for the two missing Turkish crew, both sides said Friday's clash had been accidental.

A spokesman for the Syrian foreign ministry said the military unit that shot down the Turkish F4 Phantom interceptor had not realized the aircraft was Turkish and added: "There was no enmity against Turkey." Spokesman Jihad Makdisi made the comment to the Turkish state news channel TRT, the Associated Press reported.

The Syrian government said an "unidentified object" had approached Syrian territorial waters from the west at "a very low altitude and at high speed." Syrian anti-aircraft artillery fired at the jet when it was 0.6-mile off the Syrian coast, and it crashed about 4.8 miles off the coast.

Confrontation between Syria and Turkey will not lead to war with NATO | Atlantic Council
From James Joyner, the New Atlanticist: [T]he operative word that almost certainly disqualifies this incident from an Article 5 response is "attack." Turkey was engaged in aggressive action along its border with Syria during a particularly tense situation and flew into Syrian airspace. While shooting down the plane was almost certainly an overreaction--the Assad government has said as much--it's hardly an "attack."

In the case of Syria, of course, the incident hardly comes out of the blue. Tensions have been escalating for well over a year, with a series of international condemnations and resolutions from the UN and many if not most NATO states. At the same time, the Security Council has, through the veto power of Russia and China, declined to act. And NATO Secretary General Anders Fogh Rasmussen has repeatedly and vehemently declared from the outset that NATO has no intention of repeating its intervention in Libya with one in Syria.

Additionally, Assad has handled the aftermath of this incident deftly. He swiftly expressed remorse for the loss of life caused by the shooting down of Turkey's jet--almost surely the decision of a relative low level operator making a rapid decision under extreme stress rather than a considered policy judgment of the central government--and promptly not only gave Turkey permission to begin a recovery operation in Syrian space but joined in. While he's a vicious thug willing to do just about anything to stay in power, he's rather clearly not angling for war with NATO, much less Turkey.

My guess would be F4 strayed into Syrian airspace, for whatever reason. Syria has no reason to provoke a response from Turkey and, more importantly, NATO given the clause that an attack on one member nation is the same as an attack on all NATO members.

My guess would be F4 strayed into Syrian airspace, for whatever reason. Syria has no reason to provoke a response from Turkey and, more importantly, NATO given the clause that an attack on one member nation is the same as an attack on all NATO members.

So , just because of the fear of NATO , Syria has no right to safeguard its sovereignty ... Is that what you are saying ? :azn:

Actually , Syrian Aircraft didn't enter Turkish Airspace and shot one of their planes down ... What makes you consider this as a attack ? When logic dictates that it was an act of self defense ...

@RaptorRX707
In a time when the relations between the two countries are sour , I wonder why the Turkish F-4 flew that close to the Syrian airspace and even entered it which Ankara itself admits ! No country would be lenient with an aircraft of hostile country intruding in its airspace ...

I agree with your analysis exactly. What I had thought, Turkey had their own purpose to increase tension between two rival cousins (Turkey and Syria). Same tactics method against Libya, Turkey fail to realize it. I strongly support Russia for the best interest of Syria and its own internal matters. Turkey is trying hard to please West and NATO game plan.

Advise Turkey to focus attention on unsolve Flotilla incident case.

AKP make look Turkish nation ridicilous. Turkey in my opinion is already to late. Responsing with a missile for crossing the border by 1km is bullcrap. Some weeks ago jewish jets fly over Turkish airspace but nothing happend and Syria now attacking a Turkish plane. They knew it.

Turkey needed to take action that hour that day by night taking out those retard Russians SAM's. What could Syria do back? Nothing. Retard AKP. Erdogan roaring that Assad is this and that but when it comes for combat immidiatly peeping to NATO. But if pkk attack Turkish soldiers and kill Turkish soldiers nothing happens..

Man really never saw that weak foreign policy in my life.

Turkey should be more firm, even if this dirty regime has got full suport from russians and the shia, at least do face saving action like some cruise missile against aa site

Do you want bombs dropping on you? People like you should have been in Hama. You remind me of a Mukhti Bahini type of Bengali.

See my Turkish friends?? Welcome to our lives.. Your jet gets shot down in international waters and it is YOUR fault, and then you are (puppets, cowards, satanic....etc).

Yeah well get used to people hating you this is the result of a more powerful influence.

So , just because of the fear of NATO , Syria has no right to safeguard its sovereignty ... Is that what you are saying ? :azn:

Actually , Syrian Aircraft didn't enter Turkish Airspace and shot one of their planes down ... What makes you consider this as a attack ? When logic dictates that it was an act of self defense ...

Have you even read the latest statements by Turkey?

I agree with your analysis exactly. What I had thought, Turkey had their own purpose to increase tension between two rival cousins (Turkey and Syria). Same tactics method against Libya, Turkey fail to realize it. I strongly support Russia for the best interest of Syria and its own internal matters. Turkey is trying hard to please West and NATO game plan.

Advise Turkey to focus attention on unsolve Flotilla incident case.

Troll, if the intention was to escalate the tensions, we would have done it when Syria attacked the refugee camps in Turkey.
Now take your obsessed mind with NATO out of this thread until you have something to contribute other than trolling.

Actually bro , it is all about waging another war in Middle East and nothing else ... The damned Arab-Persian rivalry is at play once again exploited by the West ! ... Why this sudden selective empathy else then ? I am unable to fathom the reason behind this ... Let me tell you our hands aren't clean either , I would have gone into detail if it wasn't for the fact that I do not wish to derail the thread ...

I am disgusted by Muslims seriously ! Continuously killing each other :hitwall:

I am not a muslim nor I ever was and my mother was an Alevi and my father was a Sunni so I never had any sect hatred in my life so I really don't know whats the point of sect hatred either but I can't deny that IR shows sect behaviour.

Although I do not believe that they are supporting Assad for sect. They want to be a regional hegimone so they need allies and Syria is the only ally that they can fully controll and thats why they are supporting Assad. But common people will think this as sect war and nothing more. You can't expect every muslim on earth to have above avarage intellect.

I wouldn't say no to sending some cruise missiles to those AA batteries...

Which one we should supply Babur cruise missile to Syria or Turkey ? :undecided:

Pakistan+Successfully+Tests+Hatf-VII+Babar+Cruise+Missile+multi+tube+Missile+Launch+Vehicle+%2528MLV%2529+from+a+new+caniste+submarine+launched+version.jpg

If Pakistan support Turkey by giving Babur cruise missiles, no doubt NATO terrorists will access it by attacking us. Syria is possible better in self defence, any deal?

if the intention was to escalate the tensions, we would have done it when Syria attacked the refugee camps in Turkey.
Now take your obsessed mind with NATO out of this thread until you have something to contribute other.

What I said it is true and correct by observing it, everyone see it clear picture. You can call me bad languages whatever you want, I don't mind either. That's immature behavior by common Turkish behaviors.

Man... and I thought I was arguing with a resoable person...

No country on earth has the right to open fire to an aircraft after 15 minutes of its leaving national airspace without warning specailly if said aircraft has open ID, left their national airspace after 2 minutes and is unarmed...

Quote from Ghazali ''Don’t argue with ignorant people, I’ve never won against them''

What I said it is true and correct by observing it, everyone see it clear picture. You can call me bad languages whatever you want, I don't mind either. That's immature behavior by common Turkish behaviors.

Who is everyone? Why it is true? You do not have any logical argument and you're talking nonsense, yet we're the immature ones?

You're a troll and your "polite manners" is not going to fool anyone.

Back
Top Bottom