What's new

Syrian Airdefences shot down Turkish plane

they say phantom (f4) but may be RF 4 for spying ...

well if it was on spying mission and violated the airspace then it was a fair game
I hope turkey is not doing the American bidding and doing the preliminary recon on NATO's behalf before a unilateral air campaign is decided bypassing the UN and Americans under the NATO banner invade yet another country.

although I am upset about this incident but I would pray that Syrian civil war doesnt take an international dimension.

updated news (there might be some translation mistake)

The aircraft was shot in international airspace

Following the crisis of the aircraft in Ankara, the road map to be followed as response to for Damascus management, the summit on the summit was held to determine.

The first assessments of Syria stance 'the event of attack was an accident' in the direction of the defense is not convincing. According to information Zaman acquired, Ankara determined that when the aircraft had been shot it was flying international airspace as opposite to the claim of Damascus.

After safety summit took place the previous evening headed by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan yesterday, the first meeting took place in the Foreign Ministry residence. Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, Deputy Chief of Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar, and the MIT Undersecretary Hakan Fidan joined the meeting. Following the meeting, which lasted two hours, this time the Prime Minister's Official Residence, a summit was held in the evening. The size of its diplomatic and military steps to be taken at the summit headed by Erdogan tabled. Accordingly, the ‘pursue the issue and go on with determination' has been adopted. Turkey's justice, the invalidity of pretexts put forward by Syria, described the UN as well as other platforms. In this context, sources point out that the aircraft was an unarmed reconnaissance aircraft. This property is not subject to attack, even if an aircraft violated its airspace.

"Under international law, in the case of violation aircraft must have been warned. The radio, this could be done as well as Syrian warplanes. But, there is no information about it." In addition, Syrian stance "We understood later that it was a Turkish plane" is no convincing explanation. Because, radar technologies clearly show the affiliation of the aircraft. Ankara does not think at this stage is to invite NATO mission.

D

I don't expect any final statement before Erdogan's meeting with the opposition party leaders, which is going to be held on tomorrow night.

Ankara determined that when the aircraft had been shot it was flying international airspace as opposite to the claim of Damascus.

If the report is true, then it will change the whole situation, and it won't be in favor of Syria.

I don't expect any final statement before Erdogan's meeting with the opposition party leaders, which is going to be held on tomorrow night.

guys this looks too fishy to me.. I wonder if its really Syria or someone else who would love to see a fight between Turkey and Syria?

I mean come on

on one hand we have a "devious and evil" Asad killing his own people etc but barely able to contain the rebels who are being aided by the Arab and Americans to the hilt and then his regime is willing to risk an international retaliation?

I just ask myself who would benefit from this incident?

Rebels? yes
Americans? yes
anyone else that wants Asad removed? yes

Syria knows where it stands vs Turkish military might. and if its really doing the most obvious then its regime is only speeding up its demise

if the Turkish plane was really in the international airspace then I must say that Syria has some impressive long range SAMs and stupidity to ask for trouble
but if the Turkish and Syrian counts differ where the plane was really flying then I dont know how the things will proceed
the best way to minimize damage is safe return of the pilots to Turkey.

guys this looks too fishy to me.. I wonder if its really Syria or someone else who would love to see a fight between Turkey and Syria?

I mean come on

on one hand we have a "devious and evil" Asad killing his own people etc but barely able to contain the rebels who are being aided by the Arab and Americans to the hilt and then his regime is willing to risk an international retaliation?

Syria has taken the responsibility.

Syria has taken the responsibility.
Yup, even i provided the link (BBC) that but one pakistani member called that its war mongering source. Height of conspiracy theory.

POLITICS - "Syria shot Turkish plane without warning" Ankara says

The Turkish government has refuted a statement from the Syrian Foreign Ministry that said Damascus acted in self-defense in shooting down a Turkish warplane on June 22, Turkish sources told the Hürriyet Daily News today.
“We have necessary information showing that the Turkish plane was shot at without any warning,” an official source said on condition of anonymity.

“We are 100 percent right and the act of Syrian regime is against all dynamics of international law,”
Ömer Çelik, the deputy chairman in charge of foreign policy for the ruling Justi ce and Development Party (AK Parti), said on his Twitter account. “All data about the incident confirms that.”

Syria has claimed they downed the aircraft. And now turkey says it might have strayed into syrian airspace.
But I cant see any war coming. Ruskies are mad this time, they wont lose syria.

Not to mention Syria apologize so soon immediately. If Syria did claim to shoot it down in self defense why apologize so quickly. Something stinks about Syria's actions.

It was an unknown aircraft which severely violated Syrian airspace, Syria has the right to shoot it down, they have no time for prolonged warnings. Now some angry Turks who don't understand the violation the fighter jet committed now want to destabilize the one defiant Arab country in the ME. If a Syrian jet violated Turkish airspace perhaps even flying 1 mile off shore from Istanbul would Turkiye not shoot it down?

As far as I know Syria has apologized and that was mature of them. Turkiye needs to cool it.

I read a news mentioning Syria says they did not apologize on this incident.

Syria: We did not apologize

Syria's Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Makdisi, said "We did not apologize"

The Al Ihrabiye television is known very close to the Syrian administration and also Champress news reported that according to the Syrian Foreign Ministry spokesman Jihad Maqdisi Syria has never apologized for the shooting down the Turkish aircraft.

D

Of course we do not know yet if Syria apologized or not. This news can be a propaganda to cheer the supporters of Bashar Al Assad up.

New World Order is on the way. It is depending and testing.

Russia Fires Bulava SS-NX-30 Missile From Syria as a Warning to NATO and Israel

http://www.********.com/view?i=716_1339881953

http://www.********.com/view?i=3f5_1339707136

It is very important to Turkey to quit the NATO member in order to save themselves from grave danger. Turkey is in between sandwich from North to South from Russia eyes.

It was an unknown aircraft which severely violated Syrian airspace, Syria has the right to shoot it down, they have no time for prolonged warnings. Now some angry Turks who don't understand the violation the fighter jet committed now want to destabilize the one defiant Arab country in the ME. If a Syrian jet violated Turkish airspace perhaps even flying 1 mile off shore from Istanbul would Turkiye not shoot it down?

As far as I know Syria has apologized and that was mature of them. Turkiye needs to cool it.

Before you open your mouth, think twice. You do not know anything about the international law and you are blabbering here.

There is an international protocol to follow in the case of violation.

First you take off your warplane, warn the invader to leave your airspace

Second, If the invader continues her action, than force her to land.

And third, If the invader goes on, then you shoot her.

Besides the shot aircraft was unarmed reconnaissance aircraft, therefore according to the international law you cannot shoot this aircraft even if an aircraft violated your airspace unless you are at war.

In addition, Turkiye followed this protocol when Israeli warplanes violated our airspace in Hatay province and in the North Cyprus of Turkish republic territory.

form my previous comment #345

After safety summit took place the previous evening headed by Prime Minister Tayyip Erdogan yesterday, the first meeting took place in the Foreign Ministry residence. Minister Ahmet Davutoglu, Deputy Chief of Staff Gen. Hulusi Akar, and the MIT Undersecretary Hakan Fidan joined the meeting. Following the meeting, which lasted two hours, this time the Prime Minister's Official Residence, a summit was held in the evening. The size of its diplomatic and military steps to be taken at the summit headed by Erdogan tabled. Accordingly, the ‘pursue the issue and go on with determination' has been adopted. Turkey's justice, the invalidity of pretexts put forward by Syria, described the UN as well as other platforms. In this context, sources point out that the aircraft was an unarmed reconnaissance aircraft. This property is not subject to attack, even if an aircraft violated its airspace.

"Under international law, in the case of violation aircraft must have been warned. The radio, this could be done as well as Syrian warplanes. But, there is no information about it." In addition, Syrian stance "We understood later that it was a Turkish plane" is no convincing explanation. Because, radar technologies clearly show the affiliation of the aircraft.

Before you open your mouth, think twice. You know anything about the international law and you are blabbering here.

There is an international protocol to follow in the case of violation.

First you take off your warplane, warn the invader to leave your airspace

Second, If the invader continues her action, than force her to land.

And third, If the invader goes on, then you shoot her.

Besides the shot aircraft was unarmed reconnaissance aircraft, therefore according to the international law you cannot shoot this aircraft even if an aircraft violated your airspace unless you are at war.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/turkey-defence/189453-syria-shot-turkish-warplane-24.html#ixzz1yfnbrRmX

It's not Syria's responsibility to identity why type of aircraft it was, and if it was a recon jet on a spying mission in Syrian airspace, then that poses a threat to Syria.

As for warnings, realistically Syria is engulfed in a heated civil war they are not going to have time to deliver warnings. Turkiye failed in its responsibility to fly it's jet in international airspace, violated sovereignty very close to shore, and failed to evacuate Syrian airspace in a timely manner as well. It also isn't clear whether Syria warned or not, don't rest your argument on lack of warning.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom