What's new

Sweden arrested Quran burner in the face of protests: Momen

Black_cats

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

Sweden arrested Quran burner in the face of protests: Momen​

A demonstrator burns the Quran outside Stockholm's central mosque in Stockholm, Sweden June 28, 2023. Photo: REUTERS
A demonstrator burns the Quran outside Stockholm's central mosque in Stockholm, Sweden June 28, 2023. Photo: REUTERS

Swedish authorities have arrested the man responsible for burning a copy of the Quran in the face of protests from Muslim countries across the globe, including Bangladesh, Foreign Minister Dr AK Abdul Momen said today.

"We have already summoned the Charge d'Affaires of the Swedish Embassy in Dhaka under the direction of the prime minister and have strongly protested against the burning of the Holy Quran in Sweden and we have also demanded that the responsible person be punished," he said while responding to questions in the parliament on Tuesday.

He continued, "Our ambassador in Sweden has already informed us that the Swedish government has expressed regret over the incident and arrested the person responsible.

"Prior to the incident, according to them, the man had said he would only publish his statement, but did not say that he would burn the Quran. Hence, he was arrested for spreading hatred. Because spreading hatred is against their laws.

"Like us, many other Muslim countries have protested and we are satisfied with the action taken by the Swedish government."

Authorities arrested 37-year-old Iraqi national Salwan Momika on hate crimes charges last Wednesday after he used a pre-approved permit from Stockholm city officials to burn pages of the Quran outside Stockholm's central mosque during the observance of Eid al-Adha, a major holy day for Muslims.

why are they arresting someone for merely burning a book he detests.

"Authorities arrested 37-year-old Iraqi national Salwan Momika on hate crimes charges last Wednesday after he used a pre-approved permit from Stockholm city officials to burn pages of the Quran outside Stockholm's central mosque"

He could sue the city now.

Last edited:
They arrested the imposter in the face of global protest against Sweden. There are hardly any sensible minds in Sweden when it comes to respecting Islam.
lets see how they react this time, even for European standards its stupid, cause I saw many Swedish people call it stupid and provocations.

Swedens politicians really make some stupid decisions by letting this hateful man Quran burning to happen , and on top of everything you think joining NATO will make you safer? I pray Turkey continue to block u swedes.

@waz please delete @wildlens comment and ban him. Such blasphemous and Islamophobic statements should not be allowed on this forum.
It is not blasphemous. Please see what your co religionists do all over the world especially against Hinduism. Even on this forum see how blasphemy against Hindu gods and ahmadi Islamic prophets are made.

@waz please delete @wildlens comment and ban him. Such blasphemous and Islamophobic statements should not be allowed on this forum.
There I have changed reference. Is this ok? Can I stand by my support for that guy or no?

It is not blasphemous. Please see what your co religionists do all over the world especially against Hinduism. Even on this forum see how blasphemy against Hindu gods and ahmadi Islamic prophets are made.

There I have changed reference. Is this ok? Can I stand by my support for that guy or no?

Freedom of speech, not freedom to insult ..If you dont know the difference, then you shouldn't comment

So f@!k off

Thanks for editing your initial post which was criminally Islamophobic and wrong. Do not go around with such belligerent anti-Islam rhetoric. Such vile comments might resonate among Hindu nationalists but please don’t bring that vile rhetoric to this forum.

Thank you.

Freedom of speech, not freedom to insult ..If you dont know the difference, then you shouldn't comment

So f@!k off
look at people from your country on how they talk and cheer insults to hindu gods , idols and beliefs. Next time you see that think how you whined here and stop them and teach them respect given = respect received.

Thanks for editing your initial post which was criminally Islamophobic and wrong. Do not go around with such belligerent anti-Islam rhetoric. Such vile comments might resonate among Hindu nationalists but please don’t bring that vile rhetoric to this forum.

Thank you.
I don't believe that it was factually incorrect or wrong, but I have no problem to take it back if that hurts sentiments. Sorry.
ANti Islamic rhetoric happens for a reason and I am not diving into details here. I am not a Hindu nationalist and really don't respect any of the nationalists, leftists and islamists. The tribe who are at the centre and want to be there is very small.
The only thing I request you is pay it forward when your compatriots insult HIndu beliefs and faith.
respectfully yours.

Last edited:
look at people from your country on how they talk and cheer insults to hindu gods , idols and beliefs. Next time you see that think how you whined here and stop them and teach them respect given = respect received.

I don't believe that it was factually incorrect or wrong, but I have no problem to take it back if that hurts sentiments. Sorry.
ANti Islamic rhetoric happens for a reason. I am not a Hindu nationalist and really don't respect all of the nationalists, leftists and islamists. The people who are at the centre is very small. You need to
The only thing I request you is pay it forward when your compatriots insult HIndu beliefs and faith.
respectfully yours.

Your attitude betrays the decent facade you put forth. If you think anti-Islamic rhetoric happens for a reason, then you are an unapologetic islamophobe. No other way to say it & I hope moderators take note of your belligerent rhetoric.

Your attitude betrays the decent facade you put forth. If you think anti-Islamic rhetoric happens for a reason, then you are an unapologetic islamophobe. No other way to say it & I hope moderators take note of your belligerent rhetoric.
Sorry I need to disagree.. I have no problem with Islam. Every religion has sets of beliefs and there is a violent history. However when the muslims go about insulting others but are unable to take some on the chin people see through it. There is a reason why France is facing riots, Sweden does this, Belgium, Netherlands, Germany all are seeing anti islamic rhetoric.
The problem is that the muslims refuse to see and deny there is an issue at their side while causing mayhem everywhere. This is the root cause of anti islamism. Look no further than preachers like Zakir Nair. Look no further than the rules applicable to non-muslims in islamic countries. Look at the demands made by muslims in non-Muslim countries. You will see the hypocrisy and hence the cause.

why are they arresting someone for merely burning a book he detests.

"Authorities arrested 37-year-old Iraqi national Salwan Momika on hate crimes charges last Wednesday after he used a pre-approved permit from Stockholm city officials to burn pages of the Quran outside Stockholm's central mosque"

He could sue the city now.
Why arrest someone for merely eating beef ? Trolling with umbilical cord attached !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom