What's new

Sushma Swaraj likely to visit Israel in January

Who talked about compromising Americans. I'm talking about them compromising our interests.
In the areas I am envisioning cooperation between India and Israel there is little scope for the US to compromise India's interests via Israel.

Who talked about compromising Americans. I'm talking about them compromising our interests.

There are no permanent friends or enemies in International politics ...

Yes they can compromise our interests as much as we can compromise theirs ...

In fact we have already done that ...and they are still wiling to forge closer ties with us ...

Israel is present in such a neighborhood that it must be technically advance just to survive, Israel has got brain , technology but it lacks market to sell these, in nutshell there is US,INDIA and CHINA. US is world most advance nation and it does not require, now there are China and India, Israel generally want INDIA on its side because of terrorism, democracy, etc but our Congress government were so spineless that for first 50 years after independence there was no relationship, although 1992 formal relationship was announced nothing happen till the BJP came to power for the first time. But after 2004 when again Congress came relationship was put under the rug, although defense deal were happening but there was no commitment towards Israeli openly, I think at that time Israel start looking China so that it at least get some vote in UN. India was so anti Israel in UN that even Palestian were more friendlier to Israel.

Israel is a country who has helped us in every war from 1962,71,91 and yet we have taken them granted and just to please Arab we have treated badly to Israel, I think time has come we need to correct ourselves and come openly in supporting Israel at UN and everywhere, we should not keep relationship of Israel hostage to Middle eastern wimps.:toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:
Would love to here from other member on the critical issue..................

In the areas I am envisioning cooperation between India and Israel there is little scope for the US to compromise India's interests via Israel.
I'm once again talking about Israel compromising us.
There are no permanent friends or enemies in International politics ...

Yes they can compromise our interests as much as we can compromise theirs ...

In fact we have already done that ...and they are still wiling to forge closer ties with us ...
Please tell that to @Abingdonboy

Israel is present in such a neighborhood that it must be technically advance just to survive, Israel has got brain , technology but it lacks market to sell these, in nutshell there is US,INDIA and CHINA. US is world most advance nation and it does not require, now there are China and India, Israel generally want INDIA on its side because of terrorism, democracy, etc but our Congress government were so spineless that for first 50 years after independence there was no relationship, although 1992 formal relationship was announced nothing happen till the BJP came to power for the first time. But after 2004 when again Congress came relationship was put under the rug, although defense deal were happening but there was no commitment towards Israeli openly, I think at that time Israel start looking China so that it at least get some vote in UN. India was so anti Israel in UN that even Palestian were more friendlier to Israel.

Israel is a country who has helped us in every war from 1962,71,91 and yet we have taken them granted and just to please Arab we have treated badly to Israel, I think time has come we need to correct ourselves and come openly in supporting Israel at UN and everywhere, we should not keep relationship of Israel hostage to Middle eastern wimps.:toast_sign::toast_sign::toast_sign:
Would love to here from other member on the critical issue..................

The muslim population overall dislikes the Israel .

Singapore also shares very close ties with Israel which is deeply resented by malay muslim singaporeans

Subsequent Indian governments kept ties with Israel low key not to disturb the muslim minority vote bank ...

No need for me to tell that to @Abingdonboy , he is learned enough himself !!!

Everybody can potentially compromise us ...so should we break off from everyone and go to live in caves ?

Singapore also shares very close ties with Israel which is deeply resented by malay muslim singaporeans

Subsequent Indian governments kept ties with Israel low key not to disturb the muslim minority vote bank ...

Everybody can potentially compromise us ...so should we break off from everyone and go to live in caves ?

This keeps getting more and more ridiculous. As I from the very first post said, they are not our 'friend' as believed by @Abingdonboy. Good ties are of course different.
Good night.

This keeps getting more and more ridiculous. As I from the very first post said, they are not our 'friend' as believed by @Abingdonboy. Good ties are of course different.
Good night.

Like wise nobody can ever be our friend ...so what is your point in harping pointlessly on mere semantics ?

I understand full well that there is no such thing as permeant friends in international relations only permeant interests. All i am saying is that with Israel the situation is slightly different and India should allow itself to get as close as possible to her because it is truly beneficial to both sides and Israel is not as inclined as others to screw India over.

Israel is rather an anomaly and India's interests align with Israel almost perfectly.

Last edited:
Like wise nobody can ever be our friend ...so what is your point in harping pointlessly on mere semantics ?

Must be a religious matter - the one which is against Jews i.e.. Other than that I don't see a point for which any Indian would be apprehensive about Indo Israeli ties.

Must be a religious matter - the one which is against Jews i.e.. Other than that I don't see a point for which any Indian would be apprehensive about Indo Israeli ties.

well reasons are same why Indian Muslims dislike US or George Bush ... more or less ....

well reasons are same why Indian Muslims dislike US or George Bush ... more or less ....

The poster's prejudice must stem from that about Israel. The US / George Bush thing is new to me

The poster's prejudice must stem from that about Israel. The US / George Bush thing is new to me

well it was my personal observation ....I may be wrong

but most Indian muslims I came across appear to dislike US and George Bush who especially since 9/11 ....

Wherever she goes is usually followed by a NaMo trip. If this happens, we will then be truly treating Israel on par with any other country and accord it full diplomatic respect.

Congressi secularism has done a lot of damage to our foreign policy with Israel.

well it was my personal observation ....I may be wrong

but most Indian muslims I came across appear to dislike US and George Bush who especially since 9/11 ....

That's too big a brush to paint a huge population - but it's kind of majorly true when it comes to reactions against Israel - not hatred per se but a sort of indifference.

Wherever she goes is usually followed by a NaMo trip. If this happens, we will then be truly treating Israel on par with any other country and accord it full diplomatic respect.

Congressi secularism has done a lot of damage to our foreign policy with Israel.

I have a feeling NAMO will take up Netanyahu's invitation. He probably is waiting to get the elections out of the way.

Iran won't be amused if our PM visits Israel. And I believe Modi will avoid that.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom