What's new

SURPRISE : Pakistan's Per capita income reaches Rs 246,OOO or $1,543.

need far more. with Pakistan's birth rate, we need a 10% plus GDP growth rate.

What's the median income? Mean income is not a good parameter

I agree. I'd like to see it broken down more.

I think mamy people households earn at least two or three times this. I think our figures are dragged down however by the really poor. There are many people who are earning nothing, including sustinence farmers

There is a lot of work being done unnoticed and under appreciated. For example Pakistan is set to start exporting garlic within 2-3 years, currently we import most of it.

In 2018 a new high yield garlic was created by Pakistani scientists.

In 2020/2021 we're growing it in large numbers.

Now obviously garlic is no silver bullet (pardon the Pun), but its one example of the kind of work being done to turn the economy around.

Wealth in the hands of small and medium businesses long term is better for us than any other indicator of progress.
I'm still looking for your pun.
Would you please mind pointing it out.

GDP rebasing exercise is taking place after 2006 and results will be out this year that will increase nominal GDP by 15%. Basically next year Pakistan GDP can reach Rs60 trillion with growth rate of over 5%. Which at current exchange rate will be around $400 billion. FBR and provincial governments are not doing good job collecting taxes.

It will cover period between 2006-2016. Ideally Pakistan need to do this every 5 years to see where GDP stand and where tax collection can be improved.
any link for Gdp rebasing??

any link for Gdp rebasing??

I don't have link for GDP rebase but its on going since last couple of years. It will cover period of 2006-2016 and should be finalised this year. So from next year Pakistan will use 2016 base year instead of 2006.
edit: just found link

Back
Top Bottom