What's new

Supreme Court asks Centre to reveal all names in the #BlackMoney list tomorrow

Fun part is SIT already have that list since 27 June said by AG himself today i Wonder what SC Judges are smoking these Days.First they maligned the Authority of Executive of LG and President which Supreme Authority Even for Judiciary in Delhi Govt Case Now this Blunder.I have no Idea why are they so pissed tomorrow on Govt Procedures of handling this Issue But Today Accepted Same Old Govt Line Why???o_Oo_Oo_Oo_O
You are right. SC could have grabbed those names from the SIT whenever they wanted as SIT is a SC monitored commission & has complete control over that team. But...but...SC had to create this mega scene to prevent govt from leaking any more names to the public. This is a one big hogwash... & you have the govt, media & the judiciary, all playing to the script to make monkey out of public.

The judiciary seems to be pissed at the way Modi govt introduced the JAC bill, distributing large powers from a handful of SCJ.

maybe they are playing who's the daddy game :p

The judiciary seems to be pissed at the way Modi govt introduced the JAC bill, distributing large powers from a handful of SCJ.

^ this
IMHO this is exactly what's happening, knowingly or unknowingly they govt hit the top court's complex with new legislations

In a democracy daddy is Prime minister and Union Cabinet Judiciary have Rights only for examine that constitutional Procedures are Followed Or Not It has very Limited power In Compare to Executive It cannot Direct Union Govt.What if the union Govt Not followed yesterday's judgement .what would have SC done if govt not followed its judgement Nothing they have no Executive authority Neither on Police not on Armed Forces

In a democracy daddy is Prime minister and Union Cabinet Judiciary have Rights only for examine that constitutional Procedures are Followed Or Not It has very Limited power In Compare to Executive It cannot Direct Union Govt.What if the union Govt Not followed yesterday's judgement .what would have SC done if govt not followed its judgement Nothing they have no Executive authority Neither on Police not on Armed Forces

First off, this is not some banana republic that the govt. will not follow the orders. If they want a stay they will again have to go to the court.

I do not have the said knowledge wrt to the what recourse the Courts can take if the Govt. does not follow the orders.

First off, this is not some banana republic that the govt. will not follow the orders. If they want a stay they will again have to go to the court.

I do not have the said knowledge wrt to the what recourse the Courts can take if the Govt. does not follow the orders.
Its not About Banana republic its a Constitutional Power An Executive power which Union Govt enjoys unlike judiciary which only direct what is written in Constitution but do not have power to Execute it Like Executive authorities like President,PM,Union Cabinet .Judiciary come under direction of president which is supreme authority of India and head of all constitutional pillars Although all executive powers with few exceptions, all of the executive authority vested in the President are, in practice, exercised by the GOI. This Executive power is exercised by the PM with the help of the Council of minister.This how are Democracy Functions.

This is exactly why the names can't be and WON'T be released- only those individuals where is is evidence of actual wrongdoing by Indian authorities. The Finance Minister Jaitley said this himself. They are not planning to release all names on the list, only those who Indian authorities have reason to believe actual crimes have been committed.

Contrarian view- I think we will eventually find that 'Black Money' in swiss banks is nowhere close to the $500B figure people are pulling out of their @$$. It'll probably be a 10th of that. India has a high interest rate regime. Most of the black economy is probably domestic- money changing hands under the scanner to avoid taxation.

SIT already has this list and they are already investigating individuals from the list. This govt. got this list from SIT itself. SC asks Govt. for the list to pass on to SIT. Govt. itself got the list from SIT.

I hope SC is not trying to portray itself as a savior as a populist Judiciary is as bad as Bad government. By taking this case in her hand, SC has ensured that Modi will not be held accountable for the blackmoney. As retired Justice R.S. Sodhi commented : "This is a case of judicial over reaching. Judiciary has taken the noose from Govt's neck and put it on their own "

GoI has done a good job reminding SC of its limits viz-a-viz Delhi Government. SC can not direct President to dissolve an assembly before an year gets completed.

When SC reminds this government about the lapses in Ganga Cleaning and comments that Ganga may not get cleaned in this lifetime, can anyone ask the same SC how many lifetimes will it take to pass the Judgement on L.N.Mishra murder case..? Its been 47+ years since that high profile assassination happened.

Yes, this time SC has done something that I too fail to understand.

Nothing new if you would have gone through news recently formation of a majority bjp govt had pushed DLF's share down by another 10% because of fear of investigation. Markets in such case seem pretty much volatile.

Of course, but that's why these public naming should be done with responsibility too and only with proper reasons, not only because a person has a foreign account.

Isnt it what congress were also saying??

Yes and now doing and saying the same by the NDA is rather disappointing for any Indian that expected something to change. Just read, that the 8 names that were made public in fact were not even names investigated by the new government, but that the investigations started under the former government, so it's not even any new result that the see here. But the SC now seems to push harder and is actually the only side that wants to see hard results right?

congress was not even disclose one name

That's not correct, although I wasn't aware of that either. They submitted 18 names to the SC, which are ongoing cases. Former FM Chidambaram stated this in an NDTV interview and when I digged a bit in older news reports, it could be confirmed:

Jun 09 2011

Black money: 18 Indians on list

The list of Indians with accounts in LGT Bank, in European tax haven Liechtenstein, that is now with the government shows that 18 individuals collectively put away Rs 39.66 crore during 2002-04 in trusts with the bank.

These individuals include businessmen in Kolkata, Mumbai, New Delhi and Chennai and members of their families. Their total tax penalty has been estimated at Rs 24.27 crore and recoveries have already begun from 17 of the 18 named.

The list, accessed by The Indian Express, is now with the Enforcement Directorate. A copy has to be sent to the CBI as the Supreme Court has said that either the National Intelligence Agency or the CBI should go after sources of these deposits rather than just rely on the Income-Tax Department for unearthing alleged income concealment and tax evasion...

Black money: 18 Indians on list - Financial Express

I was also not aware that money was also got back:

October 20, 2011

Black money: Pranab Mukherjee says 9,900 Indian overseas accounts under probe

...The government's persistent black money chase has revealed a goldmine of information on tax evaders. The tax authorities have obtained 9,900 leads from foreign banks about suspicious overseas transactions involving Indian citizens. They are also looking at data on another 30,700 domestic transactions for suspected tax evasion and money laundering, Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee said on Wednesday.

The results are beginning to show as the government has been able to ferret out tens of thousands of crores of black money in the last two years after getting information from foreign entities, working on specific leads and conducting raids...

...Addressing the Economic Editors conference, Mukherjee said, "Due to our sustained efforts in the last two years, both domestically as well as internationally, we have been successful in creating an environment where a regular flow of banking information has started." The investigation wing of the income-tax department unearthed concealed income of Rs.3,014 crore in the last five months of the current fiscal. This was after the sleuths carried out focused searches on the basis of information from abroad. The total black money unearthed by this wing over the last two years stands at Rs.18,750 crore.

Meanwhile, the directorate of international taxation has collected Rs.33,784 crore as taxes from cross border transactions in the last two years.

Information on Indians who have overseas bank accounts has been received under the direct tax avoidance agreement (DTAA) with France. In 69 cases, the taxpayers admitted to unaccounted income of Rs.397.17 crore on which taxes of Rs.30 crore have now been recovered.

Black money: Pranab Mukherjee says 9,900 Indian overseas accounts under probe : India, News - India Today

Yes and now doing and saying the same by the NDA is rather disappointing for any Indian that expected something to change. Just read, that the 8 names that were made public in fact were not even names investigated by the new government, but that the investigations started under the former government, so it's not even any new result that the see here. But the SC now seems to push harder and is actually the only side that wants to see hard results right?

All of a sudden when NDA was doing it, members of this forum become wiser and came up with different reasons to defend the actions.. :haha:

All of a sudden when NDA was doing it, members of this forum become wiser and came up with different reasons to defend the actions.. :haha:

Well, in election times it understandable I guess, but it also shows us that political parties will say anything to be elected. So it is up to the voter to inform himself more and understand what is realistic and what is only stated for PR reasons.
Now after the elections and when the government is in power, these election promises and statements must be proven and if the politicians move away from them, we should be critical just as we should applaud kept promises, even if we didn't supported the ruling party earlier.

That's not correct, although I wasn't aware of that either. They submitted 18 names to the SC, which are ongoing cases. Former FM Chidambaram stated this in an NDTV interview and when I digged a bit in older news reports, it could be confirmed:
I mean public 3 names are officially disclosed buy govt .unlike 18 names which are never been public

I Guess Nda don't have baggage Like UPA's Biggest Scams in the history of this country.Congress not Even formed SIT after SC judgement of 2011 UPA Lost All its Moral Rights to question Any one on corruption and Black money

Last edited:
I mean public 3 names are officially disclosed buy govt .unlike 18 names which are never been public

That's not correct, since both governments did the same, they filed cases against these names at court and that made them public. That is the only way to make them public without breaching the treaties, that's why NDA can't simply announce them either, even if they wanted.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom