What's new

Support pours in against 'undemocratic' rules as students take to roads across country

• Lift the ban and hold elections for student unions
  • Abandon privatisation of educational institutes and reverse the recent decision of school and college fee hike
  • The state should pledge free education for all
  • No more budget cuts for the Higher Education Commission (HEC) or sacking of educational staff
  • At least five per cent of the GDP should be allocated for education
  • Abolish the semester system
  • Lift the ban on students from participating in political activities
  • End the intervention of security forces in educational institutions and release all students held captive in the name of national security
  • Establish committees to investigate incidents of sexual harassment and ensure women are made a part of the setup
  • All universities should have a library, hostel and provide transport and an internet connection
  • Modernise education systems according to the modern scientific requirements
  • Set up schools and colleges in lesser developed areas and increase the quota of students coming from outside main cities
  • Establish research centres for a transition from fossil fuel energy to renewable energy in public sector universities
  • Announce April 13 as a national holiday to honour Mashal Khan
Except for all points, i disagree with 7, 8 and last

No.7 - Student’s job is to study and become Doctors/Engineers/Professors/Entrepreneurs NOT INTERFERE IN POLITICS. Not their job. If they really want to, pass CSS, speak whatever you want to speak on politics.

No.8 - Stupid point coming definitely from Civil society sh*ts . Students are not FARISHTAS or special makhlooq among the whole population. Military/Civil forces and intelligence’s responsibility is to extract elements who are not healthy to society in any way. Could be a student, moulvi, writer, liberal, anyone.

Last - May Allah bless the soul of the deceased man. I certainly don’t go sympathizing to the extent of declaring a national day on his name when he is no hero or anything. Just another boy, killed in the name of lies OR his own deeds (definitely death isn't in any way a solution for any one who badmouths the Prophet SA/ islamic figures as one day Allah might even open their hearts). IF REALLY THEY WANT A NATIONAL DAY FOR A STUDENT HERO, ask that for the young 15 year old Shaheed Aitzaz Hasan, Who stopped a suicide BR from getting into his school thus becoming a TRUE HERO and SAVING LIVES AND THE SPIRIT OF EDUCATION.

As for Sexual harassment, it is a horrible issue really existing in educational institutions. Sometimes girls play women card to blame innocents while mostly, it’s the professors. HEC must focus on segregation as that will increase true education productivity and students won’t be able to WASTE time on opposite genders on phones

And that's the fault of student unions? That's the rotten culture you people have breeded in Pakistan with a failed security apparatus.
Neutral, unbiased, my ***. None of their demands are wrong, you tell me which one is wrong.

And of course you want to roll back to Zia's time, he had a fascist regime aimed at suppressing voice. It brought nothing but kalashnikov culture, afghans, drugs and a lawless society.
"Pakistani students' voice" means nothing but blackmail and badmashi. Just last year, an ethno-nationalist student organization caused such a fuss over a petty issue that QAU remained shut for almost a month and in addition, scores of students got injured. Allowing student unions is the loss of teachers and hard-working students who just want to study and get on with their lives.

Mashal was also lynched by ANP(marxist) student organization BTW.

You can try running a Western style government here; it will run just as well as a Mercedes benz would run in Cholistan jeep rally - That sprocket's cogs do not fit in the Pakistani chain.
People must be governed. Fact is that our people need a danda up their @rse to stay in line. That danda should be meant for everybody (boots, govt, judiciary and bureaucracy included).

Universities are more than just a place where you go and learn textbook content. It should be a place where you develop your thinking. These unions are necessary, specially if you want to see a social and political change in Pakistan for the better.

In regards to these fights, these marches are not supporting that, and these unions aren't the direct cause of that too. Tell me, at which group have you not witnessed petty fights like these? It's cause is a lawless society and a retarded culture.
Don’t forget that it STILL IS A LAWLESS and retarded society !!

"Pakistani students' voice" means nothing but blackmail and badmashi. Just last year, an ethno-nationalist student organization caused such a fuss over a petty issue that QAU remained shut for almost a month and in addition, scores of students got injured. Allowing student unions is the loss of teachers and hard-working students who just want to study and get on with their lives.

Mashal was also lynched by ANP(marxist) student organization BTW.

You can try running a Western style government here; it will run just as well as a Mercedes benz would run in Cholistan jeep rally - That sprocket's cogs do not fit in the Pakistani chain.
People must be governed. Fact is that our people need a danda up their @rse to stay in line. That danda should be meant for everybody (boots, govt, judiciary and bureaucracy included).
Couldn’t agree more..

But neo liberal elitist still blame Madressah kids and there was also mention of PTI in that.

just sayin
They don't blame Stalin for killing 20 million of his own country men either. They blame the bourgeoisie.

Student unions are successful in the areas where are ethnic tensions
These unions can't work in Punjab
Students join these unions just to make a lot of friends and most of the senior members I think are older than average students or are former students
All political parties have their student parties like MSF PSF ISF and all of these unions are inactive because no one takes interest

1) Punjab is not Pakistan. I have said this twice to you now.
2) Nobody takes interest in politics in Pakistan as politicians do not feel they are accountable to anyone in Pakistan.

They don't blame Stalin for killing 20 million of his own country men either. They blame the bourgeoisie.

these student protests have government support highlighted by ministers like Fuwwad and Shireen and other neo liberal fascists present across all political parties in equal distribution.

1) Punjab is not Pakistan. I have said this twice to you now.
2) Nobody takes interest in politics in Pakistan as politicians do not feel they are accountable to anyone in Pakistan.
Punjab is half of Pakistan
And fawad Shireen etc I think are supporting these unions in Punjab where they won't work

these student protests have government support highlighted by ministers like Fuwwad and Shireen and other neo liberal fascists present across all political parties in equal distribution.
Yes they have.

Punjab is half of Pakistan
And fawad Shireen etc I think are supporting these unions in Punjab where they won't work

Will or will not work is a different matter.

It is the moral support the government is giving them which is more concerning if anyone of you people here are serious about what they actually write here.

Otherwise sure brand them as terrorists, let the police manhandle them and we shall see how parents react when young kids get delivered to their homes back in wooden coffins.

Yes they have.

then why the fake outrage by fans of the government?

BTW now good luck on naming RSS as new Nazis:

PTI Fans actually believe Imran Khan = Pakistan.

So you are too late on the Nazi train.

Will or will not work is a different matter.

It is the moral support the government is giving them which is more concerning if anyone of you people here are serious about what they actually write here.

Otherwise sure brand them as terrorists, let the police manhandle them and we shall see how parents react when young kids get delivered to their homes back in wooden coffins.

then why the fake outrage by fans of the government?

PTI Fans actually believe Imran Khan = Pakistan.

So you are too late on the Nazi train.
And why are bilawal and farhatullah Babar protesting instead of lifting ban from student unions in Sindh
He should lift ban first other provincial governments will follow him
I don't think federal government can ban political activities inside provincial institutions both security and education are under provincial governments

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom