What's new

SUPARCO is sleeping! Can someone wake it up?

I asked you to share with us the list of all the patents filed under any xtz defence project in India but haven't got any response from you. I'll try again, this time with a much simpler query, what do you think is the purpose of a patent?

@ssethii
I have already posted a lot of patents in my other comments in various threads,i think you would have to take the pain of reading them,dont you think you should read them?If you want to dig more,kindly pay a visit to DRDO's site and look for their research publications-unlike pakistan,they make everything transparent! And just for the records what is your background in research?
Now just to give you a glimpse,here is a link of LRDE's patent on the design of T/R module-one of the fundamental building blocks of an AESA radar.This revolutionary design has 8 distinct T/R modules embedded on a single IC.

PS- LRDE is one of DRDO's labs working in the field of radars and has filed so many patents in recent years. They have designed a lot of AESA radars as well

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/EP1279046.pdf

Here is another link
https://patentscope.wipo.int/search/en/result.jsf

Last edited:
CUS_5.jpg

CUS combustor

CUS_5a.jpg

CUS_4.jpg
CUS_4a.jpg

Small Vernier engine combustor

@SOHEIL
Well,if you see,indian cryogenic efforts,you'll find that ISRO was already working on cryogenic engine way before 1990- although it was based on a gas generator cycle instead of staged combustion cycle with thrust of 120kN.The year was 1986-1987 when they were somewhere mid way in their design and the tests werent looking that promising. Then in 1990,ISRO thought of taking a soviet help,everything was agreed upon between indians and the soviets and USA threw spanner and everything had to be shelved. It is said that the earlier deal was for 2 engines+TOT,but thanks to MTCR,russia had to downgrade the deal to 6-7 engines with NO TOT! The russian engines ISRO got,were also not tried and tested,and thats the reason why couple of them failed as well. Notwithstanding all these setbacks,they designed their own version of a "staged combustion" cryogenic engine with slightly more thrust-known as CE-7.5 and it will continue to be used in GSLV mk-2s
The CE-20 with 200kN thrust is altogether a different design with gas generator cycle- this is the technology ISRO was originally working on in late 80s

This is not just limited to Pakistan but many countries in the West too

@dadeechi

I agree there might be some tech that do not get patented but if that were really true to a large extent,then dont you think patent footprint of companies like LM,boeing,BAE etc would shrink down and vanish? Just a bit curious,have you ever delved deeper into the patent works of these companies?

I don't know how official that is or whether it is on any website but the hierarchy is that. DG SPD is above all chairmans of SUPARCO, NESCOM etc.

Hi @JamD
I couldnt help but notice it,over here,ISRO falls under space commission that is directly under PM of India! ISRO has nothing to do with military now,however in itz initial phases(late-60s and 70s) things were a bit different!

I agree there might be some tech that do not get patented but if that were really true to a large extent,then dont you think patent footprint of companies like LM,boeing,BAE etc would shrink down and vanish? Just a bit curious,have you ever delved deeper into the patent works of these companies?

Yes. Patents do get filed but not for every invention.

So, ISRO (re)started their indigenous cryo stage and engine project in 1997. Since GSLV was already designed with Russian cryo stage and engine, ISRO decided to develop an identical stage and engine that can be a "drop-in" replacement in GSLV (otherwise, the whole of GSLV need to be redesigned if upper stage changes which would mean further delays and cost overruns).[1][3] This in-house engine is christened as CE 7.5 (a drop-in replacement for KVD-1) and indigenous ICS-12 (a drop-in replacement for Russian CS-12).
So, yes, CE 7.5 is quite a lot of simily to KVD-1 in terms of specifications. However, I'd say it's not a blatant copy ;)
Actually, a lot of iterative improvements were done on KVD-1 itself to reduce its weight, and increase payload capacity. [2] Similarly, a lot of improvements were done on ICS-12 and CE-7.5 to enhance thrust, payload capacity, and payload fairing diameter. Check for a comparison between KVD-1 and CE 7.5, there are quite a few differences ;)

SUPARCO has the following problems.

1. Its directly under SPD.
2. Its head is a serving military General with no experience in the field.
3. Space exploration and presence is not in Government priorities.
4. Planning Commission has a National Space Vision (NSV) 2040 Program approved by the PM Office, but progress on the program is way lagging due to lack of funds for the said endeavor.
5. Most SUPARCO engineers are disillusioned because of Government policies.
6. SUPARCO has been banned by most Governments for export of restricted dual-use technology.
7. Reluctance of engineers and technicians to visit Pakistan from Western and developed nations whose space programs we can benefit from.

ISRO until to date has spent in excess of US$4B for its space program that is headed by a qualified civilian. We are still playing hokey!

Recently i came across a news of Pakistans Finanace Minster meeting SUPARCO officials.. look at the picture.. looks like suparco is run by military generals rather than Scientists and Engineers.

View attachment 313842
Problem is polititions who won't let work anyone on their fields they intefear their work and they induct stupid people in high demanding posts

Example I challenge you and commissioner of any city don't even know the traffic rules

Just ask those stupids a basic question every guy who run city should know what are the road layouts they can't answer

This is a issue without any further knowledge and research they become commisioners

Not entirely correct. My batch-mate from IIM Calcutta, an IIT Madras engineer before that, and another IIM Ahmedabad bloke, a year senior, were both ISRO people I knew personally. I can't give you statistics, but ISRO was a prestigeous organisation and people our vintage used to join it.

Sorry but I don't think any one from IITs have joined ISRO in past two decades! I'm myself in IITM and no one joins isro. Most of them work for MNCs in Bangalore,Hyderabad or Chennai.or better take up CAT and get enrolled in IIMs only to mint more money

Well.. The area of research in Pakistan is relatively very low compare to other countries. As far as the space program is concerned Institute of Space and Technology Islamabad is the only University offering Bachelor in space science. How can an institution work if only 60 student graduate from only one University alone? Moreover if govt grants for Space program we can probably launch an Imagery satellite for reconnaissance and surveillance system. Thousands of life can be saved and terrorist hideout can be located.

It is such dismal situation that SUPARCO which was set up well before ISRO .. is lost like all other good things happened to Pakistan viz., BECO, Pakistan Steel Mills and PIA etc..

While India launches twenty satellites in one go and China also sends its rocket in space ... what we see in newspapers are tender notices from SUPARCO to buy tables, chairs, and multi-meters..

In the current fiscal years not a signle penny has been allocated for space program!.. Weren't we supposed to lead in the region in space program..

Dr. Abdus Slalam was founding father of Pakistan Atomic and Space program.. and because of his efforts Neil Armstrong and the whole Appolo team visited Pakistan.. but Alas we left him to die declaring him Non Muslims.. Anyways, Right now is there anything we can do to wake incompetent Parliament to focus on this area also?

Incompetent Noon League is busy in giving fake advertisements and planning (reinventing the wheel) those projects which have been planned in Beijing for Pakistan..

what an utter shame.. no university in top 100 and we are at the bottom of innovation..

Wake up Suparco Wake up! In my opinion the taking over of SUPARCO by military has also played arole in ruining it! Wake up Suparco .. reclaim your lost ground!

suparco-office.jpg
I have a theory. Since you are acquainted with actual people on ground, you may be able to tell whether I am right or wrong.

I think some country’s intelligence agencies are doing this with the populace of Pakistan and Kashmir.

Searching, identifying and then literally killing the brightest (most intelligent) of the populace and sparing the rest.

That means filter out the best genes and leave out the lesser ones.

If you keep doing this for decades, the chances of the victim country producing scientists will certainly reduce and it sabotages the economy.

Has this really happened? Did any intelligence agency really do this?

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/why-pak-cannot-launch-their-own-sattelite.432131/page-5#ixzz4ClxGPwzv

There is a place and time for everything. I think its too late for suparco to catch up with the leading powers in this sphere.

There is a place and time for everything. I think its too late for suparco to catch up with the leading powers in this sphere.

No it's not late !

We can help each other to fill the gap !

We have a promising program in Iran & we need a partner to make things a little faster !

2015_5.jpg

2015_8.jpg

85 tons little monster :unsure:

OP mentioned some military take over of SUPARCO, what is that? When did this happen?
If it is clear to OP that the disaster has happened due to military take over why not called a spade a spade?

Back
Top Bottom