What's new

SUPARCO is sleeping! Can someone wake it up?

With this Constitution and these short sighted iletrate people never think

SUPARCO should be closed until it do its required work at least what is a logic buying chairs and tables

There's nothing wrong with technical cooperation ! As we have with NK ...

I don't mean anything bad :unsure:

French origin of PSLV's 2nd stage is an example :D

@amardeep mishra

no bro i dont mind if we can make them at home,spares are available... And we learn the tech..

French origin of PSLV's 2nd stage is an example

@SOHEIL

vikas is based off viking engine.However the current vikas engine that we use now are heavily modified from the original viking. FOR instance GSLV MK3 uses vikas in "clustered" configuration as an interim measure till semi cryogenic engine replaces it from main stage. I'm a control engineer pursuing my research in aerospace and have attended a lot of seminars. ISRO will actually replace the vikas engines very soon

The another main reason why we are lagging behind in this sector is because there are only few universities offering courses in this field
One to be exact. Institute of Space Technology.

Further sad news is that SPD is planning to dissolve it's charter for some weird reason we are unaware of and fighting against.

Its about time SUPARCO is handed over to SPD.
It is under SPD already.

SUparco is another haram khor orgnization like pia railway and pakistan steel

It is such dismal situation that SUPARCO which was set up well before ISRO .. is lost like all other good things happened to Pakistan viz., BECO, Pakistan Steel Mills and PIA etc..

While India launches twenty satellites in one go and China also sends its rocket in space ... what we see in newspapers are tender notices from SUPARCO to buy tables, chairs, and multi-meters..

In the current fiscal years not a signle penny has been allocated for space program!.. Weren't we supposed to lead in the region in space program..

Dr. Abdus Slalam was founding father of Pakistan Atomic and Space program.. and because of his efforts Neil Armstrong and the whole Appolo team visited Pakistan.. but Alas we left him to die declaring him Non Muslims.. Anyways, Right now is there anything we can do to wake incompetent Parliament to focus on this area also?

Incompetent Noon League is busy in giving fake advertisements and planning (reinventing the wheel) those projects which have been planned in Beijing for Pakistan..

what an utter shame.. no university in top 100 and we are at the bottom of innovation..

Wake up Suparco Wake up! In my opinion the taking over of SUPARCO by military has also played arole in ruining it! Wake up Suparco .. reclaim your lost ground!

Why do you want to compare everything with India? Pakistan has its core importance in someplace. For a huge country like India Space was necessity for communication with remote regions, and co-ordinate agencies on a large landmass. So is China, Russia, USA and Japan.

I mean, even if you design a launch vehicle, Pakistan as a country cannot have economics to scale manufacturing to reduce costs. If u launch one or 2 satellites an year it will still end up very costly than to send an satellite through ISRO or through China.

Regarding National Pride it does give you. Whether its worth , that's for Pakistani leadership to decide

About the picture !

SHAHEEN-III is convertible to a capable SLV ( 200-300 kg to polar orbit )

@SOHEIL ,@PaklovesTurkiye
Kindly read my comments here to know more about velocity and angle requirements at the time of burn out. To place anything meaningful in orbit we'd need much higher velocity of the order of 7-8kmps at the time of burnout.
And to achieve that kind of velocity with let's say a payload of 2tonnes,Pakistan would need a pretty solid rocket
https://defence.pk/threads/shaheen-iii-actual-range-5000-km.434150/page-5#post-8368755

Hi dear @SOHEIL
I do not understand what do you imply by the picture but I am sure you are really not that naive to think the shaheen was designed in pakistan. Till date,there is no available technical discussion,research paper or patents on shaheen missile systems that casts serious doubts as to who holds various IPRs in the case of shaheen.The lesser said the better!
Hi,
You seem to raise this point a lot. Yes there are no papers or patents but that does not immediately mean these organizations employing thousands of engineers just sit around all day. The culture is different and there is no desire to "publish" research as these are primarily defence organizations not research organizations. They want to keep you guessing.

That being said, I don't claim everything is 100% indigenous. But then does it have to be? These organizations take what they can, reproduce, modify. If there is something that can not be procured cost effectively or the supply is unreliable then pakistan will make it on its own as well.

It is one thing to lament the absence of research papers but a completely different one to make sweeping statements that imply "no research paper = no capability".

Pakistan economy is healing and money is not the problem, its just that our government isnt really interested. They are wasting money on useless things. They should have setup some good institutions for this field. Usually in pakistan people are more inclined towards software, electrical & mechanical engineering. Space isnt really the priority to people either.

Well ,you are wrong .
This is not about mastering in a specific subject .But more about innovating in certain fields .
ISRO current and earlier gen most of them from South Indian Govt colleges .Not IIT's
If I am not wrong ,former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair was from CET ,Trivandrum , and Radhakrishnan was from Govt Engineering college Thrissur .And their trade was Electronics and Electrical Eng repectively.

It is such dismal situation that SUPARCO which was set up well before ISRO .. is lost like all other good things happened to Pakistan viz., BECO, Pakistan Steel Mills and PIA etc..

While India launches twenty satellites in one go and China also sends its rocket in space ... what we see in newspapers are tender notices from SUPARCO to buy tables, chairs, and multi-meters..

In the current fiscal years not a signle penny has been allocated for space program!.. Weren't we supposed to lead in the region in space program..

Dr. Abdus Slalam was founding father of Pakistan Atomic and Space program.. and because of his efforts Neil Armstrong and the whole Appolo team visited Pakistan.. but Alas we left him to die declaring him Non Muslims.. Anyways, Right now is there anything we can do to wake incompetent Parliament to focus on this area also?

Incompetent Noon League is busy in giving fake advertisements and planning (reinventing the wheel) those projects which have been planned in Beijing for Pakistan..

what an utter shame.. no university in top 100 and we are at the bottom of innovation..

Wake up Suparco Wake up! In my opinion the taking over of SUPARCO by military has also played arole in ruining it! Wake up Suparco .. reclaim your lost ground!
The problems of suparco are those of most sarkari idaras. Over staffing, no urgency to do anything, little incentive for employees to do well because you can't be fired easily, under qualified faujis being bosses of over qualified civilians.

Suparco is actually gone so downhill that SPD has taken away various projects/funding away from it because of lackluster performance.

It is one thing to lament the absence of research papers but a completely different one to make sweeping statements that imply "no research paper = no capability".

Hi dear @JamD
I am sure the university you're in right now like the rest of the world believes in published literature. You see, I'm not averse to the idea of Pakistani designed shaheen, however with the kind of shady background and striking similarity of various Chinese solid rockets with earlier generations of shaheen do not really play in its favor. There is a "reason" why Pakistan "hides" or keeps even trivial things behind the veil of secrecy.
FOR God sake, do you really believe a country can design delivery systems with really shady track record of indigenous research and industrial base that is still at infancy?

Well ,you are wrong .
This is not about mastering in a specific subject .But more about innovating in certain fields .
ISRO current and earlier gen most of them from South Indian Govt colleges .Not IIT's
If I am not wrong ,former ISRO Chairman G Madhavan Nair was from CET ,Trivandrum , and Radhakrishnan was from Govt Engineering college Thrissur .And their trade was Electronics and Electrical Eng repectively.

There is hardly anyone from IITs who work for ISRO.most of them are either working for foreign MNCs, research giants in Bangalore,Hyderabad or Chennai

Last edited:
Hi dear @JamD
I sure the university you're in right now like the rest of the world believes in published literature. You see, I'm not averse to the idea of Pakistani designed shaheen, however with the kind of shady background and striking similarity of various Chinese solid rockets with earlier generations of shaheen do not really play in its favor. There is a "reason" why Pakistan "hides" or keeps even trivial things behind the veil of secrecy
I've seen you debate this over with many members. You haven't changed your mind about it and I don't think you will because of me.

The point you keep missing is that these are NOT RESEARCH ORGANIZATIONS or universities. They have absolutely no incentive to publish anything. Remember, I'm not saying everything is 100% indigenous but it's not 100% copy either. Things are reproduced, modified, improved upon.

Research papers are a rather tunnel visioned metric of measuring an organizations efficacy don't you think?

Hi dear @JamD
I am sure the university you're in right now like the rest of the world believes in published literature. You see, I'm not averse to the idea of Pakistani designed shaheen, however with the kind of shady background and striking similarity of various Chinese solid rockets with earlier generations of shaheen do not really play in its favor. There is a "reason" why Pakistan "hides" or keeps even trivial things behind the veil of secrecy.

FOR God sake, do you really believe a country can design delivery systems with really shady track record of indigenous research and industrial base that is still at infancy?

@Oscar As per the gentlemen, What you did in the industry was copy pasting Chinese designs.

Money makes the mare go...SUPARCO cannot do anything if the govt fails to provide it sufficient funds for R&D

people are talking about launch capability here..

In fact, I agree with the satellite building approach.

Anything to do with launch capability in Pakistan's vitiated scientific research atmosphere will irresistibly transmute into an exploration of weapon building. It is far better to concentrate the attention of students on satellite building, with far greater content of scientific research.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom