What's new

Sunni vs. Shia: The Syrian conflict

If Russia/China and America the UN the whole world agreed and insisted he would have no choice imo

I mean why did west not bomb Spain and Franco he was in power for 40 plus years to give Spanish free elections??

Does that justify Assad's act or legitimize his rule, do you remember the Nikolai chausescu of Romania ? mate, Al-Assad is destined to same fate...

If Russia/China and America the UN the whole world agreed and insisted he would have no choice imo

I mean why did west not bomb Spain and Franco he was in power for 40 plus years to give Spanish free elections??

Does that justify Assad's act or legitimize his rule, do you remember the Nikolai chausescu of Romania ? mate, Al-Assad is destined to same fate...

Aryan, understand that Syrian Sunni are bing killed on sectarian basis. Iran and Hizbullah are fully involved. Plz understand this. I am 100% sure of this.

Bro if that is the case we should all push for intervention by UN not western vested interest.

Assad has support from The syrian Shias , christians and druze however the majority sunnis are against him which is 74 % of the countries population . Eventually he will have to go , you can't put down the majority in a country forever .Plus the West is also after him.

But i do think Assad rule would keep the jihadis under control , whereas victory of the other side may lead to some major jihadi problem in and from Syria. That is why i was in the favour of Saddam going but not Assad .

But I believe that if it was as bad as some are saying on here the security services can not save him. I believe that Syrians if there is such support like the Romanians do not need external assistance

I also think that the UN needs to evolve a strategy for these situations that all countries can agree on. Acting together will avoid what has happened in the past

But I believe that if it was as bad as some are saying on here the security services can not save him. I believe that Syrians if there is such support like the Romanians do not need external assistance

I also think that the UN needs to evolve a strategy for these situations that all countries can agree on. Acting together will avoid what has happened in the past

Romania was not religiously divided country and you must know it is almost 100% Christian although he was a communist prodigy yet the country remained Christian. In case of Syria Assad is backed by his Nuseyri clan and supported by other minorities like Assyrian Christians & Druze so it turned out to sectarian conflict. Nowhere in the world a majority community wants to be ruled by minority until it is been ruled by iron fist and Al-Assad’s (father-Son) are well in that.

In iraq a dictator was ruling and he was sunni the majority was shia still we supported right of people and refuse to support dictatorship so why not in syria where a cruel dictator is killing innocent people and iranians openly supporting masacres
Syria should be free for these coward rulers

We are Muslims. I don't know when this Shia Sunni conflict will end. By faith we are all Muslims. It looks that some one is using the leadership of both sides for their own benefits. I can only pray that Allah should join the hearts of the Muslims. If any Sunni or Shia dies it means a death of Muslim. Why Muslims are fighting with each other ........................... ?

While Sunnis say n beleive that there would be no prophet after Muhammed, but Shias are waiting for Mahdi, thats the crucial difference...Hence the tug of war between the two sects, and why Iran wants nukes to neuterlize Sunni influence.

Remember the gun fighting in Mecca?

The Grand Mosque Seizure on November 20, 1979, was an armed attack and takeover by Islamist dissidents of the Al-Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, the holiest place in Islam. The insurgents declared that the Mahdi, or redeemer of Islam, had arrived in the form of one of the insurgent leaders, Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani, and called on Muslims to obey him.

Romania was not religiously divided country and you must know it is almost 100% Christian although he was a communist prodigy yet the country remained Christian. In case of Syria Assad is backed by his Nuseyri clan and supported by other minorities like Assyrian Christians & Druze so it turned out to sectarian conflict. Nowhere in the world a majority community wants to be ruled by minority until it is been ruled by iron fist and Al-Assad’s (father-Son) are well in that.

You mean like Bahrain??

While Sunnis say n beleive that there would be no prophet after Muhammed, but Shias are waiting for Mahdi, thats the crucial difference...Hence the tug of war between the two sects, and why Iran wants nukes to neuterlize Sunni influence.

Remember the gun fighting in Mecca?

The Grand Mosque Seizure on November 20, 1979, was an armed attack and takeover by Islamist dissidents of the Al-Masjid al-Haram in Mecca, Saudi Arabia, the holiest place in Islam. The insurgents declared that the Mahdi, or redeemer of Islam, had arrived in the form of one of the insurgent leaders, Mohammed Abdullah al-Qahtani, and called on Muslims to obey him.

They both believe in the finality of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) the Shia's follow the doctrine of Imamate & the biggest sect in Shias the 12wers believe that their last Imam who did not die but went in to occultation some 800 years ago will come back as Mehndi and lead the world. Unlike Sunnis who do not believe in the doctrine of Imamate. There are some other differences too but that will deviate the discussion

Have not they learn the lesson after drone attacks and Abottabad? Nothing is i their hand here.

They both believe in the finality of Prophet Mohamed (PBUH) the Shia's follow the doctrine of Imamate & the biggest sect in Shias the 12wers believe that their last Imam who did not die but went in to occultation some 800 years ago will come back as Mehndi and lead the world. Unlike Sunnis who do not believe in the doctrine of Imamate. There are some other differences too but that will deviate the discussion

See the contradiction in your own post?
Well thats the tug of war between these two sects of Islam.

Back
Top Bottom