What's new

Sunni Insurgents Step Up Attacks in Iran

By having connections to Pakistani intelligence does not necessarily mean that the ISI or Pakistani army as institutions are supporting anti-Iran terrorist groups as their policy, it just means that Pakistani agents have had contacts with these groups in the past but have not taken any action against them so long as they did not pose any threat to Pakistan. They have left them alone to carry out cross-border attacks and crime, which Iran obviously holds the Pakistan government responsible for only insofar as these terrorists and criminals are operating from bases and safe havens in your country.

Sorry for being off topic but are you a Pakistani as @farhan_9909 is saying?

The best option for Iran is to stop persecuting Sunnis in Sistan and include them into the national fold. Has anyone ever wondered why no such insurgency of this magnitude had taken place when Iran was not rule by discriminatory beard bearers?

Jaish-al-Adl are Iranians and operate on Iranian side of the border. Iran is building a fence which should solve this issue. Lastly Iran has funded terrorism in Pakistan as well, the Jaish-e-Mohammed is an Iranian proxy though smashed to pieces right now. We will cooperate with Iran on matters of counterinsurgency only if it stops making silly statements about invading Pakistani territory because that will result in an embarrassment for Tehran.
Jaish e Muhammad SAW or Sipah e Muhammad SAW :D

They have left them alone to carry out cross-border attacks and crime, which Iran obviously holds the Pakistan government responsible for only insofar as these terrorists and criminals are operating from bases and safe havens in your country.
reason why I beg to disagree is that the same groups are also equally harming Pakistan.
Jundullah for example is at war with the state of Pakistan and also Iran
the elements within ethnic Baloch terrorist groups use ethnicity card while blowing up infrastructure and killing civilains and soldiers. and they use the Sectarian + ethnic card while they operate inside Iran.

those that are operating against Iran ONLY (as you claim) are part of the group which is being funded , supported and propogated for the "greater Balochistan"
No greater Balochistan doesnt just consist of Iranian Baloch area but also Pakistan and Afghanistan.

SO... my dear.. we are not looking away... we just cant. whenever we are operating against them then their supporters start whining about human atrocities. American senators backed by Indian lobby are even openly talking about breaking up Balochistan and making it Independent its the same group that sings Bomb Bomb Iran... what do you think they have in mind about Iranian Baloch areas? instead of suspecting Pakistan do give some attention to Indian support of Baloch samachar...do you think these terrorists will show any respect to Pak Iran border?

the Afghan plan has failed and didnt work out for some powers. . so the Pak Iran tensions are being flared up... look beyond the smoke screen :)

it is against out national interest that our land is used against Iran because it directly affects us in the shape of stronger sectarian and ethnic terrorists. if there are individuals involved in civilian , intelligence setup then they won't last long and will be exposed and punished.

we want to keep this border tension free but there are countries that would like it to be active as well to further their greater Baluchistan agenda.

just watch out .. some countries have their own personal grudges against Pakistan and they would like to see Pak Iran hostilities.

These leeches are weakening Pakistan too. When we were not in the current crisis situation there was no jaish al adl. Now in our time of crisis these bastards are taking advantage but as soon as we regain control of the situation these groups will evaporate. And no, they don't have connections with intelligence agencies, some corrupt local leaders(same people supporting baloch insurgency in Pakistan) may be but not the intelligence agency.
they have faded away once again after FC went after them and dismantled their terror cells around Balochsitan. now Indians are crying over their lost work on these proxies.
you are right . due to Afghan issue, terror groups in Sindh and Baluchistan also popped up to take advantage of the chaos but they died a premature death due to lack of support from the locals and effective counters by the government. TTP has been a bigger issue because of the scale of the problem and blatant support by former Afghan regime and Northern Alliance together with its Indian partners. they have signed their extinction by killing children in peshawar .. we have a green light to go after them even in Afghanistan.. I will really enjoy to see some "cultural centres" getting hit that are doubling as Baloch Samachar terror training centers

reason why I beg to disagree is that the same groups are also equally harming Pakistan.
Jundullah for example is at war with the state of Pakistan and also Iran
the elements within ethnic Baloch terrorist groups use ethnicity card while blowing up infrastructure and killing civilains and soldiers. and they use the Sectarian + ethnic card while they operate inside Iran.

those that are operating against Iran ONLY (as you claim) are part of the group which is being funded , supported and propogated for the "greater Balochistan"
No greater Balochistan doesnt just consist of Iranian Baloch area but also Pakistan and Afghanistan.

SO... my dear.. we are not looking away... we just cant. whenever we are operating against them then their supporters start whining about human atrocities. American senators backed by Indian lobby are even openly talking about breaking up Balochistan and making it Independent its the same group that sings Bomb Bomb Iran... what do you think they have in mind about Iranian Baloch areas? instead of suspecting Pakistan do give some attention to Indian support of Baloch samachar...do you think these terrorists will show any respect to Pak Iran border?

the Afghan plan has failed and didnt work out for some powers. . so the Pak Iran tensions are being flared up... look beyond the smoke screen :)

it is against out national interest that our land is used against Iran because it directly affects us in the shape of stronger sectarian and ethnic terrorists. if there are individuals involved in civilian , intelligence setup then they won't last long and will be exposed and punished.

we want to keep this border tension free but there are countries that would like it to be active as well to further their greater Baluchistan agenda.

just watch out .. some countries have their own personal grudges against Pakistan and they would like to see Pak Iran hostilities.
I also have to disagree with you on many points.

The Jondallah of Abdolmalek Rigi was different to the Pakistani groups with the same name. The Jondallah of Abdolmalek Rigi never attacked any targets inside Pakistan. Likewise, the Balouch rebellion in Pakistan is not connected to the anti-Iran jihadis and they have not attacked Iran.

The Pakistani Balouch rebellion is against jihadis and is ideologically close to the PKK of Turkish Kurds in the sense that they are both leftist guerrilla movements, whereas Jondallah and Jeash al-Adl are Sunni sectarian jihadists like the Pakistani Lashkar e Jhangvi and Sepah e Sahaba. Jondallah was connected to Pakistani sectarians and the Taliban, not to leftist Balouch rebels like the BLA and BLF. Jeash al-Adl has probably inherited the same connections in Pakistan that its predecessor Jondallah had cultivated while it was active from 2002-2010.

Indian and Afghan agents may have kept contacts with leftist Balouch rebels in Pakistan, but not to the anti-Iran Balouch sectarians, who are also fighting with the Taliban against the Afghan government under the name of Junood al-Fida (a Balouch faction of the Taliban which operates from the same area of Pakistani Balochestan that anti-Iran groups are based).

Iran and Afghanistan both face the same enemies that are sheltering in Pakistani Balochestan, and it makes no sense that India would support the enemies of Afghanistan and Iran when they are trying to bring Afghanistan and Iran closer together into an economic partnership with India.

However you are right that there are foreign powers that would be interested to see an independent Balocuhestan or see clashes between Iranian and Pakistani forces. But in terms of the latter, these foreign forces are your very own allies, ie Saudi Arabia.

Whatever disagreements we have though in our assessments of the situation, we can both agree that it is a conflict that neither country needs or wants but probably wont be solved any time soon.

I also have to disagree with you on many points.

The Jondallah of Abdolmalek Rigi was different to the Pakistani groups with the same name. The Jondallah of Abdolmalek Rigi never attacked any targets inside Pakistan. Likewise, the Balouch rebellion in Pakistan is not connected to the anti-Iran jihadis and they have not attacked Iran.

The Pakistani Balouch rebellion is against jihadis and is ideologically close to the PKK of Turkish Kurds in the sense that they are both leftist guerrilla movements, whereas Jondallah and Jeash al-Adl are Sunni sectarian jihadists like the Pakistani Lashkar e Jhangvi and Sepah e Sahaba. Jondallah was connected to Pakistani sectarians and the Taliban, not to leftist Balouch rebels like the BLA and BLF. Jeash al-Adl has probably inherited the same connections in Pakistan that its predecessor Jondallah had cultivated while it was active from 2002-2010.

Indian and Afghan agents may have kept contacts with leftist Balouch rebels in Pakistan, but not to the anti-Iran Balouch sectarians, who are also fighting with the Taliban against the Afghan government under the name of Junood al-Fida (a Balouch faction of the Taliban which operates from the same area of Pakistani Balochestan that anti-Iran groups are based).

Iran and Afghanistan both face the same enemies that are sheltering in Pakistani Balochestan, and it makes no sense that India would support the enemies of Afghanistan and Iran when they are trying to bring Afghanistan and Iran closer together into an economic partnership with India.

However you are right that there are foreign powers that would be interested to see an independent Balocuhestan or see clashes between Iranian and Pakistani forces. But in terms of the latter, these foreign forces are your very own allies, ie Saudi Arabia.

Whatever disagreements we have though in our assessments of the situation, we can both agree that it is a conflict that neither country needs or wants but probably wont be solved any time soon.
respect your comments and I am glad that we have gone past the accusations and rhetoric
I agree we face similar kind of threat to our existence. also its good to see that you do acknowledge that Afghanistan is a launching pad to send off the sectarian and ethnic terrorists against Pakistan.

we say Pakistani authorities are looking the other way if some terrorists are only operating inside Iran and that the BLA , BRA has nothing to do with sectarian side of terrorism but it seems they are very much at ease with what is happening to shia community in Balochistan. it puts doubts at their secular credentials I still believe their food source is the same and their so will be their goals eventually which is to make a new country in the map. so far worked out in Iraq and Syria so why not here.

I have NO way of knowing if the sectarian/ ethnic terrorist elements conducting terrorist atrocities in Afghanistan have NEVER ever done the same in Pakistan as claimed by you but all I can say in support of my belief is... their source is the same e.e West and Arab regimes.

but I wont press on it since I dont have any data to backup on it.

I think we both share the responsibility of denying the terrorists to use our territory to conduct operations on other side.
in case. you say, it doesnt make sense for India to threaten its relations with Iran by supporting the BLA terrorists that might also conduct operations against Iran in addition to Pakistan but then again its same India that backed out of of the pipeline project due to American pressure and was rewarded with nuclear deal.

@Irfan Baloch

Believing what's the status of the Iran pakistan pipeline right now - don't you think it was a right move on India's part to back out?

I mean, we would have looked liked fools - juse like the Iranians are right now, by pursuing this pipeline project which the Iranian have invested heavily into. We would be hanging on Pakistan with respect to any investments if we had made.

We were smart enough while the Iranian learnt the lesson the hard way.

As for the Baloch rebels and nationalists they seem to be in a genuine struggle to get greater autonomy and a control over their resources and their land if not complete freedom.

@Irfan Baloch

As for the Baloch rebels and nationalists they seem to be in a genuine struggle to get greater autonomy and a control over their resources and their land if not complete freedom.
can say the same about few insurgencies in your country but that wont help would it?

anyway talking about some of my Baloch Chieftains and their demands. its as much genuine as much as their chieftains can mug others to pay them. its been going on for centuries and will continue until they keep their stranglehold on their people.
dont let any schools, hospitals or universities build disrupt access and discourage their people from getting to know the rest of the world.. continue to get bonded labor from them in dangerous mines that can collapse along with the miners .. to be replaced by their relatives,.

Not convinced? if you ever get to speak to the Indian "diplomats" who had to look after these chieftains and their extended family in Herat and Kabul would tell you how much genuine they are

the pipe line is dead .and it is NOT coming back . good bye

with out India or China connected to this pipe line the project of pipe line has no economic meaning and it will be total west of time and money

.Pakistan with its debt and it 's economy can not pay for Iran gas and can't afford the international price of gas .so the pipe line has no economic interest for Iran and the pipe line has no economic justification .

the pipe line is dead for good .thank god at last

the pipe line is dead .and it is NOT coming back . good bye

with out India or China connected to this pipe line the project of pipe line has no economic meaning and it will be total west of time and money

.Pakistan with its debt and it 's economy can not pay for Iran gas and can't afford the international price of gas .so the pipe line has no economic interest for Iran and the pipe line has no economic justification .

the pipe line is dead for good .thank god at last

If pakistan had gone ahead with the pipeline then maybe China or India would have linked up with it too.

can say the same about few insurgencies in your country but that wont help would it?

anyway talking about some of my Baloch Chieftains and their demands. its as much genuine as much as their chieftains can mug others to pay them. its been going on for centuries and will continue until they keep their stranglehold on their people.
dont let any schools, hospitals or universities build disrupt access and discourage their people from getting to know the rest of the world.. continue to get bonded labor from them in dangerous mines that can collapse along with the miners .. to be replaced by their relatives,.

Not convinced? if you ever get to speak to the Indian "diplomats" who had to look after these chieftains and their extended family in Herat and Kabul would tell you how much genuine they are

Is that the only reason why Balochistsn is a desolate desert with poverty and all social ill wills rampant?. Even the Gwadar project is being protested by the locals.

with all due respect to all forumers and to all Iranians in specific , i have a few words to say so bear with me :
1- why u iranians dont stop funding the "terrorist" groups like jama3et AL HOUTHI in yemen and hizb llat in lebanon and liwa2 abufadl al abbas in iraq and syria and the movements in bahrain and kuwait ?
2- why dont u better treat ur SUNNI citizens in iran ?
3- why u are sending afghan troops and militias to syria plus pakis and azeris and major iranian officials in RG ?
4- why u keep interfering in other countries affairs ?
and many many questions ... and most important why u hate sunnis ?

with all due respect to all forumers and to all Iranians in specific , i have a few words to say so bear with me :
1- why u iranians dont stop funding the "terrorist" groups like jama3et AL HOUTHI in yemen and hizb llat in lebanon and liwa2 abufadl al abbas in iraq and syria and the movements in bahrain and kuwait ?
2- why dont u better treat ur SUNNI citizens in iran ?
3- why u are sending afghan troops and militias to syria plus pakis and azeris and major iranian officials in RG ?
4- why u keep interfering in other countries affairs ?
and many many questions ... and most important why u hate sunnis ?
Well its fun.
By the way we have nothing to do with houthies and the one who sent afghan militia to Syria are the ones who sent them to alqaeda .

Now a question for you . Why you make so much accusation without showing any proof ?

Is that the only reason why Balochistsn is a desolate desert with poverty and all social ill wills rampant?. Even the Gwadar project is being protested by the locals.
Maybe yes (to most extent)
Maybe Not (ruling Sardars suppress their opponents)

refer to your Adiwasi issue / Naxalites in the middle of India. sometimes its to do with more autonomy, more rights, or just downright thuggery.

it is just in fashion to express your opinion on such issues, much like wearing arm bands without even knowing the causes (much like wearing the Che Shirt or Malcolm X poster).

in Pakistan we got some Punjabi journalists and writers who mourn over the plight of the Baloch from their plush offices without even bothering to know how their fellow Punjabis are living few miles off from the main roads. where they suffer the same if not the worse amount of injustice at the hands of the powerful.

yes there are genuine grievances but I wonder how does it help with the cause by attacking military and medical relief work during floods and earth quakes. attacking polio teams? mowing down labourers through drive by shooting (just like Al Qaeda used to do in Iraq by attacking people who turned up to work on infrastructure).

my issue is, that the people who are leading the violent confrontation in Balochstian are themselves the biggest usurpers and antagonists of their own sub-tribes. e.g. Kulper Bughtis the biggest sub tribe of Bughtis was saved by Musharraf from the Akbar Bughti's warriors. we need better representatives who have not killed doctors and professors, have not blown up pylons or pipelines and actually did something practical for their own people instead of hosting their Arab guests and hunting extinct species and selling children for camel races

Last edited:
Yeaaah right!

Iranian Mullahs have been crushing Sunnis in Sistan for a long long long long time.

this is internal Iranian $hit. And they should deal with it.

No need to call up ISIS or Sunni militants. That's just a word play on the sad situation in Iraq and Syria.
At least there are no "mass murders" of Sunni's in Iran nor they are bombed & targeted on daily bases as Shia's are being in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom