What's new

Sukhoi to set up India maintenance facility for Su-30MKI

Agent_47

Reaction score
Country
India
Senior Irkut official tells defense website that the reports on maintenance problems for the aircrafts were aimed at discrediting the program.

TASS_1449165_468.jpg

A facility to repair and maintain Su-30MKI aircrafts will be set up in India, Vitaly Borodich, senior vice-president, Irkut Corp told the Defense World website. “The immediate task before us and HAL (Hindustan Aeronautics Ltd)is the setting up of an overhaul facility for Su-30MKIs in India,” Borodich told the website. “Necessary documentation and equipment has been shipped to HAL by now. According to plans of the IAF, a certain number of aircraft have to be overhauled during this year which I believe HAL will make this happen and we are there to support its efforts.”

Borodich told the website that it was challenging to master operational serviceability of the aircraft with the number of bases where the Su-30MKIs are deployed are increasing. “As of today, Indian and Russian experts are focused meeting this challenge in the shortest possible time,” he said. The IAF has stationed the fighter aircrafts in places as diverse as the northern state of Punjab and the southern state of Tamil Nadu.

“At the moment, together with the IAF, HAL and Indian industries, we are implementing a set of measures aimed at improvement, additional flexibility and optimization of the whole system of technical maintenance and overhaul, supplying the necessary equipment to an increasing number of combat units,” the Irkut Corp official told the website.

When asked a direct question on India media reports that claimed that there were maintenance problems with the aircraft Borodich said the reports were based on leaked conversations and selectively made public by the media. “We suspect that it may be part of an operation aimed at discrediting the Su-30MKI program,” he told the website. “I’d better leave it to your readers’ speculations on who gains by this negative projection.”

Borodich said there is a deep modernization program of the Su-30MKI program, which would retain the aircraft’s efficiency and superiority for many decades. “The proposed modernization includes avionics and armaments,” he told the website. “Technologies for ‘deep modernization’ are really available and may be implemented within a short period of time.” Borodich added that Irkut was considering the use of the BrahMos missile by the Su-30MKI.

Sukhoi to set up India maintenance facility for Su-30MKI | Russia & India Report

All hail the hacked (and subsequently leaked) report!

It's no secret that Sukhois are notoriously difficult to maintain, so any help India gets is good news for the IAF.

It's no secret that Sukhois are notoriously difficult to maintain, so any help India gets is good news for the IAF.

India is building almost all of the components of Su 30 MKI from raw material stage ..... Most of the sukhois that are being inducted into IAF are built from raw materials in India.

Russians are supervising some critical stages but overall HAL is capable of doing maintenance of Su 30 MKI well and good.

During Red flag exercises Indians have done well to maintain the operational capabilities of Su 30 MKI.

India is building almost all of the components of Su 30 MKI from raw material stage ..... Most of the sukhois that are being inducted into IAF are built from raw materials in India.

Russians are supervising some critical stages but overall HAL is capable of doing maintenance of Su 30 MKI well and good.

During Red flag exercises Indians have done well to maintain the operational capabilities of Su 30 MKI.
So why set up new maintenance facilities? 1+1 doesn't equal to 11, if you're right, then the piece of news makes little to no sense at all, and all those reports of problems are all fake.

So why set up new maintenance facilities? 1+1 doesn't equal to 11, if you're right, then the piece of news makes little to no sense at all, and all those reports of problems are all fake.

Building an aircraft from the scratch and maintenance are two different things.

Maintenance needs experts who can quickly find out faults in the system and fix them. Also Maintenance facility is different from manufacturing.

secondly as the number of sukhoi bases are increasing dedicated maintenance facilities are needed.

Building an aircraft from the scratch and maintenance are two different things.

Maintenance needs experts who can quickly find out faults in the system and fix them. Also Maintenance facility is different from manufacturing.
Exactly what I said, but claimed and I quote...

Which really doesn't change my point.

Read my post completely, expertise in maintenance do not mean they can service large number of aircraft.

Reason why they needed a maintenance facility and equipment which Russia has supplied.

First of all, I know the differences between maintenance and manufacturing. Second, a shortage of facilities could explain this, but why make a big deal of it then? This should be run of the mill business deal.

First of all, I know the differences between maintenance and manufacturing. Second, a shortage of facilities could explain this, but why make a big deal of it then? This should be run of the mill business deal.

It is related to the recent leaked reports of malfunctioning displays and flaws associated with them, I think.

Talking about Sukhoi.. well I am in Pune these days and I am seeing more and more of those Flankers everyday.

Everyday, early in the morning they fly around here in my place, waking me up.Nowadays, they have started flying quite low.You can very distinctly see the twin fins and the canards.Although this area is a little outside the actual Pune city,still, I wonder whether they should be doing all that over populated areas.

It is related to the recent leaked reports of malfunctioning displays and flaws associated with them, I think.
Why comment on it now? Why not when the leaks occurred?

Actually it's migs that have a reputation for being difficult to maintain, not Sukhois.

Back
Top Bottom