What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Btw.. any differences between the two prototypes?.. apart from the obvious paint job.

Besides the differences I pointed out earlier, the first prototype (serial number 51) now has some changes at the tail sting:

051318.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

On the Key forum it was said that an anti-spin chute was integrated, here is the F22 with such a chute:

f22-raptor-06.jpg

attachment.php

What will be the Range of AESA Radar if Missile Range is 398Km.??:woot::woot::cheesy::cheesy::victory:

Well . Indian FGFA is suposed to come with a 500 Km range AESA
Though Russia will Begin delivery of PAKFA with only a 400 Km range AESA radar for IAF and 450 Km range AESA for Russian Military

Both Aircrafts will get upgraded radars in later blocks

Even today Russian Novator Kh100 awac Killer missile has range of 400 Km

What is great about this machine will be Sensor fusion, Taking data from 4 Radars (Xband and L-Band) and from IRST EW system and many other sensors and combining all these data and projecting it on MFD's.

One more question is Russia working on JHMCS type system for PAK FA?

Actually it will be at least 5 radar arrays, 3 X - Band and 2 L - Band radars, possibly even an 6th one that could be housed in the tail sting:

radarButowski.jpg

Pak Fa / FGFA will also get 360° EW sensors, to increase the situational awareness, like the MAWS behind the cockpit. A new HMS will come for sure, but might be too early for such details.

I am sure the will be covering up the engine Nozzles to prevent the heat signature from exhaust because I could see some smoke trails in some of the photos.

I am sure the will be covering up the engine Nozzles to prevent the heat signature from exhaust because I could see some smoke trails in some of the photos.

Smoke trails might also be due to environmental factor too.
However i think final version of PAK FA might end up like this

200223_206047846089203_100000519664307_763821_5518425_n.jpg

189113_206047756089212_100000519664307_763820_7902794_n.jpg

Well . Indian FGFA is suposed to come with a 500 Km range AESA
Though Russia will Begin delivery of PAKFA with only a 400 Km range AESA radar for IAF and 450 Km range AESA for Russian Military

Both Aircrafts will get upgraded radars in later blocks

Even today Russian Novator Kh100 awac Killer missile has range of 400 Km

Even more thn AWACS ?? Who need Phalcon AWACS if we will buy 250 radar platforms of 500 km range.

Can anyone provide source of 500 km radar or 398 km Aoa missile ?

Great! I can't wait to see the more heavily modified production version, assuming that we take Pogosyan's word of 2010 when he said that the 6th or 7th prototype will be radically different from the current prototypes, as it will be the last prototype about to enter the production. :D.

Even more thn AWACS ?? Who need Phalcon AWACS if we will buy 250 radar platforms of 500 km range.

Can anyone provide source of 500 km radar or 398 km Aoa missile ?

AWACS PROVIDE 360 Degree Coverage plus AWACS has more crew members to understand situation plus AWACS can Track more targets Simultaneously plus AWACS can be linked with Ground Crew and Satellite plus AWACS can stay Longer in Air Without Refueling

Btw.. any differences between the two prototypes?.. apart from the obvious paint job.

From metberkut @ MP.net

I will go through all the differences that is known so far/spotted, i am talking about T-50-2 now:

- Has "teeth" in front of the nose cone. RCS measures, ala MiG-29K/KUB.
- Station behind canopy.
- Smaller IRST. It is either a smaller and black painted mock up still, or it is a real IRST.
- Reinforcement bars or sensors on the horizontal tails.
- On "naked" pictures you can see rivets placed on strategic places on the sidebays. Aka, it got hydraulics to operate them.
- Has some sort of censor or something on top of the beaver tail. Shaped like "pyramid".
- LEVCON differences. It appears the tip of them are made in radio transparent material. There is also differences in how they are attached/moved.
- Canopy doesn't have middle strength bar.
- Paint differences.
- If you compare pics, there is some differences on smaller stuff above/around the engines.
- Differences in panel's around the frame

I see everything he's talking about except the LEVCON differences.

Its funny that some posters were commenting on how terrible the surface finishing on PAK-FA was and how it would be detrimental to its RCS. Looks pretty good from here!!
051365.jpg

[video]http://defensetech.org/2011/06/10/video-sukhoi-pak-fa-stealth-fighter-aerobatics/[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom