What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Why India not considering F35? FGFA seems long way to go, at least until 2022. Russia is always delay in everything, India could not put all eggs in one basket, that is too dangerous for national security.

Why India not considering F35? FGFA seems long way to go, at least until 2022. Russia is always delay in everything, India could not put all eggs in one basket, that is too dangerous for national security.

India cannot think about F-35, delay or no delay, FGFA is the best bet for IAF as of now, American weaponry is given with so many strings attached, India cannot threaten it's national security by going for a sophisticated fighter jets like F-35s which can make India hopelessly dependent on US at the time of war, & US can sanction India anytime it desires (one of the topmost reasons for IAF not going for American jets in MMRCA), besides F-35 program itself is becoming a white elephant, costs have nearly doubled, & time of induction has changed, also there are many nations waiting in the queue to get there F-35 before US can even think of giving them to India.

India is getting complete TOT in the FGFA deal which will be of great help in it's own fifth gen. fighter project - AMCA, i see no further delay in inducting FGFA beyond 2022 as the prototypes are already flying & the IAF has reduced it's demands (no twin seater, etc.), also there is no threat of fifth gen. fighters flying in our neighborhood atleast till 2020.

J-20 will be deployed at 2018, how India is gonna deal with 4 years empty window?

J-20 will be deployed at 2018, how India is gonna deal with 4 years empty window?

I m not at all sure about that date, more practical seems 2020, also the first planes will not be based on the western border (i.e. border with India) but in the eastern bases of China as US is much bigger threat for China considering the new US pivot of Pacific region.

I m not at all sure about that date, more practical seems 2020, also the first planes will not be based on the western border (i.e. border with India) but in the eastern bases of China as US is much bigger threat for China considering the new US pivot of Pacific region.
Do not underestimate the speed of China. Plus, you should also take into consideration that: Russians always miss the deadline....

090336.jpg

Its a prototype, not a real 5 gen stealthy plane. It still take years to see FGFA of India. Anyway, nice paint job.:tup:

Its a prototype, not a real 5 gen stealthy plane. It still take years to see FGFA of India. Anyway, nice paint job.:tup:

Apart from F-22 and F-35 rest all like PAK-FA, J-20 are prototypes. So we won't be seeing any new 5th gen plane inducted in any other air-forces soon.

FGFA will be unvieled in 2014. Until then people will have to keep up with this color pattern of RusAF.

You see Russian air force Su-30s really don't look as good as IAF Su-30MKIs, I think its in the IAF Grey color.

Back
Top Bottom