What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

the next prototype of t50 PAK-FA wil be on dec as per the "Take-off" Magazine and the 5th one in early 2013 .
here is 1 Qs from me that why india is going for only 3 protyp of fgfa where as russian are testing the pak-fa vigorously with 6-8 prototyps ?

the next prototype of t50 PAK-FA wil be on dec as per the "Take-off" Magazine and the 5th one in early 2013 .
here is 1 Qs from me that why india is going for only 3 protyp of fgfa where as russian are testing the pak-fa vigorously with 6-8 prototyps ?

Many of FGFA's technology would already be tested on PAKFA. Thats why 3 prototypes are enough.

Testing of new engine for PAK-FA by 2014

Scientific production association “Saturn” has began development of a new engine for bench testing in PAk-Fa aircraft . has informed by Yevgeny Marchuk, General Designer, Director of the Scientific and Technical Center , part of the “Saturn”. Engine will begin test in 2014.

“Engine will be ready in two years, and will begin bench testing. This – essentially a new engine, so it took a long time” – said Marchuk. According to him, the weight of the new power plant will be 30 percent less than that of the AL-41F1 (“Item 117″, the modified version of the engine AL-41F1S for the Su-35), known as the engine of the first stage.

As expected, the life-cycle costs will also be almost a third less than that of the AL-41F1S and according Marchukova, “it also will be cheaper.” New engine for the PAK FA engine known as the second phase or “Type 30″ will be significantly different from the currently used “Products 117″. The latter will be installed in the first production aircraft, until the end of the development of “Type 30″.

A new propulsion system for the T-50 is still unknown for many. According to preliminary data from the AL-41F1 engine will differ , will have increased thrust and improved fuel efficiency. According to unconfirmed reports, the power plant will be able to develop a thrust of 107 kN in cruise flight and 176 kN afterburning mode.

In April 2011, the general director of “Saturn,” Ilya Fedorov said that the establishment of the second stage engine is ahead of schedule, and the supply of new power plants is scheduled for 2015 informed the Russian Defense Ministry . In the same year, the Russian air force to will get the first production T-50.

---

Testing of the new engine for the PAK FA in 2014 | idrw.org

^^^ That is pretty huge .

The Pratt & Whitney F119 which powers F22 produces only 156 KN with afterburner

What's the difference between PAKFA and FGFA?
FGFA will be Indianized version of PAKFA. It will have HAL as its partner which will make changes according to our requirements. Israeli and French avionics that were used in Su-30 to convert into Su- 30 MKI, you can say it is analogous to it. India will be installing its own technologies and technologies from other countries that it has acquired in ToT and bought from them.

I think Sancho can explain more about it.

What's the difference between PAKFA and FGFA?

FGFA is the export version of PAK-FA same as F60 will be the xeport version of J-31

Basically built on PAK-FA but allow space for use ot Indegious INdian System on the FGFA, some sort of technology transfer

FGFA will be Indianized version of PAKFA. It will have HAL as its partner which will make changes according to our requirements. Israeli and French avionics that were used in Su-30 to convert into Su- 30 MKI, you can say it is analogous to it. India will be installing its own technologies and technologies from other countries that it has acquired in ToT and bought from them.

I think Sancho can explain more about it.

Arey Bhai Kuye Taklif dete hot Sancho Ko :D

@ wanglaokan
FGFA is an Indian Version of PAK FA with much of changes in avionics such as display, navigation, targeting and electronic warfare systems keeping IAF requirement in view and these could be from Israel and French. In Simple Words What is best available in market will be there in FGFA.......:azn:

FGFA is the export version of PAK-FA same as F60 will be the xeport version of J-31

Basically built on PAK-FA but allow space for use ot Indegious INdian System on the FGFA, some sort of technology transfer

FGFA isn't some export version its the Indianised version of PAK-FA n most possibly more superior due to induction of various Indian Foreign tech(SU 30 vs MKI) as India is a partner in the Project n not just a buyer although India is gonna operate both PAKFA n FGFA...:)

The export version will be a water down version of PAK-FA or FGFA as per customers requirement...:agree:

FGFA isn't some export version its the Indianised version of PAK-FA n most possibly more superior due to induction of various Indian Foreign tech(SU 30 vs MKI) as India is a partner in the Project n not just a buyer although India is gonna operate both PAKFA n FGFA...:)

The export version will be a water down version of PAK-FA or FGFA as per customers requirement...:agree:
Can you link something to Bolded part ???
I don't think India will operate PAK-FA it's pointless when we are having modified or more precisely upgraded version of PAK-FA why would IAF want standard PAK-FA ??? If FGFA take too long and if there will be a emmence threat then IAF might consider having 1/2 PAK-FA squd as stop gap but it is still highly unlikely

I don't think India will operate PAK-FA it's pointless when we are having modified or more precisely upgraded version of PAK-FA why would IAF want standard PAK-FA ??? If FGFA take too long and if there will be a emmence threat then IAF might consider having 1/2 PAK-FA squd as stop gap but it is still highly unlikely

Sorry i might have messed up that part a bit, let me put is this way..

Original FGFA was supposed to be 2 seater but now IAF is gonna to operate only single seater plane like PAK FA.

But IAF there is a possibility that IAF may in Future again go for 2 seater FGFA...

But i should have written single seater n double seater instead of PAK FA n FGFA:D

Sorry i might have messed up that part a bit, let me put is this way..

Original FGFA was supposed to be 2 seater but now IAF is gonna to operate only single seater plane like PAK FA.

But IAF there is a possibility that IAF may in Future again go for 2 seater FGFA...

But i should have written single seater n double seater instead of PAK FA n FGFA:D

hahahah it's ok. Still right now NOBODY knows what we are going for. May be it will be more clear after Putin's visit. Right now we know nothing. Only confirm info availbe is IAF had decided to give up twin seater. If true then we will be having FGFA real soon than the earlier mentioned timelines of twin seater FGFA

Possible, as per the initial reports, India to buy single seated 50 PAF -FA and 200 FGFA. (duel seated)
Now there are alot of conflicting reportsd are coming in as we will order less and FGFA will be sinle seated.

Possible, as per the initial reports, India to buy single seated 50 PAF -FA and 200 FGFA. (duel seated)
Now there are alot of conflicting reportsd are coming in as we will order less and FGFA will be sinle seated.

As per Sancho's opinion there was never a official statement on this project. All info or mis-info came out from the off record interview of CAS. So all is rumer mill.

That's why we will be able to see a clear pic after Putin's visit and when we actually sign the JV

IAF Scales Down FGFA Numbers By A Third: Report
The Indian Air Force has scaled down its requirement for the proposed Indo-Russian fifth generation fighter aircraft (FGFA) by 70 aircraft -- it has not put down a requirement now for just 144 aircraft, down from 214 earlier stated (166 single seaters and 48 twin-seaters). In an interview to India Strategic magazine, IAF Chief Air Chief Marshal N.A.K. Browne has said that all 144 of these will be single-seater aircraft (which explains the modified single-seat wind-tunnel model unveiled recently by HAL).

Back
Top Bottom