What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

the article is one year old but the valid objections of IAF are still Standing :-

top IAF officials argued the FGFA has "shortfalls… in terms of performance and other technical features."

Business Standard has reviewed the minutes of that meeting. The IAF's three top objections to the FGFA were:

(a) The Russians are reluctant to share critical design information with India;

(b) The fighter's current AL-41F1 engines are inadequate, being mere upgrades of the Sukhoi-30MKI's AL-31 engines; and

(c) It is too expensive. With India paying $6 billion to co-develop the FGFA, "a large percentage of IAF's capital budget will be locked up."

the IAF renewed the attack in a MoD meeting to review progress on the FGFA. The IAF's deputy chief of air staff (DCAS), its top procurement official, declared :
the FGFA's engine was unreliable, its radar inadequate, its stealth features badly engineered, India's work share too low, and that the fighter's price would be exorbitant by the time it enters service.
And these problems are discussed and corrected if you want get details visit to FGFA thread.

IAF is a quality obsessive force.
LCA is the best example .They want a mini Sukhoi from that single engine fighter.

IAF should be ignored in getting the FGFA deal done. They're like teen girls on their periods. Fussy and moody.

Parikkar should go ahead with it and shove it down their throats.

IAF should be ignored in getting the FGFA deal done. They're like teen girls on their periods. Fussy and moody.

Then Russia will hand us a lemon and take 30 billion dollars for it :p:

Then Russia will hand us a lemon and take 30 billion dollars for it :p:

Give me options of any other advanced countries offering co development of 5th generation fighters, genius.

JSF is on offer for purchase only and even UK a tier 1 partner doesn't have access to its full tech. We all know ADA' s capability in bringing AMCA on its own. I'll have my grandchildren married by the time they roll it out alone.

Any other?

Give me options of any other advanced countries offering co development of 5th generation fighters, genius.

JSF is on offer for purchase only and even UK a tier 1 partner doesn't have access to its full tech. We all know ADA' s capability in bringing AMCA on its own. I'll have my grandchildren married by the time they roll it out alone.

Any other?

Fifth generation technologies will take time to mature ; look at the problems of F 35

There is no need for haste ; Chinese J 20 / J 31 is NO threat at all simply because
they will take a lot of time to mature

Dont go by their external stealthy shape ; what matters is what is inside the J 20

Russia should allow us more insight into the makings of PAK FA
That is the real meaning of co development
They just want our money

And they believe that we will make an steathy AMCA by the knowledge gained in PAK FA

Anyway this article is an year old and since then some progress has been made

But sometimes that would be the sanestchoice. We dont have a luxury of lavish spending.So optimum resources and maximum utilisation.That might be their choice.
And Russians need some shock treatment after that Viky saga

Why is AMCA and FGFA even being discussed?
All we saw out of those stealth projects are just 1 foot long concept aircrafts.
Is that really what qualifies as defence news in India?
Does India even have the expertise to make a stealth fighter? Haven't we seen enough with the LCA Tejas or the Arjun tank?

All we saw out of those stealth projects are just 1 foot long concept aircrafts.
Does India even have the expertise to make a stealth fighter? Haven't we seen enough with the LCA Tejas or the Arjun tank?
LCA & Arjun Tank are indigenous projects.

These are high technology projects ,problems and performance shortfalls will be there as always. Till now none of the high technology systems have met their initially laid out requirements, the list is B-1,B-2,F-117,V-22,F-22,LCS,F-35,A-400. So its criminal to expect that T-50 or J-20 will perform better,but it all depends on what the respective services,users expect.

No offence but Don't know sometimes I feel like IAF need spacehips and Indian Army need starwar weapons, best in world or rather universe:D

Last edited:
I swear IAF must be more interested in F35 than PAKFA, Rusky is going come up with a water down version fighter to cheat the hell out off of India.to be honest, PAkFA is a shoddy try by pathetic Russian.

PAKFA looks like a squashed SU27 with some weapon bay added on random, poor design.

I always think IAF shall go for F35 instead of PAKFA.

Fifth generation technologies will take time to mature ; look at the problems of F 35

There is no need for haste ; Chinese J 20 / J 31 is NO threat at all simply because
they will take a lot of time to mature

Dont go by their external stealthy shape ; what matters is what is inside the J 20

Russia should allow us more insight into the makings of PAK FA
That is the real meaning of co development
They just want our money

And they believe that we will make an steathy AMCA by the knowledge gained in PAK FA

Anyway this article is an year old and since then some progress has been made
if let you have a glance at what J20 has inside, I promise you don't wanna be an Indian any more.

still better than Chinese pumpkins :D
I will call it an ignorant confidence, I don't think PAKFA is better than J20 in any aspect.

India should go ahead with the deal IMO, I don't understand why they keep whinning. Its not like they can develop a 5th generation stealth fighter independently, when they have run into difficulties producing a reliable 4th generation fighter. So I think its bad to be asking too much from Moscow on this one. Of course, I know Moscow won't share all its critical tech on this project with India(no power will to be honest). So India should do with what it has(which to me is its best option) as it has got no other choice or alternative, except it wants to buy the F-35 (though superior to FGFA/PAK-FA) off the shelf.

Both LCA & Arjun are in serial production

India should go ahead with the deal IMO, I don't understand why they keep whinning. Its not like they can develop a 5th generation stealth fighter independently, when they have run into difficulties producing a reliable 4th generation fighter. So I think its bad to be asking too much from Moscow on this one. Of course, I know Moscow won't share all its critical tech on this project with India(no power will to be honest). So India should do with what it has(which to me is its best option) as it has got no other choice or alternative, except it wants to buy the F-35 (though superior to FGFA/PAK-FA) off the shelf.
Since we are financing 50% it is our right to demand critical techs

Back
Top Bottom