What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

Last edited:
It doesn't matter when the site was upgraded the last time, but when the article was published and that is a year ago. But again, more than that it's the made up content that is the problem.
O.K.
is FGFA project running according to schedule ?

O.K.
is FGFA project running according to schedule ?

FGFA is delayed by around 2 years from the initial plans, mainly because the project is still in definition phase and the final contracts are missing. Pak Fa on the other side seems to go well and on track with Russian requirements, which plans to induct the first fighters by next year. The development of the Type 30 engine is going on as expected too, the first fighter with the engine is expected in 2017.

Both LCA & Arjun are in serial production

Since we are financing 50% it is our right to demand critical techs

Lool but Russia won't ever agree to transfer their latest/best tech to you or any country for that matter bro.

Well to be honest, no power will ever do that, so it applies not only to Russia, but even our governments in the West/U.S. So India has to accept what Russia offers, while investing more in its own R&D,so it can produce such critical weapons on its own. That's the only way out for India. Expecting other countries/foreign powers to give you everything/all their latest tech on a plate is all but laughable to be honest. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR IT , there are things that can't be transfered/shared. So India will have to accept what Russia offers, which I don't think is a bad deal by the way.

Lool but Russia won't ever agree to transfer their latest/best tech to you or any country for that matter bro.

Well to be honest, no power will ever do that, so it applies not only to Russia, but even our governments in the West/U.S. So India has to accept what Russia offers, while investing more in its own R&D,so it can produce such critical weapons on its own. That's the only way out for India. Expecting other countries/foreign powers to give you everything/all their latest tech on a plate is all but laughable to be honest. NO MATTER HOW MUCH YOU PAY FOR IT , there are things that can't be transfered/shared. So India will have to accept what Russia offers, which I don't think is a bad deal by the way.

if we dont get tech, u dont get paid...so..we do not have to accept anything. we are not some b*tch of US or china..

I Agee with your point but Russians will have to fulfill TOT obligations or we won't release the money & tell me 1 more nation which can partner Russia for this project

I Agee with your point but Russians will have to fulfill TOT obligations or we won't release the money & tell me 1 more nation which can partner Russia for this project

Well, it's true Russia 'HAS' to fulfil its TOT obligations , but then again that's just officially, reality is different, as they won't want India to absolve all their latest tech, which will/might enable India to use it in its own AMCA project. If this was to happen, then India wont be dependent on Russia anymore(meaning loss of billions of dollars for Moscow in this field), hence it will mean Moscow will lost its largest arm importer/cash cow.
So of course as any power/country will do the same like Russia (I.e. keep India dependent on it for as long as possible). Russia won't give you their best/latest/critical tech which they spent they spent decades of R&D/hard work and experience developing. So India has to be aware of this and take its own measures to mitigate this, I.e by counting only on itself first and foremost instead of always wanting to take the short cut. Investment in R&D and establishing a proper aerospace industry in India should be the way forward, not pleading with Moscow to give you their best tech, since you 'paid for it'.lol. That won't happen to be honest.

At best Russia will transfer you part of the tech they think isn't that important/cutting edge/no big deal. India will have to accept this since it has NO OTHER BETTER CHOICE(and Moscow knows this). :smokin:

Last edited:

No country in the world would.......that is a known logic....and that is how the world runs. We are good at negotiations...but getting a no strings attached 5th gen fighter is much better than a fighter with a lot of limitations politically.

Well, it's true Russia HAS to fulfil TOT obligations , but then again that's just officially, reality is different, as they won't want India to absolve all their tech which will enable India to use it in its own AMCA project, if this was to happen, then India wont be dependent on Russia anymore(meaning loss of billions of dollars for Moscow in this field), hence it will reduce Moscow largest arm importer/cash cow. So of course as any power/country will do, Russia won't give you their best/latest/critical tech which they spent they spent decades of R&D/hard work/experience developing. So India has to be aware of this and take its own measures to mitigate this, I.e by counting only on itself first and foremost instead of always wanting to take the short cut. Investment in R&D and establishing a proper aerospace industry in India should be the way forward, not airing for Moscow to give you their best tech, since you 'paid for it'.lol. That won't happen to be honest.

At best Russia will transfer you part of the tech they think isn't that important/cutting edge/no big deal. India will have to accept this since it has NO OTHER BETTER CHOICE.

My point still stands we pay money they give us TOT no TOT no money
Simple as that & we ain't asking for 100% just 50%

Now you are talking my man. Its better to expect 50% at best than 100% . Even though I'm not sure Moscow will even be willing to transfer 50%. Well depends on how hard India bargains for this 50% though. :enjoy:

Now you are talking my man. Its better to expect 50% at best than 100% . Even though I'm not sure Moscow will even be willing to transfer 50%. Well depends on how hard India bargains for this 50% though. :enjoy:

Well i think they will agree to our 50% demand as it will be stated in the basic contract & our partnership with Moscow is built on the solid foundation of the one thing that matters the most in these kinds of relation ships,money.:cheers:

Well i think they will agree to our 50% demand as it will be stated in the basic contract & our partnership with Moscow is built on the solid foundation of the one thing that matters the most in these kinds of relation ships,money.:cheers:

I'd love to know what is the definition of "50%". It is not like you can have Russia design the left half of the airplane and India design the right half.

I'd love to know what is the definition of "50%". It is not like you can have Russia design the left half of the airplane and India design the right half.

Like this??

tumblr_mivvm8aq1f1r5xufto1_500.jpg

India is offered with premiere price as it contributed at the development stage and committed to the number of aircraft it will buy. Thats where it ends besides some of the assembling going to take place in India (probably).

TOT of what? Engine? top secret coating? alloys? Nah you aint getting it. You will get basic physical design of the aircraft including aerodynamics, RCS, and the blue print to how to assemble the aircraft. Thats called TOT ;). You can even get this from toy stores which sells T-50 replica. :)

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom