What's new

Sukhoi PAK-FA / FGFA: Updates,News & Discussions

This aircraft seems to be pretty good... PAF should consider buying this one as well in future.

Had they got the same tech as usa/west we would have had s-ducts instead of straight ducts with stupid radar blocker which will never be as efficient.Everyone knows it,,certainly russians too

See that's the typical BS you get yourself into, by not understanding even basics. The Boeing X32 has radar blockers, the NG YF23 was considered to have a lower RCS than the F22, without a so called flat belly, nor an S-Duct, the latest Japanese stealth fighter (developed by one of the most advanced industrial powers) will be developed with radar blockers too, the Gripen is known for a very low RCS => radar blockers, The F18SH => radar blockers...
So that's neither a Russian idea, nor does it mean that it's inefficient in reducing the RCS, that's simply a false conception of you and many people that simply have no clue of what they are talking.

See that's the typical BS you get yourself into, by not understanding even basics. The Boeing X32 has radar blockers, the NG YF23 was considered to have a lower RCS than the F22, without a so called flat belly, nor an S-Duct, the latest Japanese stealth fighter (developed by one of the most advanced industrial powers) will be developed with radar blockers too, the Gripen is known for a very low RCS => radar blockers, The F18SH => radar blockers...
So that's neither a Russian idea, nor does it mean that it's inefficient in reducing the RCS, that's simply a false conception of you and many people that simply have no clue of what they are talking.

Typical rant,,,its clear u did not even bother to read the philosophy of this design.
Anyone even attempting to say that blockers are better than s-duct is a biased fellow.Its not.

Regarding f-18,,its not designed as a 5 th gen stealth aircraft
Regarding yf-23.................it was not selected,who knows why??maybe due to blockers
Regarding japanese fighter.................its gonna be launched in 2028,,,and u are declaring it to be most advanced ever,,,,wow!!

And lastly,,stop deluding urself,,,pakfa has a declared rcs of .5 m2,,,good luck convincing anyone that its better than j-20 or f-35 in stealth........never mind f-22 for obvious reasons.

But as usual u will rant again and again based on useless points.

Anyone even attempting to say that blockers are better than s-duct is a biased fellow.Its not.

LOL, who said it's better? It is an efficient capability to hide the engine compressor from radar waves, that's the reason why Gripen and the F18SH uses it and why several different stealth fighters apart of the T50 don't need to use S-Ducts. So it shows that there are more than one way when it comes to reduce RCS and insisting that it isn't is the actual bias!

LOL, who said it's better? It is an efficient capability to hide the engine compressor from radar waves, that's the reason why Gripen and the F18SH uses it and why several different stealth fighters apart of the T50 don't need to use S-Ducts. So it shows that there are more than one way when it comes to reduce RCS and insisting that it isn't is the actual bias!

Yes u are right that it does indeed work but we are talking in relative terms here.
Plus the s-ducts would have taken care of the underbelly too if designed properly but russians wanted more lift due to space between engines so it was a deliberate design,,,,they certainly know how to make s-ducts as they did in su-47 and yak-130

But its also a fact that ground radars will pick on the underbelly fairly quickly,,,i just hope they atleast smoothen out the 90 degree angles

Typical rant,,,its clear u did not even bother to read the philosophy of this design.

Regarding f-18,,its not designed as a 5 th gen stealth aircraft
Regarding yf-23.................it was not selected,who knows why??maybe due to blockers
Regarding japanese fighter.................its gonna be launched in 2028,,,and u are declaring it to be most advanced ever,,,,wow!!

And lastly,,stop deluding urself,,,pakfa has a declared rcs of .5 m2,,,good luck convincing anyone that its better than j-20 or f-35 in stealth........never mind f-22 for obvious reasons.

But as usual u will rant again and again based on useless points.
AFAIK T-50(not pak fa) has average RCS(frontal+side) of 0.5 as stated while others are counted based on their frontal RCS(which is always less).

Last edited:
AFAIK Pak fa has complete RCS of 0.5 as stated while others are counted based on their frontal RCS(which is always less).

I mentioned that myself in above post.
But we must concede that phase 1 pakfa has many many shortcomings in stealth aspect

I mentioned that myself in above post.
But we must concede that phase 1 pakfa has many many shortcomings in stealth aspect
Well yes to an extent Its a bit less stealthy but then Its agility and avionics are unmatched IMO. All set of new weapons for it too.

Well yes to an extent Its a bit less stealthy but then Its agility and avionics are unmatched IMO. All set of new weapons for it too.

Na.........come to think of it even rafale and ef have qwip based irst and they have had it for years now.
On the other hand su-35 irst has half the range and it twice as heavy.

Russians are behind the tech but i am hoping they get their act together this time for god's sake

Na.........come to think of it even rafale and ef have qwip based irst and they have had it for years now.
On the other hand su-35 irst has half the range and it twice as heavy.

Russians are behind the tech but i am hoping they get their act together this time for god's sake
Its not gonna have Su35s IRST but a complete new one and probably most powerful one. In fact almost everything has been/gonna be developed completely new one for Pak Fa. Engines, Radars, irst, EW suite, Weapons( new long range aams), DAS system etc.

Its not gonna have Su35s IRST but a complete new one and probably most powerful one. In fact almost everything has been/gonna be developed completely new one for Pak Fa. Engines, Radars, First, EW suite, Weapons( new long range aams), DAS system etc.

Do u know who manufactures it??
Uomz which comes under rostec corporation.

The pods made by them were rejected by russians themselves in favour of dassault ones:rofl::rofl::rofl:
So we might tone down the expectations a bit less.

But as i said i hope russians get their act together this time.

N036 aesa looks good :tup:

There is no issue with the belly and the round engine coverings might go only with the new engine, otherwise the Russians would had done it from the start.

The US also had 2 x 5th gen fighters as options:

The Boing X32 with flat belly, complete shaped airframe, shaped nozzles
ow1qcuxikmqg.jpg

And the LM X35 with rounded engine coverings, a lot of rounded parts at the belly and around the airframe, as well as normal nozzles
ivc6qxv7upet.jpg

And we all know which one was chosen right?

True ...... but the belly of F35 and YF-23 looks much cleaner when compared to that of T-50 .

meh, i like Pak Fa/FGFA I think it strikes a nice balance of stealth,maneuverability,payload, and range
Patent analysis shows how PAK-FA differs from F-22 in air combat philosophy | Russia & India Report

article is keen to bring up super maneuverability compared to the F22/35, but can't you counter than with a super maneuverable SR-AAM with the radars/helmets nowadays you only need to look at your target and it slaves the missile seeker or something and boom you got lock on after launch

Back
Top Bottom