What's new

Sui-30MKI fighter jet goes missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
ouch! and ouch!
Is it really that difficult to trace an aircraft IF it were withing india controlled territory? Or indian political and military establishments are fooling indians because truth will have blow back and has political cost????
You never know what could've happened. A few decades ago the first twin-seat F-6 fighter jets were being ferried to Pakistan. Near the Himalayas, the formation of 4 aircraft encountered bad weather. 3 made it, 1 disappeared. Years later they found the jet had crashed into a mountain and the pilot had ejected and was found frozen. Noted was that he was clean shaven the day he took off, and it was indicated from the length of his beard that he had been alive for quiet a while until he got frozen to death.

So as for the Su-30MKI pilots, I hope their case is more fortunate, I am the son of a fighter pilot and the last thing I want to see or hear are other fighter pilots having gone missing or confirmed dead, regardless of whether it is IAF, PAF, USAF, USN, USMC, RAF, IDF.....fighter pilots are the select few to have been blessed with a daring and challenging profession.

Cheers !!!

To burst all your bubbles, the missing jet was spotted by villagers of Ashabari village or Sunitpur District flying very low and smoke trails coming out of aircrafts engine. Then they saw it getting disappeared between the hills and a huge explosion was heard. Since then SAR efforts has been concentrated into the hilly tarrain near Ashabari. But the due to very heavy downpour and suspected crash location being covered by 3 flooded rivers, till now rescue teams have not been able to scan the hilly area effectively. As the weather clears I am sure they will find the crashed aircrafts and pilots, hopefully alive.

The loser compares single engine with twin engine jets.
still his tiny ego can't comprehend simple facts.

In 15 years of service,IAF lost same amount of twin engine SU-30s as PAF lost single engine F-16s during 34 years of operations.... with PAF F-16s fighting battles for almost a decade and scoring about a dozen victories.

The Indians have 3 times more MKIs then Pakistan has F-16s. Pakistan also has a minuscule budget of 10 billion per year compared to Indias's 56 billion, meaning there is no way Pakistani pilots get similar flight hours as Indian, which in some cases are as high as 300 hours annually for some pilots.

What matters is crashes per flight hours and not totall crashes. You know the US has lost hundreds of F-15 to crashes? That's what happens when you have thousand of aircraft that rack up millions of flight hours over many decades.

Twin engine aircraft also have very little to do with reliability since most engine failure happenes on takeoff and the aircraft is usually too low to correct the problem.

There is plenty of videos of twin engine aircraft such as F-18s, JH-7s, Mig-29s losing an engine. The first thing those aircraft do is bank and yaw and then go into a dive.

To all of the members along why the crashsite has not been found
Firstly the emergency beacon of the aircraft is not giving off any signal. This makes it very difficult for them to find it especially in a place like arunachal with full of rugged mountains and very less accessibility(do check Google Earth and see it for yourself) even fighters which went missing during WW2 were not found.
However I wish they find them soon
One can imagine how much hell they might be going through if they are alive all alone in the middle of nowhere. After 3-4 days their chances of survival in such inhospitable terrain are very less.
But you have satellites to do the work for you, don't you dude:undecided:

This is all irrelevant, there are still 24 hours in a day and one pilot can only fly one jet at a time. if you have 5 times the jets that does not mean than an individual pilot would fly five times the hours, for more jets, you will have more pilots and they would still fly the same hours per day. In case of MKI the time would be even less because of it very low availability compared to F-16.

The Indians have 3 times more MKIs then Pakistan has F-16s. Pakistan also has a minuscule budget of 10 billion per year compared to Indias's 56 billion, meaning there is no way Pakistani pilots get similar flight hours as Indian, which in some cases are as high as 300 hours annually for some pilots.

What matters is crashes per flight hours and not totall crashes. You know the US has lost hundreds of F-15 to crashes? That's what happens when you have thousand of aircraft that rack up millions of flight hours over many decades.

Twin engine aircraft also have very little to do with reliability since most engine failure happenes on takeoff and the aircraft is usually too low to correct the problem.

There is plenty of videos of twin engine aircraft such as F-18s, JH-7s, Mig-29s losing an engine. The first thing those aircraft do is bank and yaw and then go into a dive.

This is all irrelevant, there are still 24 hours in a day and one pilot can only fly one jet at a time. if you have 5 times the jets that does not mean than an individual pilot would fly five times the hours, for more jets, you will have more pilots and they would still fly the same hours per day. In case of MKI the time would be even less because of it very low availability compared to F-16.

You are going off of preschool logic.

Larger volume of air aircraft equals more total hours clocked. The US has some of the most aircraft crashes per year but one of the fewest crashes per flight hour. If Pakistan had 5x more aircraft it would have 5x more crashes. If Pakistan could afford to fly their aircraft more then the crash rate would be even higher.

Pakistan has a huge military, in terms of manpower and military equipment and a very large navy and an Air Force with over 900 aircraft.
Do you really think that Pakistani pilots get that much flight hours when Pakistan can only afford 10 billion dollars a year to spend? Most of that is probably going to support a military of over 600k active and 500k reserves.

If Pakistan secretly syphoned a billion gallons of oil a year and secretly stole billions in spare parts then I would say it's possible for Pakistani aircraft the get similar flight hours as their Indian counterparts but they don't--let's be honest. Pakistan has a fraction of aircraft as India and the aircraft and pilots get a fraction of the flight time as their Indian counterparts.

Last edited:

The US may have lost hundreds simply because of it's commitments, the USAF flies all over the globe, it's involved in one kind of conflict or another, if not war then maintaining no fly zones also requires sustained effort, Russia and China also have large air arms but i doubt they suffer crashes anything like US and maybe not even like India...so your argument doesn't hold.... another interesting point to note, once i read that it takes something like $10 Million to train a Western combat pilot and a PAF pilot told me that it probably takes same if not more to train a pilot in the smaller budget airforce, since in the West and big budget airforces, they do a lot of training on simulators on the contrary, others have to fly extra training sorties to achieve the results.

26live-sukhoi.jpg

Looking at the debris I do not foresee any survivors.

The US may have lost hundreds simply because of it's commitments, the USAF flies all over the globe, it's involved in one kind of conflict or another, if not war then maintaining no fly zones also requires sustained effort, Russia and China also have large air arms but i doubt they suffer crashes anything like US and maybe not even like India...so your argument doesn't hold.... another interesting point to note, once i read that it takes something like $10 Million to train a Western combat pilot and a PAF pilot told me that it probably takes same if not more to train a pilot in the smaller budget airforce, since in the West and big budget airforces, they do a lot of training on simulators on the contrary, others have to fly extra training sorties to achieve the results.
IAF lacks advanced trainer, so they have to train on fighter jet. It consumes the fuselage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom