What's new

Suggestion regarding a Gun...

Goritoes

Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
So guys, Firsts of all I am against guns, specially Automatic rifles but recently the city I am working had a shooting that result in one dead and couple injured, my Wife has been trying to get my birthday present so I thought maybe I should buy a Pistol and take classes to how to safely handle a gun? The thing is that I have no idea about guns except that Pistols or handguns usually take 9mm bullets. I don't want to build an arsenal or automatic guns, I just want to get my fear of guns out of me because here you need a gun to protect yourself from muggers, gangs or druggies. My wife think its necessary that one of us know how to handle a gun maturely and my wife don't want it so that has to be me, I just want to know if this would be a good idea and if yes, then Which gun I should go for ? Please don't suggest Automatic rifles, shotguns or hunting rifles , Ak's or snipers , I am only looking for a handgun.

@SQ8 @VCheng @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @Meengla @Oldman1 @FuturePAF @PanzerKiel @The Eagle @MastanKhan

So guys, Firsts of all I am against guns, specially Automatic rifles but recently the city I am working had a shooting that result in one dead and couple injured, my Wife has been trying to get my birthday present so I thought maybe I should buy a Pistol and take classes to how to safely handle a gun? The thing is that I have no idea about guns except that Pistols or handguns usually take 9mm bullets. I don't want to build an arsenal or automatic guns, I just want to get my fear of guns out of me because here you need a gun to protect yourself from muggers, gangs or druggies. My wife think its necessary that one of us know how to handle a gun maturely and my wife don't want it so that has to be me, I just want to know if this would be a good idea and if yes, then Which gun I should go for ? Please don't suggest Automatic rifles, shotguns or hunting rifles , Ak's or snipers , I am only looking for a handgun.

@SQ8 @VCheng @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @Meengla @Oldman1 @FuturePAF @PanzerKiel @The Eagle @MastanKhan

I don't like Revolvers...
You can always try a bazooka
1f183616-0001-0005-0000-000000138919_w420_r1.4788732394366197_fpx43.34_fpy50.jpg

The Americans on this forum are your best bet.

Alternatively just go into a local gunstore.

Or book a day at a gun range, try different ones out.

Do you want to carry on your person or just keep in the house or the car?

The Americans on this forum are your best bet.

Alternatively just go into a local gunstore.

Or book a day at a gun range, try different ones out.

Do you want to carry on your person or just keep in the house or the car?

I am not going to carry, Its only for getting familiar with guns, tackle my fear and make sure whenever we have our own place we can scare the robbers or thieves, I don't want to have rifles or have any interest in hunting animals as well.
Why not?
Ask your employer for a parking space- if they allow it
You're all set

1639991607978.png

Purchasing a gun is easy thing but to be mentally prepared and ready to handle a hand gun is something important to consider before buying decision.

When you are ready, fit enough and about to buy a hand gun, 1. size ........ bigger ones are hard to conceal and carry, 2. something that suits your palm size, 3. barrel warranty, 4. weight, 5. safety features, 5. double action (adds an extra safety measure) or single action 6. trusted and known manufacturers and brands 7. price (all this is in random order)

Once you have bought the weapon get familiar with it, never ever point a gun towards any living being unless you are ready to shoot and harm, finger position always always away from trigger unless again you are ready aimed and willing to harm a living being. Dry firing a weapon helps but in place and location away from others. To be ready to carry a gun you need to be very very aware of your surrounding(s) (situational awareness). And yep hand gun is to be handled using both your hands and not Pakistani wedding style.

And last but not least gun locker. During day time at home, always keep a gun at place where it takes you minimum 10 minutes to reach it (if you are hyper person who gets easily offended increase this to whatever it takes you to calm down and get back to your senses).

Watch a ton loads of quality videos on youtube, some of them are really informative and helpful.

It depends where do you want to use it.
Carry with you, a handgun.
At home, shotgun is good, which won't penetrate the wall. If someone break in, you pick up your shotgun, you don't need to aim at him, just shoot.

My home was almost broken in several years ago, luckily I was awake at 1AM. He escapes, otherwise I will shoot him.

I am not going to carry, Its only for getting familiar with guns, tackle my fear and make sure whenever we have our own place we can scare the robbers or thieves, I don't want to have rifles or have any interest in hunting animals as well.

View attachment 802117
In that case, your best bet is a semi auto or pump action shotgun. When it comes to scaring an intruder,the bigger the better. And you can choose between lighter and more powerful ammunition.
Maarkhor's recommendation has its merits. Revolvers are more reliable than pistols as there wont be any jams . Also if you go with his recommendation, i believe you can use 410 shells or normal bullets both. If you still want a pistol, go with any 9mm from a good brand.

Last edited:
First off, I’m sorry it has had to come to it that you need to get a gun to feel safe, from possible intruders into your home.

Secondly, make sure you are able to secure a gun, if you purchase one. If you have children, make sure you have the means to keep it locked and away from them.

Both you and your wife will need to learn to fire the handgun so you both can understand and appreciate the capabilities of a gun and to get over the fear of using it. The two of you should take a gun safety class, and they would be better able to guide you and deciding what gun fits your needs.

But to your point, I think a Ruger 9mm is probably what your looking for.

I recently did a research to buy a 9mm pistol. I looked at every aspect and the best one i think is canik 9mm. Canik having amazing pistols and price is good as well, they also have good safety. Get any good version of canik 9mm and you will love it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom