What's new

Suggestion regarding a Gun...

A Glock 45 for stopping power, reliability and ease of use bro.

You'd be surprised how much bad guys can absorb.

Or if you want to start light and get used to the workings of a firearm which again is superb for a beginner I'd say the Glock 19.

Dang Grandpa is rocking with that Glock 45 lol and I think SQ8 also suggested Glock 19, if I am not wrong one of the pistol my Father in law has is Glock. I am not gonna lie, my Father in law offer to teach me shooting and handling of the guns, i refused thinking he might think I wanted to learn haha but i think he did have a point when he told me that in America you would need a Gun specially if you are living in a high crime rate city/town.
speaking about what is wrong in the US
@Goritoes @SQ8 @Meengla

"...At least 16 cities and counties are handing out no-strings-attached payments to some low-income residents, a Reuters tally found. At least 31 other local governments plan to do so in the months ahead.

That's a departure from most U.S. anti-poverty programs, which provide benefits for specific needs like groceries or rent and require recipients to hold a job or look for work.

Jonathan Pedro, 37, said he has been able to pay down debt and buy hockey equipment for his 11-year-old son thanks to the $500 monthly checks he gets through a Cambridge, Massachusetts program aimed at single parents."

-------------------------

War on poverty eh..uh huh...

Isn't it great that instead of Cambridge using Taxpayer's money on some worthless endeavor (like helping some homeless person from freezing to death in some back alley by actually doing something to get them off the street)..it was put to a more righteous use on that "poverty" stricken dad on the brink of having his son miss out on playing hockey.

Oh wait Cambridge is helping their homeless not freeze in back alleys
Wow Cambridge..sleeping bags for the homeless..that's so damn thoughtful of a program!! I'm sure you are giving yourselves a pat on the back for that whole 5 minute meeting you spent on best how to solve the issue.

:mad:

This is a problem I see over and over. People's definition of "poor" and "desperate" are really out of whack. Most people are just too soft and don't even know what poor is.

I bet he'll be the next guy in the ICU after not wearing a mask at his son's hockey practice at the local indoor ice rink.

Bro this Biden is turning out to be even dumber than Trump, and his policies are backfiring, I agree in US if you are poor it is because you are not hard working enough, I mean I am a recent immigrant, and just with a basic Production job I can afford a decent car, Phone and even a house If I want to, but I am planning to move.

Your best bet is HCL (Hydrochloric Acid), No mugger can anticipate an acid attack. Keep it in a bottle of Dew and you can perhaps say while panicking “I need water”, And boom

ro this Biden is turning out to be even dumber than Trump, and his policies are backfiring, I agree in US if you are poor it is because you are not hard working enough, I mean I am a recent immigrant, and just with a basic Production job I can afford a decent car, Phone and even a house If I want to, but I am planning to move.

It is true that America is often incredibly cheap! And also almost certainly the country to transform one's fortunes in life. But immigrants, especially those who come to America legally, are vetted through systems to be generally educated and industrious--their success is not surprising when given opportunities. A lot of native born poor Americans could also move up but I think their lack of similar success has more to do with broken families and not proper upbringing. A common factor for the lack of success among such people I have observed is getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant way early in life. Otherwise, poor people in America most of the time do work hard but in construction jobs, assembly line work, shelving stores, cashiers, fast food restaurants...

So guys, Firsts of all I am against guns, specially Automatic rifles but recently the city I am working had a shooting that result in one dead and couple injured, my Wife has been trying to get my birthday present so I thought maybe I should buy a Pistol and take classes to how to safely handle a gun? The thing is that I have no idea about guns except that Pistols or handguns usually take 9mm bullets. I don't want to build an arsenal or automatic guns, I just want to get my fear of guns out of me because here you need a gun to protect yourself from muggers, gangs or druggies. My wife think its necessary that one of us know how to handle a gun maturely and my wife don't want it so that has to be me, I just want to know if this would be a good idea and if yes, then Which gun I should go for ? Please don't suggest Automatic rifles, shotguns or hunting rifles , Ak's or snipers , I am only looking for a handgun.

@SQ8 @VCheng @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @Meengla @Oldman1 @FuturePAF @PanzerKiel @The Eagle @MastanKhan
Well..

My recommendation - get her a CZ-83. You wont regret this gun for a lady. Simple - easy and fits in the hand perfect.
A Glock 45 for stopping power, reliability and ease of use bro.

You'd be surprised how much bad guys can absorb.

Or if you want to start light and get used to the workings of a firearm which again is superb for a beginner I'd say the Glock 19.

Waz... bro... that is huge piece.. I always found glocks to be very large for my hand. Hence always prefered CZs. For a lady.. this may be a tad bit big - not so?

but then again... if my late grand mother (bless her soul) was to see me write this... she would have given a swipe at me... she used .303 :)

So guys, Firsts of all I am against guns, specially Automatic rifles but recently the city I am working had a shooting that result in one dead and couple injured, my Wife has been trying to get my birthday present so I thought maybe I should buy a Pistol and take classes to how to safely handle a gun? The thing is that I have no idea about guns except that Pistols or handguns usually take 9mm bullets. I don't want to build an arsenal or automatic guns, I just want to get my fear of guns out of me because here you need a gun to protect yourself from muggers, gangs or druggies. My wife think its necessary that one of us know how to handle a gun maturely and my wife don't want it so that has to be me, I just want to know if this would be a good idea and if yes, then Which gun I should go for ? Please don't suggest Automatic rifles, shotguns or hunting rifles , Ak's or snipers , I am only looking for a handgun.

@SQ8 @VCheng @F-22Raptor @Hamartia Antidote @Meengla @Oldman1 @FuturePAF @PanzerKiel @The Eagle @MastanKhan
From your flag i believe your are in USA. Get a Glock-19 MOS Gen 5 and you will be good to go.

From your flag i believe your are in USA. Get a Glock-19 MOS Gen 5 and you will be good to go.

Yep, but I saw some glock-19's damn they are over 400$ :(
It is true that America is often incredibly cheap! And also almost certainly the country to transform one's fortunes in life. But immigrants, especially those who come to America legally, are vetted through systems to be generally educated and industrious--their success is not surprising when given opportunities. A lot of native born poor Americans could also move up but I think their lack of similar success has more to do with broken families and not proper upbringing. A common factor for the lack of success among such people I have observed is getting pregnant or getting someone pregnant way early in life. Otherwise, poor people in America most of the time do work hard but in construction jobs, assembly line work, shelving stores, cashiers, fast food restaurants...

Messed up families and relationship are the biggest reasons for a lot of Americans to give up of a decent career and end up a druggie.

I skipped the in class training and just watch videos to save money. They will just teach you the basics of shooting and the mechanics of the gun as well as safety. Only reason to go is the gun range so you know how it feels to shoot. I recommend these videos to understand the handgun and how to shoot it. As other posters mentioned, Glocks or other handguns are good, I recommend the Taurus G3, most likely full size since you are leaving it at home and not for self defense, also it has a thumb safety which I would recommend for someone not familiar with firearms. Which by the way since you are not doing conceal carry, you don't have to take that class either. Recommend you have a small gun safe just in case you have kids at your place whether your own kids or kids coming to visit. Recommend you practice dry firing (pulling the trigger with no rounds in the handgun or the magazine) your weapon to learn and be confident of your weapon. It's just a tool and have to learn how to handle it.

Messed up families and relationship are the biggest reasons for a lot of Americans to give up of a decent career and end up a druggie.

$400 is nothing when you consider the lifetime of the weapon.

Home protection or Conceal Carry (i.e. wearing it on you)?

Around $4k+ in Pakistan.

$350-$450 is standard price range in US.

I would not advise a striker fired pistol (such as glock) as first unless you get proper training at range with the striker fired pistol you intend to buy.

Any idea about the price range of Beretta 92FS Parabellum- Italian price in Pakistan! The original one not the copies. Or can the members here guide me a reliable/legal seller in twin cities or Lahore region.

Thanks in advance

@Verve @Goritoes @313ghazi @waz

Back
Top Bottom