What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
both are toys when you compare with f22

you can compare planes on sky

both are toys when you compare with f22

you can compare planes on sky

Judging from your avitar you probably still play with toys :lol: BTW thanks for your overwhelming technical knowledge :tup:

Judging from your avitar you probably still play with toys :lol: BTW thanks for your overwhelming technical knowledge :tup:

well i know su30 is good plane and no doubt on it

but u know on this thread guys are fighting like kids that why i told

I think PAF FAN BOYS ARE HAPPY WITH their new Thunder.

I KNOW THE IAF FAN BOYS are very happy with SU30MKI

We are all happy now !!!!!!!!

thread should be closed

any one wana to say anything

So you have reached the conclusion. Better never open this thread again.

And this thread is about Su-30MKI and JF-17. Why you brought F-22 here?

I think the purpose of this thread is to explore how the PAF JF-17 would best counter the very genuine IAF Su-30 MKI threat...that is an interesting topic and worth discussing.

It is not about being better or worse individually, our discussion should be about tactics most likely to be used by both fighters and what can go wrong for them in an engagement.

JF17 counter Su30 MKI

Requirement "Not possible"
Technically "Possible"

well the JF-17 has about the capability of the first F-16s but is not as agile.

However that makes little difference as the Su-30 is more manuevrable than both the JF17 and the first F16s .

The su 30 has longer range radar and better weapons too..

I can imagine that the best way to deal with a better plane is tactics...
it is interesting to note the ussr manual on Mig 23 engaging F 16s and F15s

although the Mig 23 was quite agile (not as much as the F16) and with good transonic and subsonic acceleration and spotted an IRST tracker the decision was made to use high speed dash tactics...
were the MiG23s would accelerate in high mach, then attempt to get a radar lock on or similar and fire missiles and then immediattely break off maintaining high speed to evade counter missile launches..
multiple attempts were thought to achieve some kills and disrupt the mission ..
I don't know more specifics...
I suppose the JF17 pilots could take advantage of numbers and terrain to ambush su 30s

PAF can Play Thunder vs Sukhoi game easily or can evaluate it,in Sino-Pak joint exercise or Pak-Iran joint exercise BUT there isnt any Chance within 10-20 years for India so they could check Thunder,until Pakistan export this aircraft to any other country and India jumps in there.that why it would take 10-15 years minimum.

i know some indian bro wont agree with my point and would reply that
"WE REALLY DONT WANA CHECK THIS CRAP OUT":no:
so im posting this video very early in reply.CUZ INDIANS ARE REALLY WORRY..:pop:

Last edited by a moderator:
The su 30 has longer range radar and better weapons too..

yup you are right. JF-17 must must cash RCS disadvantage of Su-30 MKI. Either through AWACS or through better radar. This can help it. Currently its radar has the range of 105 km for 5m^2 RCS. For 10.2 its detection range must be greater.

The best way to play a good fast bowler is from the non strikers end say even the best of batsmen. Trouble is how to get to the non strikers end?
Awacs can help but I think india is getting that Awacs killer missile from russia.

Hmmm pretty difficult for the thunder to get anywhere close to the MKI.

Awacs can help but I think india is getting that Awacs killer missile from russia.

Hmmm pretty difficult for the thunder to get anywhere close to the MKI.

Thats what I want to say. Bigger RCS of MKI will allow AWACS to keep itself away from drama still paticipating in the drama. Cure of AWACS killer :azn:

Would think that if the PAF has some (even limited) awacs capability , then the f17s can get the terrain advantage, hidding close to the mountains and dash upwards to launch ...

can't see other way against the su 30 at the moment...
its just too good all around...
perhaps if PAF had some used F 15s !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom