What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Su-30MKI performs maneuver "Culbit" on MAKS-2005

Watch this video people and then try to compare the jf-17 with the MKI, please there is no comparison, The MKI is truly a masterful jet. The jf-17 is good but comparing it with an MKI is a joke , next someone will start comparing the JF-17 with the F-22, and I am 100% sure that some JF-17 fanboy can even pull that off lol

Our fan boys have yet not reached the same level as that of their Indian counter parts. By the way JF-17 versus an MKI is not like JF-17 versus an F-22 unless you are implying MKI to be an equivalent to the F-22 as stated my various Indian fan boys on numerous forums.

Last edited:
Our fan boys have yet not reached the same level as that of their Indian counter parts. By the way JF-17 versus an MKI is not like JF-17 versus an F-22 unless you are implying MKI to be an equivalent to the MKI as stated my various Indian fan boys on numerous forums.
I have no idea why people consistently fail to realise the facts on the ground.
This has to be my last reply on this vulgar thread with a bottom line:

Both MKI and JF-17 and of different league.
You are comparing apples with oranges.
Apples need to be compared with apple themself and same goes with oranges.period:cheers::cheers::cheers:

If the upgrades mentioned in this thread are as good as suggested SU30MKI will be A match for any fighter in the world bar the 5th generation F22/JSF. IMO..

Remember we are talking about a new Aesa Radar that tracks at 400km with a new ramjet missles which can strike at well over 200km. Couple this to new smart skins reducing RCS to a fraction of todays mki you have a genuine late
4th gen multi role fighter in the class of rafael and typhoon.

Our fan boys have yet not reached the same level as that of their Indian counter parts. By the way JF-17 versus an MKI is not like JF-17 versus an F-22 unless you are implying MKI to be an equivalent to the MKI as stated my various Indian fan boys on numerous forums.

Icecold... Bro the MKI in its current form has been consistently regarded as the 2nd or 3rd best (depends on who you speak to) operational fighters in the world today by pilots and other military professionals (F35 is still not in production). With its upgrades it will prove even more lethal. F22 is of a different generation and is miles ahead of any other aircraft on this planet. Similarly let the JF17 first develop to its Blk 3 version and gain some combat experience and become a mature platform. Only then can we compare it to other aircraft, as we are not yet aware of its actual capabilities.

Time for fanboys on both sides to take a chill-pill.

I have no idea why people consistently fail to realise the facts on the ground.
This has to be my last reply on this vulgar thread with a bottom line:

Both MKI and JF-17 and of different league.
You are comparing apples with oranges.
Apples need to be compared with apple themself and same goes with oranges.period:cheers::cheers::cheers:

I am not comparing anything with anything, was merely replying to some BS which i could not take it anymore. As for the comparison you are more then welcome to go through the thread and read my various post where i have stated numerously that the comparison does not make sense between the two jets and i still stand by that.

Icecold... Bro the MKI in its current form has been consistently regarded as the 2nd or 3rd best (depends on who you speak to) operational fighters in the world today by pilots and other military professionals (F35 is still not in production). With its upgrades it will prove even more lethal. F22 is of a different generation and is miles ahead of any other aircraft on this planet. Similarly let the JF17 first develop to its Blk 3 version and gain some combat experience and become a mature platform. Only then can we compare it to other aircraft, as we are not yet aware of its actual capabilities.

Time for fanboys on both sides to take a chill-pill.

Ironically you are mentioning MKI upgrades and yet are not willing to accept the same for the JF-17.
By the way what combat record does the MKI possess. Pardon my ignorance on the matter.

but yes i agree MKI is a more mature product and thunder has a lots and lots of potential. Recently I saw a snap of thunder with Delta Canard Configuration. It would be for adopting the configurations of Grippen IMHO

Ice Cold

both are combat 'virgins' as of yet ..... speculations can be amusing at times ...

Hellfire, the SU30 MKI is derived from the SU27 Flanker family of aircraft which has seen combat action albeit though not on a big scale. The MKI has never directly been involved in any action. The JF-17 is a completely new platform.

Ironically you are mentioning MKI upgrades and yet are not willing to accept the same for the JF-17.
By the way what combat record does the MKI possess. Pardon my ignorance on the matter.

"Bro the MKI in its current form".

I have stated that in its current configuration, it is regarded as one of the best in the world and is a mature platform. I have accepted that the JF17 will be upgraded to Blk 3 and that we should wait to see the final product on both sides.

The MKI upgrade does not any vendors to choose from as it will be upgraded by the Russians using technology derived from the Pak-Fa project. Similarly, the JF17 has various options as they are going to integrate western technology in the aircraft and final vendors have not been chosen yet regarding radar, avionics, etc

Just clarifyng :cheers:

Su-30MKI performs maneuver "Culbit" on MAKS-2005

Watch this video people and then try to compare the jf-17 with the MKI, please there is no comparison, The MKI is truly a masterful jet. The jf-17 is good but comparing it with an MKI is a joke , next someone will start comparing the JF-17 with the F-22, and I am 100% sure that some JF-17 fanboy can even pull that off lol

None of the maneuvers performed in the video will help in the actual combat,even a moron will know that.

MY GOD....you boys still go on and on with your measuring contest don't you!!!!

see its simple the F-16 started of as a cheap light weight combat aircraft.... and look at how far it has come in so many years!!!!

now the MKI in ITS CURRENT STATE is atleast 3 stages ahead of the JF....JF-17 in ITS CURRENT state is a light weight fighter....that will improve with time but currently like i said before MKI is the MIKE TYSON and our JF is AMIR KHAN and unless we send up a pack of JFs to confront the MKI the JF will be out classed easily...

now sometimes you gotta take things right in the face....and guys please can we LEAVE FUTURE to where it belongs in the FUTURE..... hopefully both aircrafts will develop further but for the time being currently on paper the competition is marginally in favour of the MKI.....

Marginally in favour of mki.

Who you kidding buddy..

The flankers are rated as awesome fighter planes one look at the flanker design you immediately know you are looking at a true 4th generation fighter.

The Austrillians and Americans are worried sick about the flanker threat from south East Asia thats why theres dozens of studies re Flanker threat.

----------------------------

Now the SU30MKI is the super flanker ie the most advanced flanker in the world almost comprable to the soon to be inducted su35B.

Can you people honestly say that a Thunder even looks like a fighter from the same generation (4th) let alone the tech gap/power/ which is huge in some areas.

Thunder doesnt even exist as a weapons system as yet whereas Flankers is Russia best export fighter ever with over 1500 in service worldwide.

Its a silly futile comparison.

MKI v F16/52/60 or indeed J10 wud have been a better topic

Marginally in favour of mki.

Who you kidding buddy..

The flankers are rated as awesome fighter planes one look at the flanker design you immediately know you are looking at a true 4th generation fighter.

The Austrillians and Americans are worried sick about the flanker threat from south East Asia thats why theres dozens of studies re Flanker threat.

----------------------------

Now the SU30MKI is the super flanker ie the most advanced flanker in the world almost comprable to the soon to be inducted su35B.

Can you people honestly say that a Thunder even looks like a fighter from the same generation (4th) let alone the tech gap/power/ which is huge in some areas.

Thunder doesnt even exist as a weapons system as yet whereas Flankers is Russia best export fighter ever with over 1500 in service worldwide.

Its a silly futile comparison.

MKI v F16/52/60 or indeed J10 wud have been a better topic

Well i appreciate that mki is superior in performance and has better radar etc. However it serves the iaf airforce needs well and thunder is designed to cater for paf needs.

Thunder is an ongoing project and realistictly its not trying to outdo mki, but its more a indigenous attempt to replace our ageing fleet with a decent fighter that serves our needs and having BVR ability this will be a major boost.

Jf17 does more then serving our needs, it gives us a system that we can improve along the way and is sanction proof. To counter mki of iaf pakistan is looking at other options such as j10 which will be more then sufficent to restore some edge.

By the way we just dont a plane to look pretty cuz that will be plane stupid, we want a reliable system that works for us even if jf17 aint that pretty.

Last edited:
Young Khan Good post regards Thunder project and its aims

esp Comments like

Thunder is an ongoing project and realistictly its not trying to outdo mki, but its more a indigenous attempt to replace our ageing fleet with a decent fighter that serves our needs and having BVR ability this will be a major boost.

Re Your comment about looking pretty.

Sorry the point i meant was the design ie the TVC and cannards and the large double tail fins and sleek fuselage. This is common among true 4 gen fighters ie Gripen Rafael & Typhoon.

Thunder in its design concept is more like F5 tigershark which lost out to F16 design as USA new 4 gen fighter in late 70s...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom