What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sir i just told the truth hehe. Please dont get offended. In a way am the one who got offended by reading sukhoi-30MKI vs JF-17 sir hehe.

While the comparision does not make sense as both fighter jet belong to different roles in their respective airforce, your remark however was a long over rated shot. Remember when ever a JF-17 comes across an MKI it will not be like two men fighting one on one, there will be alot of factors involved which will decide the out come of that fight. Hope you get the clue.

While the comparision does not make sense as both fighter jet belong to different roles in their respective airforce, your remark however was a long over rated shot. Remember when ever a JF-17 comes across an MKI it will not be like two men fighting one on one, there will be alot of factors involved which will decide the out come of that fight. Hope you get the clue.

No sir i didn't get the clue. Please try to explain in a simple way like which jet fighter will drop dead in dog fight and if winner is JF-17 then sir i would like to know on which planet does JF-17 been build? Hehe thank you.

The roles are the same i think.

but

SU30MKI is far closer in profile to F15 F18 Rafale & Typhoon because its twin engined multi role fighter.

JF17 is closer in profile to F16 J10 & mirage being single engined multi role.

Who would win ???

The poster who said too many variables to say who wins is correct !!!

but all things being equal ie numbers of planes same awacs support and same height and speed i think the plane with more radar coverage more weapons and better electroincs will have the edge.

Does your thinking really matter or is it because JF-17 is a reality while LCA on the other hand is still a pipe dream, you come out with a rubbish post like this. Get over the self superiority complex and face the reality.

I agree with the original poster on lines that the comparision between JF-17 and MKI does not make sense because both the planes are meant for different missions and needs of two different airforce.

Thank you for agreeing with me my Pakistani brother, but again please don’t turn this into a india vs pakistan thread. We are just comparing these two wonderful jets for the sake of knowledge and fun. I hope everyone agrees with that, no hard feelings here :)

but

SU30MKI is far closer in profile to F15 F18 Rafale & Typhoon because its twin engined multi role fighter.

JF17 is closer in profile to F16 J10 & mirage being single engined multi role.

Who would win ???

The poster who said too many variables to say who wins is correct !!!

but all things being equal ie numbers of planes same awacs support and same height and speed i think the plane with more radar coverage more weapons and better electroincs will have the edge.

Sir am bit shocked. i have read in this forum JF-17 vs F-16. Pakistanis vote went to F-16 and most of them said comparing JF-17 with F-16 is a joke. While while mig29 was build to take on F-16 and not sukhoi-30MKI. so when F-16 cant match sukhoi-30MKI then why JF-17 been compared with sukhoi-30MKI? Sir better ask PAF why they want more F-16s then JF-17. JF-17 is in catogory of LCA. They are produced in large number. Even LCA avionics will be far better then JF-17. even chinese airforce dont have JF-17 because its export product. please dont keep JF-17 in F-16 catogory sir. Better read JF-17 vs F-16 and you will know the answer. Thank you.

What i think is that this thread is totally wrong. The jf-17 is pakistans replacement for its aging fleet of J-7 and mirage planes. It will be inducted in large numbers ( around 250 im guessing eventually ), and it will be based on the principle of defeating the enemy using quantity , just like how India currently uses its mig-21’s. The JF-17 is a very good plane with good avionics but is still in its infancy and still needs to get more teeth to take on beast like the su-30mki. JF-17 is supposed to be an interceptor just like India’s mig 21’s, and not go out to hunt other planes on a attacking role. I think that gap would be filled by F-16 and in the future by J-10.
On the other hand the MKI is air dominance fighter and only true 4.5 generation aircraft in the subcontinent. Its meant to be big, give out a huge RCS and scare the opponent away. Equipped with Israeli and Indian avionics, the mki is easily the best in the area. The only thing that currently comes close is the su-30’s that China has but even they are not as good as the MKI because of the absence of the Israeli avionics. Costing close to $50 million per piece it can no where be compared to the JF-17 which cost less than half that amount. The MKI is always been rated among the best in the world and among the few aircrafts that totally dominate the ski when flying.
It would be more fair to compare the JF-17 with maybe one of the planes that India plans to get for its mrca program or even the LCA.
I am not here to condemn any nation, the JF-17 is a wonderful aircraft, but I am just saying that please do not disregard the MKI just because of patriotism as there is little doubt that its an amazing piece of machinery and easily among the best.
Feel free to disagree 

Here is a bit of information that is important in this kind of discussions...

Air dominance -- The amount and frequency of air assets that one side, at ANY time, can deploy over a region. It does not automatically equate to victory every time there is a fight, but it does force the inferior side to change tactics and plans for the war.

Air superiority -- The ability of one side to achieve consistent battle victories over an area and whose losses, if any, does NOT affect its ability to achieve the same condition over time, meaning that if this side leave the airspace and return to the same area the next day, it will regain control of that airspace, with or without losses, and those losses will not give the enemy any advantages or even a potential to change the condition.

Air supremacy -- He flies, he dies. Simple as that. Naturally...One should have air supremacy over one's territorial airspace.

Equipments and how they are used determined if any side can achieve any of the above conditions.

Sir am bit shocked. i have read in this forum JF-17 vs F-16. Pakistanis vote went to F-16 and most of them said comparing JF-17 with F-16 is a joke. While while mig29 was build to take on F-16 and not sukhoi-30MKI. so when F-16 cant match sukhoi-30MKI then why JF-17 been compared with sukhoi-30MKI? Sir better ask PAF why they want more F-16s then JF-17. JF-17 is in catogory of LCA. They are produced in large number. Even LCA avionics will be far better then JF-17. even chinese airforce dont have JF-17 because its export product. please dont keep JF-17 in F-16 catogory sir. Better read JF-17 vs F-16 and you will know the answer. Thank you.

this is Sir Murad answer to another poster in thread Pakistan's Top Gun Obsession who said similar to what you just said above, i am posting it here for your convenience:

Jesus Christ:lol: where did you come up with this theory, You and 99% Pakistanis have not seen its capabilities nor do people know about its new avionics and weapon systems so I would avoid making such claims.

I am not here to condemn any nation, the JF-17 is a wonderful aircraft, but I am just saying that please do not disregard the MKI just because of patriotism as there is little doubt that its an amazing piece of machinery and easily among the best.
Feel free to disagree 

No sane Pakistani has ever disregarded the MKI out of sheer patriotism and ignorance. MKI is a superb plane and indeed a threat for the PAF, no one has ever denied this fact. When we discuss JF-17 or for that matter any other plane it does not mean we are disregarding the MKI but instead discussing options that PAF has once a situation arises where we need to counter IAF.

I to be honest.... JF-17 has no chanse against The sukhoi MKI .... But It all depends upon the pilot....

I would argue, the reason for my argument would be that JF-17 will be primarily used in air defence role with secondary role as a strike jet where as the MKI would be used for deep penetration stirke missions into the enemy territory.

I to be honest.... JF-17 has no chanse against The sukhoi MKI .... But It all depends upon the pilot....

Really? any logic behind or just an ignornat assumption based on BR facts.:rolleyes:

dude, you need to read the Whole thread before posting these stupid comments :wave:

Ahh... so su-30 faring bad in red flag was merely a poor piloting!

JF-17 may have lesser chance against any bvr so does is su-30 chances.
Jf-17 has inferior radar but it is very much off set by its smaller size and vice versa.

Now... when we talk about pure dog fight with guns... su-30 is a dead meat before it begins.
Off course this may happen rarely in modern warfare but it will happen every time su-30 cross the line.

This concludes that su-30 is not going to help win battels for india inside Pakistan air space.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom