What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
why dint USSR use nukes then? dont be :crazy:

was there a conventional war between US and USSR? if there was plz let me know about it as well :angel:

back to the topic
hay guyz can any one confirm the roumers about delay of induction of FC-20? i heard that PAF is going to get them with ToT and futhermore that another Sino-Pak fighter is scheduled to be revealed on 2012 any updates?

For MKI fans
with Ra'ad ALCM in PAF arsenal PAF jets would be saying "asta lavesta baby" before MKI would even see them or even taken off
I doubt IAF would bring this valuable asset to FOBs to aviod these "4.75 gen" fighthers to be destroyed on ground so long for R-77 "boostings"

Last edited:
The FOBs operate mainly the interceptors. How is the Ra'ad ALCM a threat for Su 30 MKI?

The FOBs operate mainly the interceptors. How is the Ra'ad ALCM a threat for Su 30 MKI?

Dont tell me IAF needs 230 MKIs for Deep srtikes/Bombing only and as far as second part is concerned I guess your right MKI can be parked in air.

Last edited:
was there a conventional war between US and USSR? if there was plz let me know about it as well :angel:

back to the topic
hay guyz can any one confirm the roumers about delay of induction of FC-20? i heard that PAF is going to get them with ToT and futhermore that another Sino-Pak fighter is scheduled to be revealed on 2012 any updates?

For MKI fans
with Ra'ad ALCM in PAF arsenal PAF jets would be saying "asta lavesta baby" before MKI would even see them or even taken off
I doubt IAF would bring this valuable asset to FOBs to aviod these "4.75 gen" fighthers to be destroyed on ground so long for R-77 "boostings"

that ra'ad would be spotted as soon as its launched and dont forget the spyder system able to shoot down slow cruise missiles and ra'ad doesn't even fly supersonic

if that does happen than expect a salvo of brahmos at ur bases that's at least 2-3x larger.

and u cant defend against that since it flies mach 3.

back to the topic

For MKI fans

I think you better deal with off topic's..

that ra'ad would be spotted as soon as its launched and dont forget the spyder system able to shoot down slow cruise missiles and ra'ad doesn't even fly supersonic

if that does happen than expect a salvo of brahmos at ur bases that's at least 2-3x larger.

and u cant defend against that since it flies mach 3.

Ok the original poster did spout a load of rubbish but seriously "can't defend against it because it flies mach 3":rolleyes:

back to the topic

For MKI fans

Hasnain I suggest a lot more study before you keep posting more rubbish. Take this as a warning.

Hasnain I suggest a lot more study before you keep posting more rubbish. Take this as a warning.

oh! ryt:undecided:
study? by this you mean documents or posts on other forums?
but there is another very good trait known as RESPECT I hope your familliar with the concept (if it seems rude which it is certainly not please pardon me)

Last edited:
oh! ryt:undecided:
study? by this you mean documents or posts on other forums?
but there is another very good trait known as RESPECT I hope your familliar with the concept (if it seems rude which it is certainly not please pardon me)

Respect is earned. And it is earned here by learning and posting in a useful manner. Posting rubbish will merely earn you scorn.. Now I would take the advice I have given you.

Hi Guys
I am new to this website and i must say its very very interesting, the only thing that bothers me is that every thread turns into an India vs Pakistan thread and the language can be offensive sometimes, all i can say that we are here to discuss meaningfully and lets just keep it at that.

In regards to the topic it is important to understand the difference between the jf-17 and the su-20mkk or mki.

JF-17 is a Originally designed to be a small and capable light-weight fighter powered by a single engine to reduce costs, the JF-17 was supposed to be a simple and inexpensive solution for replacing large fleets of obsolete types in the air forces of developing countries. The JF-17 evolved into a more advanced fighter during the later stages of development with revised terms of reference by the Pakistan Air Force and the incorporation of more modern features and technologies.

this is as it is quoted by wiki and i get similar info from other websites also that i can say are pretty neutral.

The su-30mki is (NATO reporting name Flanker-H) is a variant of the Sukhoi Su-30 jointly-developed by Russia's Sukhoi Corporation and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF). It is an air superiority fighter which can also act as a multirole, strike fighter jet.

The development of the variant started after India signed a deal with Russia in 2000 to manufacture 140 Su-30 fighter jets.[3] The first Russian-made Su-30MKI variant was integrated into the IAF in 2002,[4] while the first indigenous Su-30MKI entered service with the IAF in 2004.[5] In 2007, the IAF ordered 40 additional MKIs.[6] As of July 2009, the IAF has 98 MKIs under active service and it plans to have an operational fleet of 230 MKIs by 2015

Capable of carrying nuclear weapons and tailor-made for Indian specifications, the fighter jet integrates Indian systems and avionics.[8] It also contains French and Israeli subsystems.[9] The MKI variant features several improvements over the basic K and MK variants and is classified as a 4.5 generation fighter.[10][11] Due to similar features and components, the MKI variant is often considered to be a customized Indian variant of the Sukhoi Su-35.

i have just quoted wiki as i dont want to type everything i already know.

jf-17 cannot be compared in anyway to the MKI as its not even in the same class of fighters. The MKI is a 4.5 generation fighter as confirmed by many sources and the Russian have admitted themselves that its the best jet they have ever made (i will get you the link ). Equipped with Isrealy electronics and fine tuned to Indian needs the MKI is truly the most dominant fighter in the region and among the 5 best in the world. With almost 250 planned to be part of the IAF, it will truly give India the edge over the PAF.

JF-17 is amazing achievement for Pakistan to make the full aircraft themselves and will give them a nice start in terms of making a good fighter jet in the future, but it cannot be compared to a MKI. JF-17 is a low cost alternative for nations that cannot afford to buy modern generation aircrafts. I know everyone will say that JF-17 will get this or that in the futue but as of now there is not comparison. It better off to compare the MKI with a j10(Even which i dont think is good enough) or maybe j-xxx whenever that jet acutally comes to being.

I hope guys agree, feel free to prove me wrong ( constructively lol )

Hi Guys
I am new to this website and i must say its very very interesting, the only thing that bothers me is that every thread turns into an India vs Pakistan thread and the language can be offensive sometimes, all i can say that we are here to discuss meaningfully and lets just keep it at that.

In regards to the topic it is important to understand the difference between the jf-17 and the su-20mkk or mki.

JF-17 is a Originally designed to be a small and capable light-weight fighter powered by a single engine to reduce costs, the JF-17 was supposed to be a simple and inexpensive solution for replacing large fleets of obsolete types in the air forces of developing countries. The JF-17 evolved into a more advanced fighter during the later stages of development with revised terms of reference by the Pakistan Air Force and the incorporation of more modern features and technologies.

this is as it is quoted by wiki and i get similar info from other websites also that i can say are pretty neutral.

The su-30mki is (NATO reporting name Flanker-H) is a variant of the Sukhoi Su-30 jointly-developed by Russia's Sukhoi Corporation and India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF). It is an air superiority fighter which can also act as a multirole, strike fighter jet.

The development of the variant started after India signed a deal with Russia in 2000 to manufacture 140 Su-30 fighter jets.[3] The first Russian-made Su-30MKI variant was integrated into the IAF in 2002,[4] while the first indigenous Su-30MKI entered service with the IAF in 2004.[5] In 2007, the IAF ordered 40 additional MKIs.[6] As of July 2009, the IAF has 98 MKIs under active service and it plans to have an operational fleet of 230 MKIs by 2015

Capable of carrying nuclear weapons and tailor-made for Indian specifications, the fighter jet integrates Indian systems and avionics.[8] It also contains French and Israeli subsystems.[9] The MKI variant features several improvements over the basic K and MK variants and is classified as a 4.5 generation fighter.[10][11] Due to similar features and components, the MKI variant is often considered to be a customized Indian variant of the Sukhoi Su-35.

i have just quoted wiki as i dont want to type everything i already know.

jf-17 cannot be compared in anyway to the MKI as its not even in the same class of fighters. The MKI is a 4.5 generation fighter as confirmed by many sources and the Russian have admitted themselves that its the best jet they have ever made (i will get you the link ). Equipped with Isrealy electronics and fine tuned to Indian needs the MKI is truly the most dominant fighter in the region and among the 5 best in the world. With almost 250 planned to be part of the IAF, it will truly give India the edge over the PAF.

JF-17 is amazing achievement for Pakistan to make the full aircraft themselves and will give them a nice start in terms of making a good fighter jet in the future, but it cannot be compared to a MKI. JF-17 is a low cost alternative for nations that cannot afford to buy modern generation aircrafts. I know everyone will say that JF-17 will get this or that in the futue but as of now there is not comparison. It better off to compare the MKI with a j10(Even which i dont think is good enough) or maybe j-xxx whenever that jet acutally comes to being.

I hope guys agree, feel free to prove me wrong ( constructively lol )

I dont think that Pakistan had made Jf-17 aur has played any role in any of its part. They simply shared the funding.(I guess:cheers:)

I dont think that Pakistan had made Jf-17 aur has played any role in any of its part. They simply shared the funding.(I guess:cheers:)

Does your thinking really matter or is it because JF-17 is a reality while LCA on the other hand is still a pipe dream, you come out with a rubbish post like this. Get over the self superiority complex and face the reality.

I agree with the original poster on lines that the comparision between JF-17 and MKI does not make sense because both the planes are meant for different missions and needs of two different airforce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom