What's new

Su-30MKI & JF-17 Air Fight

Status
Not open for further replies.
My my that was a mistake ,, thanx for pointing out
I was comparing it with Su 30 in terms of upgrades . Yes the size of the plane and its nose does matter when installing radar, its powerful computer and cooling solutions and other paraphanelia.

There is no POWERFUL computer in the planes. Installing radar proportional to the size of the plane does matter.. every kid knows that. Cooling solutions exist in every other plane. There is no such thing as "other paraphanelia".

In case you are talking about France I don't see AESA coming soon nor do I see them delivering the AESA when it is developed, however I am sure that PESA currently serving in Rafale is a good radar and will definitely be on offer, that said I dont see that happening in case India goes for Rfale

That is your wishful thinking and your beliefs. Keep it to yourself unless you can provide credible sources to pre-judge the political maneuvers, because the last time i heard Russian President "personally" approved the engines for the JF-17 aircraft. Do provide your sources stating that it will not happen when it is required by the PAF.

AoA
JF-17 will get Aim-120 C5. Where are you getting this from??

JF-17 is unlikely to use the AIM-120C5 due to the other options available as well as because diversifying sources. However, one will not be surprised if a proper solution to integrate the missile with the Western radar is available.

There is no POWERFUL computer in the planes. Installing radar proportional to the size of the plane does matter.. every kid knows that. Cooling solutions exist in every other plane. There is no such thing as "other paraphanelia".

Yes there are computers, powerful computational architecture allows faster processing of aesa information, Aesa is not the holy grail, it requires powerful computational architecture to process the information.

Good that you know what everybody knows , which means Su will have a bigger radar and more modules .

Yes there are other paraphenilia, sensors suites ect, any decent 4.5 gen plane has a lot of sensors eg rafale has spectra etc.

That is your wishful thinking and your beliefs. Keep it to yourself unless you can provide credible sources to pre-judge the political maneuvers

Thanx , shows you are whishful not me, care to provide proff that Rfales Aesa has is ready and has been tested, in case you cant never mind replying.

Aim 120 cannot be easily integrated unless LM allows to go ahead.

AMRAAM120c will be equiped on the F-16s, as far as JF-17 is concerned, we have SD-10 and infuture we may also have MICA as negotiations are on their way. Besides if we also incooperate RC-400 we might get the go ahead for integrating the 120c to the JF-17 because in this case there will be no chinese involvement in the issue.But still even if it doesnt,we still have enough punch with SD-10 and MICA on the JF-17.

AMRAAM120c will be equiped on the F-16s, as far as JF-17 is concerned, we have SD-10 and infuture we may also have MICA as negotiations are on their way. Besides if we also incooperate RC-400 we might get the go ahead for integrating the 120c to the JF-17 because in this case there will be no chinese involvement in the issue.But still even if it doesnt,we still have enough punch with SD-10 and MICA on the JF-17.

I did not say anything to the contrary. I am not sure about SD 10 I think at best it will be comparable to Russian missiles in terms of performance, however MICA will be a good addition,

Can you clarify , why is Pakistan going for two BVR platforms , when they have MICA whsy should they go for SD 10, or is it that SD 10 will be employed in the first fifty lot that will arrive with Chinese avionics and the rest will have MICA. Please do clarify.

Also I though that RBE2 passive scanned array radar installed in Rafale was offered and I though that that slowly when the Active scanned version is ready , they would be on offer too. Can you also clarify exactly what was on offer from the French in terms of avionics.

Thanx

SU-30 mki
max speed: 2.3
range: 3,000 km
F-22
max spped: 2 / 1.7 at cruise speed.
range: 3,290 km

F-22 is able to exert appropriate maneuvers to pull out of danger or engage in a dominate position..
where as fancy stunts by Su-family will not have much effectiveness in BVR era with 5th gen aircrafts, though good for air shows...

It makes more sense in BVR arena Heard of Head-on and tail-tail chase?
basically a super maneuverable craft can outrun AAM's

Su-30 mki is from flanker family su-35 so no need for IAF to even consider it for MRCA.

and why not??

and if you are going to make such statements like F-18 is not in the same league as mki then please elaborate!

answer above please and then get back.,

MKI is a good option for IAF....as MRCA.

MKI is an airdominance fighter with secondary strike role, also it is a heavy fighter and its runnuing costs are high.

The Iaf is looking for medium class plane with primay strike role, in short a high tech bomb truck.

IAF is looking towards a force structure of light medium and heavy class fighters.

I did not say anything to the contrary. I am not sure about SD 10 I think at best it will be comparable to Russian missiles in terms of performance, however MICA will be a good addition,

Can you clarify , why is Pakistan going for two BVR platforms , when they have MICA whsy should they go for SD 10, or is it that SD 10 will be employed in the first fifty lot that will arrive with Chinese avionics and the rest will have MICA. Please do clarify.

Also I though that RBE2 passive scanned array radar installed in Rafale was offered and I though that that slowly when the Active scanned version is ready , they would be on offer too. Can you also clarify exactly what was on offer from the French in terms of avionics.

Thanx

Well to me it was also a surprise as in actual we are going for three different BVRAAMs if we include the Amraam in the list also. Well i guess the purpose with the SD-10 is to give us an indengious option provided our relationship with the west cools down. However MICA and AMRAAM are the best in the buisness and while we still have the option we will avail it.
I'm am not sure about the passive scanned array radar being offered, i think from the begining it was MICA with RC-400 radar the one also used in the mirage with slight modifications for instance making it compatible with the LINK-16 that we will use and active radar homing for BVRAAM.
Pakistan in my opinion will not go for a passive radar, whenever we change it, it will be for a new block of JF-17 and will most probally be an AESA radar. It would be probally be of chinese orgin.

PAF current F-16 block 15 are also equipped with Chinese
PL-9 missiles and French R-550. So depending on the mission requirements appropriate missile will be equipped with any front line fighter be it J-10 F-16 or JF-17.
I am pretty sure that if PAF could arm its F-6 with aim-9 back in 70s today it wont have any problem with aim-120 on JF-17 or J-10.
so by 2012 PAF should have at lest 1,400 air-2-air missiles primary and secondary missiles on all multirole fighters..
Primary 500 Aim-120 C5
Primary ~300 MICA
Secondary 300 Aim-9
Secondary ~300 SD-10

Yes there are computers, powerful computational architecture allows faster processing of aesa information, Aesa is not the holy grail, it requires powerful computational architecture to process the information.

I thought you were talking about CPUs. :cheesy:

Good that you know what everybody knows , which means Su will have a bigger radar and more modules .

So?

Yes there are other paraphenilia, sensors suites ect, any decent 4.5 gen plane has a lot of sensors eg rafale has spectra etc.

Every fighter planes has sensors, ECM, and various other systems accompanying the aircraft. So what?

Thanx , shows you are whishful not me, care to provide proff that Rfales Aesa has is ready and has been tested, in case you cant never mind replying.

Why dont you provide links that AESA will not be offered to PAF when it is needed, as per by your claims? Who are you to tell me that "nevermind replying"?? Did i claim that Rafale AESA is ready and has been tested? Stop it already. :lol:

PAF current F-16 block 15 are also equipped with Chinese
PL-9 missiles and French R-550. So depending on the mission requirements appropriate missile will be equipped with any front line fighter be it J-10 F-16 or JF-17.
I am pretty sure that if PAF could arm its F-6 with aim-9 back in 70s today it wont have any problem with aim-120 on JF-17 or J-10.
so by 2012 PAF should have at lest 1,400 air-2-air missiles primary and secondary missiles on all multirole fighters..
Primary 500 Aim-120 C5
Primary ~300 MICA
Secondary 300 Aim-9
Secondary ~300 SD-10

Ok firstly you have to understand the difference between the missiles. BVR missiles are a lot different to WVR missiles. BVR missiles require linking into radar systems. WVR generally don't. There are undoubtedly restrictions on allowing access to the Chinese to the AIM and MICA systems (Which PAK will not want to violate)

It's simple really. Chinese radar systems will use the SD-10
Western radar systems will use the AIM and MICA systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom