What's new

Strongest Empires by timeline

So your definition of a superpower (being the Cyrus-empire) is giving me a youtube video in which a man says 'the Persian empire is perhaps the first superpower'? The vid does have a catchy tune. I believe it's from the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream.

The population number on wikipedia gives a reference to one Yarshater, author of an Iranian encyclopedia. How did he or she obtained this number? Do you know how?

At least we where not slaves of the English and Ottomans!

Ottoman did not thread their own citizens as slaves in their history no muslim country did... They were slavery but it was banned to have a muslims and Ottoman citizens as slave so Arabs could not be slave in Ottoman history...

and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British

So your definition of a superpower (being the Cyrus-empire) is giving me a youtube video in which a man says 'the Persian empire is perhaps the first superpower'? The vid does have a catchy tune. I believe it's from the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream.

and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British

06:35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QenLlFx4cCQ

Do you have some trouble with correct reading? Look who and what I'm quoting.

You quoted me by adding ''and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

You quoted me by adding ''and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

Uuhh, no? I quoted Cloakedvessel.

Uuhh, no? I quoted Cloakedvessel.

Ths is the Cloakedvessel's post

''So your definition of a superpower (being the Cyrus-empire) is giving me a youtube video in which a man says 'the Persian empire is perhaps the first superpower'? The vid does have a catchy tune. I believe it's from the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream.

The population number on wikipedia gives a reference to one Yarshater, author of an Iranian encyclopedia. How did he or she obtained this number? Do you know how?''

This is my post

Ottoman did not thread their own citizens as slaves in their history no muslim country did... They were slavery but it was banned to have a muslims and Ottoman citizens as slave so Arabs could not be slave in Ottoman history...

You quoted this

''So your definition of a superpower (being the Cyrus-empire) is giving me a youtube video in which a man says 'the Persian empire is perhaps the first superpower'? The vid does have a catchy tune. I believe it's from the soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream.

and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

and this part is from my post ''and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

You quoted this

and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

and this part is from my post ''and by your logic was Persian people were slave to Arabs and Turks after Sassanids? They were not just like how Arabs were not the slaves of Ottomans and British''

Oh, sorry, I see I misquoted the second part of Cloakedvessel's text.

Iran and turks are good friend.

this is about Iran v some jordanian guy who DID NOT EVEN KNOW ACHEAMENIDS WERE PERSIAN.

hahahaha

What I respect the Turks for is/was their tolerance behavior towards Persian (and other) culture and language. They didn't try to erase the Persian culture or language, in stead they adapted many things. The Iranian and Turkish temperament (behavior) are almost the same.

we have nothing against turks anyway.
we both are the main regional power even today, and we follow our interests without getting hostile.

mongol empire was the strongest empire before manchus ruled them,they are beasts ,almost no one of enemies could stand before them until the even more beastly manchus,no one except manchus can rule the brutal mongols,the manchus beat the mongols by much less troop and have ruled them for hundreds of years.seriously,Nothern asian babarians were the greatest worriors.

what stupid comment.

name me a religion that pre dates zorastriansm and prove it.
persian was a superpower whether you like it or not. definition? had 44% of all the world population under it.
List of largest empires - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

first empire on the planet to extend into many continent.

so go ahead and tell me why persia was not the first superpower.
you just a fool who is jealous.

I asked you a simple question to clarify your stance, and you immediately start throwing insults? Is this the so-called Persian intellectual might? Should I be jealous of an empire long gone?:lol:

Again, the figure of 40 to 50 percent of the world population housing the Persian empire from Wikipedia is highly unlikely. At that time ancient India and China (around 30 million) also had major population centers, Europe in 400 BC had a population of an estimate of 20 million. Above that, even other figures taken from Wikipedia point to a population of the Achaemenid empire as low as 10 million. The claim that 44% of the world population was located in the Persian empire around 600 BC is unfounded.

I am not jealous. The difference between you and me is I critically examine the data, while you on the other hand blindly accept Wikipedia as a credible source, which could have been edited by anyone. When you can't back up your findings, you start calling names.

Back
Top Bottom