What's new

STM to develop new covette project For Pak-Navy

Nice view of the Tanker Launch wished they had given a full tour of the ship however , video is good as actually being there in person. Can't complain.

As for future ships , remains to be seen what kind of Development time frame the ships promise

Ships with Anti Air - Anti Ship capabilities are need of the time

But the Tanker ships is a great achivement by Pakistan Navy together with collaboration with Turkey

@Penguin can you share the details of what ''Corevetter'' actually is ?
Speaking of the MILGEM, STM’s flagship program, Yilmaz was hopeful of hopeful concluding at least one of two ongoing discussions by the end of this year. It is possible that one of them is Pakistan, which Yilmaz noted earlier as a prospective MILGEM customer.
The Head of Naval Platforms Development in SSM (Undersecretariat for Defense Industries) Müjdat Uludağ identified financing mechanisms as an essential ingredient for the defence export growth (Defence Turkey). The prospective MILGEM sale to Pakistan seems to rest – at least partly – on Turkey’s ability to offer a loan or line-of-credit (valued at $400 million U.S.).
Although STM’s principal customer base is currently comprised of Pakistan, the company is on track to securing additional customers. It would seem that the Arab Gulf would be its target market, especially since a number of that region’s powers – e.g. the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia – are in the process of modernizing and expanding their navies.
http://quwa.org/2016/08/23/stm-turkey-building-momentum-global-shipbuilding-market/

Maybe TF-100 variant?
milgem2%2Bidef2015.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking of the MILGEM, STM’s flagship program, Yilmaz was hopeful of hopeful concluding at least one of two ongoing discussions by the end of this year. It is possible that one of them is Pakistan, which Yilmaz noted earlier as a prospective MILGEM customer.
The Head of Naval Platforms Development in SSM (Undersecretariat for Defense Industries) Müjdat Uludağ identified financing mechanisms as an essential ingredient for the defence export growth (Defence Turkey). The prospective MILGEM sale to Pakistan seems to rest – at least partly – on Turkey’s ability to offer a loan or line-of-credit (valued at $400 million U.S.).
Although STM’s principal customer base is currently comprised of Pakistan, the company is on track to securing additional customers. It would seem that the Arab Gulf would be its target market, especially since a number of that region’s powers – e.g. the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, and Saudi Arabia – are in the process of modernizing and expanding their navies.
http://quwa.org/2016/08/23/stm-turkey-building-momentum-global-shipbuilding-market/

Maybe TF-100 variant?
milgem2%2Bidef2015.jpg
If the ship coming are with VLS tubes than I hope those VLS are MK 41 or ones which just like MK 41 can fire any missile

Well I suppose wait would be fruitful to actually see what comes thru official channel

Last edited:

Maybe TF-100 variant?
milgem2%2Bidef2015.jpg
A TF-100 would be big gain for PN indeed howevre we were previously linked with ada class. TF 100 will be a different class and wil a plug a gaping hole in our surface fleet, AAW capabilities!
lets wait and see.
there was one big ship noticed at that fleet tanker launch vids and pics which have not been confirmed as what it is!

A TF-100 would be big gain for PN indeed howevre we were previously linked with ada class. TF 100 will be a different class and wil a plug a gaping hole in our surface fleet, AAW capabilities!
lets wait and see.
there was one big ship noticed at that fleet tanker launch vids and pics which have not been confirmed as what it is!
It was an Azmat FAC. What's there to confirm?

It was an Azmat FAC. What's there to confirm?
there were comparisions made to its size and how that caanot be the azmat class. the confusion continues so i wont state that it surely was Azmat class FAC. however based on current projects and my personal views it sure looked like Azmat but then people started saying how this was too big to be azmat class and i just walked out since i have not much to prove otherwise but my own views. :)

there were comparisions made to its size and how that caanot be the azmat class. the confusion continues so i wont state that it surely was Azmat class FAC. however based on current projects and my personal views it sure looked like Azmat but then people started saying how this was too big to be azmat class and i just walked out since i have not much to prove otherwise but my own views. :)
By people you mean Zavan, right? He wouldn't be able to tell a cow form a bull even if its balls were dangling right in front of his face.

I think it was an Azmat-class FAC as well. It's worth remembering that the boat's displacement is still 560-tons and 60m+ in length, it isn't small. Heck, it packs 2x4 AShM.

As for this MILGEM business. I am inclined to believe that the PN is not going for a particularly large design, otherwise STM probably would have called it a frigate. That doesn't preclude the PN from incorporating reasonably solid AAW (e.g. Umkhonto EIR if and when available or CAMM or Aster-15), but there's too little information to judge.

That said, something based on the MILGEM-G would be ideal.

By people you mean Zavan, right? He wouldn't be able to tell a cow form a bull even if its balls were dangling right in front of his face.
Really I am amused at your assumptions. No matter How many times I have proven you wrong but you still doubt. Well your consistency is quite inspiring I must admit.

I think it was an Azmat-class FAC as well. It's worth remembering that the boat's displacement is still 560-tons and 60m+ in length, it isn't small. Heck, it packs 2x4 AShM.

As for this MILGEM business. I am inclined to believe that the PN is not going for a particularly large design, otherwise STM probably would have called it a frigate. That doesn't preclude the PN from incorporating reasonably solid AAW (e.g. Umkhonto EIR if and when available or CAMM or Aster-15), but there's too little information to judge.

That said, something based on the MILGEM-G would be ideal.
A turkish friend says that Frigate given to Pakistan could have MK41 VLS system I hope so but doubtful

Really I am amused at your assumptions. No matter How many times I have proven you wrong but you still doubt. Well your consistency is quite inspiring I must admit.

A turkish friend says that Frigate given to Pakistan could have MK41 VLS system I hope so but doubtful
Mk.41 will confine Pakistan to the ESSM - i.e. U.S. vendors. From what I understand, Mk.41 VLS is primarily aimed at the Turkish Navy, which already uses it on some other vessels. To be honest, Pakistan's ships just need the room for a VLS system, which could be added when appropriate options become available.

Have you really? I'm afraid I can't recall a single occasion.

Make the comparison using the sailors on the deck. It appears huge (taller) to you because the draft (the red part of hull bellow the waterline) is invisible to you. It only looks bigger on the shipyard.

369112-PNSAzmatphotopr-1335214273-544-640x480.jpg

Second%2BAzmat%2Bclass%2BFast%2Battack%2Bcraft%2Bvessel%2Bof%2Bthe%2BPakistan%2BNavy%2Bnears%2Bcompletion%2B1.jpg

13988174_1195727883813142_1428337646772596051_o-jpg.328013

@Zarvan

The ships are identical and you're a bloody fool. But a fool we're all a little fond of. :P

Back
Top Bottom