What's new

STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF 2 LCU AND 2 INLAND CONTAINER VESSELS

BDforever

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Bangladesh
On 1st September 2013, steel cutting ceremony held in Khulna Shipyard of two Landing craft Utility and two Inland container vessels. Chiefs of Naval Staff and Chairman of Board of Directors of Khulna Shipyard Vice Admiral M Farid Habib,N.D.C, P.S.C opened the ceremony.
1176276_628670403840612_2060410644_n.jpg

LCU specifications:

length: 137ft.
wide: 33ft.
Max speed: 18 km
Propulsion: 2x 600 HP engines and 2x 50KW generators
Max payload: 415 tons.
Armament: 2x heavy machine guns.

** The Inland container vessel is capable of carrying 140 units of containers (20ft. container)

*** It is also said that 3 more Padma class Patrol vessel will be handed over to Bangladesh Navy by the end of this year.

What will the LCU look like? Not like the last one made for Bangladesh Army I hope!

I hope I will not bother others by talking like a Pundit. Bangladesh is bestowed with great rivers and water bodies. BD certainly needs metal roads, but it also should consider what its water system can contribute to transport container goods.

In order to make it happen, BD needs to build not only many more container ships but also many river ports with heavy cranes that can handle containers.This will cause people to build industries in places away from a congested Dhaka. The loaded containers with shipment for export will be brought to Chittagong/Mongla by the container ships.

The photo in the background has the 3 storey "super structure", similar to what we saw in BD Army LCVP

2012-11-14__met05.jpg

LOL it is for Bangladesh Army and that one is for Bangladesh Navy, Anyway i post a photo in Bangladesh Army section of a LCU where 2 helicopters can land :D

LOL it is for Bangladesh Army and that one is for Bangladesh Navy, Anyway i post a photo in Bangladesh Army section of a LCU where 2 helicopters can land :D

Post it here mate, if you dont mind.

@Roybot here it is

529408_624176554289997_1571297563_n.jpg

@Roybot what did happen to you mate ? say something :pop:

This CGI looks nothing like the photo we see in the background at the steel cutting ceremony.

I doubt that this is even an LCU. They are not supposed to carry choppers. At 137 Ft and 415 tons max payload, it can't carry one chopper, let alone two. A small size chopper is atleast 50ft in length :cheesy:

This is what LCUs are supposed to look like.

US_Navy_060606-N-8154G-115_Two_Landing_Craft_Utilities_%28LCU%29_assigned_to_Amphibious_Craft_Unit_Two_%28ACU-2%29%2C_rehearse_storming_the_beach_in_Curacao%2C_Netherlands_Antilles.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This CGI looks nothing like the photo we see in the background at the steel cutting ceremony.

I doubt that this is even an LCU. They are not supposed to carry choppers. At 137 Ft and 415 tons max payload, it can't carry one chopper, let alone two.

This is what LCUs are supposed to look like.

US_Navy_060606-N-8154G-115_Two_Landing_Craft_Utilities_%28LCU%29_assigned_to_Amphibious_Craft_Unit_Two_%28ACU-2%29%2C_rehearse_storming_the_beach_in_Curacao%2C_Netherlands_Antilles.jpg
Then what will you call it ?

What will I call what? The LCU will look nothing like the CGI you posted, neither will it carry two helicopters.

:hitwall: when did i say it will be look like posted photo ? :pissed: I also said that Bangladesh Army has different LCU which can carry helicopter but you said it is not LCU , so i just asked you what will you call that vessel (posted photo) which can carry 2 helicopters ?

:hitwall: when did i say it will be look like posted photo ? :pissed: i just asked you what will you call that vessel (posted photo) which can carry 2 helicopters ?

Figment of imagination?:woot:

I can't tell based on the that CGI alone. You do realise that its a computer generated image right, not a real photo?

Need more details, besides the "nomenclature" varies from navy to navy.

Figment of imagination?:woot:

I can't tell based on the that CGI alone. Need more details, besides the "nomenclature" varies from navy to navy.

You do realise that its a computer generated image right, not a real photo?

Landing Craft Platform (LCP), sounds good ?
@Roybot
what ! ! how is it computer generated photo ? like Indian ships ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom