What's new

STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF 2 LCU AND 2 INLAND CONTAINER VESSELS

Helipad of "Shakti Shanchar"

1176372_169627786561737_1648204529_n.jpg

@Roybot its not photoshopped :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have also found another picture of this ship (Shakti Shanchar) taken in March 2013 while giving a river cruise to some national guests (for their contribution to BD independence in 1971). That image gives a good indication about the ship's size and design. But I'm new to this place; so, can't post image links as yet.

Helipad of "Shakti Shanchar"

1176372_169627786561737_1648204529_n.jpg

@Roybot its not photoshopped :)

Indians have a tendency to underestimate what Bangladesh is capable of building. Our recent shipbuilding history is short, but we are building many ships for use by many sectors. BN will buy two LPCs from China and then build two more LPCs in Khulna with Chinese collaboration.

China wants BD economy and military to keep on developing to its limit. BN is contemplating to build Corvettes and then Frigates sometime in the future when our technicians are capable to handle the difficult tasks of fitting the weapons. Our Shipbuilding industry can build 30,000t ships, whereby a Frigate weighs only 3,000t or less.

However, we cannot build the weapons system for which BD will depend upon China for many years. Rome was not built in a day.

Last edited by a moderator:
These days are running fast! It was just the other day when we saw KSY build the first two patrol crafts. Now KSY has already undertaken these two LCUs, while the rest 3 patrol crafts are fitting out at the yard. KSY has a massive area underutilised. I think it can easily simultaneously build 8-10 smaller size ships. Even DEW at Narayanganj can build several ships simultaneously. Army's Shakti Shanchar was a very good example of capability. The days are not far away when we might see BN converting a big merchant ship into a helicopter carrier for ASW missions. ASW is getting priority quickly; so, its just a matter of time.

i think the first pic of shakti shanchar was photoshopped a bit, thus confusing roybot. justifiable

steel cutting CEREMONY for a 415 tons LCU?????????

than there will be an engine test CEREMONY..........

than there will be engine re-test CEREMONY

than there will be number plating CEREMONY

etc.....etc......etc......

Do let me know once the ship is FINALLY built.......in some 10-20 years............:lazy:

Great reply, Gyp 111 !! :)

Why is it so difficult for some people to accept something before it slaps on the face?

Because of there over inflated egos, even when the truth smacks them directly in the face they still live in their state of denial. For them to feel important, they need to pretend the neighbours surely can't make anything technical bla bla bla.

Thanks Gyp 111, for bringing them to reality.

this is a very good view of Shakti Sanchar while on a river cruise with foreign guests.....
it gives a good idea about the size of this 66m LCT.... it is designed to carry 9 tanks.... it can also carry 150 troops....
the helipad can help in quickly putting some troops ashore using small helos (like the Jetranger and Dauphin) to capture a bridgehead in any kind of amphibious or river-crossing operation.... this ship is part of Riverine Engineer Battalion (REB)..... as far as I know, the Army currently has at least 4 such battalions, which greatly increase the mobility of the Army inside the country.... this LCT is not alone..... there are smaller LCVPs as well..... the LCT was made at DEW Narayanganj, while the LCVPs were made at KSY..... more REBs are being raised.....

P1090107.JPG

this is a very good view of Shakti Sanchar while on a river cruise with foreign guests.....
it gives a good idea about the size of this 66m LCT.... it is designed to carry 9 tanks.... it can also carry 150 troops....
the helipad can help in quickly putting some troops ashore using small helos (like the Jetranger and Dauphin) to capture a bridgehead in any kind of amphibious or river-crossing operation.... this ship is part of Riverine Engineer Battalion (REB)..... as far as I know, the Army currently has at least 4 such battalions, which greatly increase the mobility of the Army inside the country.... this LCT is not alone..... there are smaller LCVPs as well..... the LCT was made at DEW Narayanganj, while the LCVPs were made at KSY..... more REBs are being raised.....

P1090107.JPG

Has any helo been allocated to this one....does anyone know?

not supposed to.... a helipad doesn't mean it will always have a helo.... and a vessel that will mainly operate in inland waterways, need not have a helo constantly.... the helipad will allow several small helos to carry some vanguard troops (probably paracommando) to shore quickly to capture a beachhead before these slow-moving landing crafts can beach and release their heavier equipment and main body of troops... several short ship to shore and back missions can land quite a few soldiers....

Has any helo been allocated to this one....does anyone know?

Back
Top Bottom