What's new

STEEL CUTTING CEREMONY OF 2 LCU AND 2 INLAND CONTAINER VESSELS

Landing Craft Platform (LCP), sounds good ?
@Roybot
what ! ! how is it computer generated photo ? like Indian ships ?

Dude its a blatant photoshop, don't tell me you can't see it :eek: Whats the name of this ship then?

529408_624176554289997_1571297563_n.jpg

I have never heard of of a Landing Craft Platform. Indian Navy has Landing Ship Tanks, around 6000 tonnes, and even they don't carry any helicopters.

Only other thing I can think of is Mobile Landing Platform and its a 20000 ton ship, or LHD,LPD and they are all over 20000 tonnes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude its a blatant photoshop, don't tell me you can't see it :eek: Whats the name of this ship then?

tell me how is it photoshop ? Ship name is Shokti Shonchar. Check out Type071 vessel name (Landing Platform Dock)

tell me how is it photoshop ? Ship name is Shokti Shonchar. Check out Type071 vessel name (Landing Platform Dock)

Type071 is a 28,000 t Chinese amphibious transport dock/LPD. Are you telling me Bangladesh Army operates a 28,000 t ship and only has one badly photoshopped photo as the proof?

Type071 is a 28,000 t Chinese amphibious transport dock/LPD. Are you telling me Bangladesh Army operates a 28,000 t ship and only has one badly photoshopped photo as the proof?

so according to your logic it must have 28,000t to call it Landing platform :omghaha: and still you did not able to answer how the vessel is photoshop result LOL

By your logic, you do not have any destroyer, you have frigates and corvette LOOOL

so according to your logic it must have 28,000t to call it Landing platform :omghaha: and still you did not able to answer how is the vessel is photoshop result LOL

No, it must have come from somewhere right? Cause Bangladesh didn't make it inhouse. There has to be more information about this ship, somewhere?

The chopper is photoshopped in that image.

No, it must have come from somewhere right? Cause Bangladesh didn't make it inhouse.

The chopper is photoshopped in that image.

why do think that BD did not make it inhouse ? :rofl: when i Posted the photo i said it is indigenous, oh i forgot India only has the ability :lol: we can argue about chopper but that is not the topic, topic is the vessel :lol:

why do think that BD did not make it inhouse ? :rofl: when i Posted the photo i said it is indigenous, oh i forgot India only has the ability :lol: we can argue about chopper but that is not the topic, topic is the vessel :lol:

OK Bagladesh might have made it, am just asking you to give some more information. Too much to ask?

Just show me that this landing craft can carry 2 choppers and I ll shush up after that.

OK Bagladesh might have made it, am just asking you to give some more information. Too much to ask?

Just show me that this landing craft can carry 2 choppers and I ll shush up after that.

sorry bro, I do not have details about it, just the photo i collected. When i get the info, i will inform you

sorry bro, I do not have details about it, just the photo i collected. When i get the info, i will inform you

Never mind found it. Turns out Bangladesh did make it in house, so I stand corrected on that. However I still doubt the claim of two helicopters. Cause I can't see how they could land two helicopters on that LC and neither is it mentioned in the specification.

2ebtlw6.jpg

http://www.gbmarine.com/index.php/landing-crafts

DEW Ltd has built thousands of small and medium vessel upto 2000 DWT like Army LCT Shakti Sanchar,

33k3gjs.jpg

http://www.dewbn.com/completed-projects/

Never mind found it. Turns out Bangladesh did make it in house, so I stand corrected on that. However I still doubt the claim of two helicopters. Cause I can't see how they could land two helicopters on that LC and neither is it mentioned in the specification.

2ebtlw6.jpg

Landing Crafts

yard-capabilities2.bmp

may be further development ? :)

may be further development ? :)

Yeah could be, however its not relevant here though, cause the LCU in question here has a max payload of just 400 t, and that in no way can support 2 helicopters.

Yeah could be, however its not relevant here though, cause the LCU in question here has a max payload of just 400 t, and that in no way can support 2 helicopters.

I never said thread LCU can carry 2 heli, i just gave you example that BD built landing craft which can carry 2 heli :mamba: just told you BD shipyard's capability :angel:

What will the LCU look like? Not like the last one made for Bangladesh Army I hope!

The last one looked pretty good:
536754_188186737972773_1679811321_n.jpg

This CGI looks nothing like the photo we see in the background at the steel cutting ceremony.

I doubt that this is even an LCU. They are not supposed to carry choppers. At 137 Ft and 415 tons max payload, it can't carry one chopper, let alone two. A small size chopper is atleast 50ft in length :cheesy:

This is what LCUs are supposed to look like.

US_Navy_060606-N-8154G-115_Two_Landing_Craft_Utilities_%28LCU%29_assigned_to_Amphibious_Craft_Unit_Two_%28ACU-2%29%2C_rehearse_storming_the_beach_in_Curacao%2C_Netherlands_Antilles.jpg

Image 1 is not a CGI. Its BNS Shakti Shancher's photo.

Figment of imagination?:woot:

I can't tell based on the that CGI alone. You do realise that its a computer generated image right, not a real photo?

Need more details, besides the "nomenclature" varies from navy to navy.

Do you mean this is a CGI:
US_Navy_070904-N-5242D-140_Sailors_stationed_aboard_Indian_Navy_aircraft_carrier_INS_Viraat_(R_22)_refuel_a_Sea_Harrier_after_it_returns_from_a_mission_during_Malabar_2007.jpg

2ebtlw6.jpg

Landing Crafts

33k3gjs.jpg

Completed Projects | DEW

GB Marine of Singapore and DEW of Narayanganj are both claiming to have built Shakti Shonchar for BA. Can I understand that the boat was designed by GB Marine and was built by DEW in Narayanganj under GB supervision?

Back
Top Bottom