AgNoStiC MuSliM

ADVISORS
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan

SSG heroes killed eight Taliban before they were shot

Monday, May 18, 2009

By Rauf Klasra

KAHUTA: Family members of martyred Captain Najam Riaz have made a shocking disclosure about the alleged involvement of an important administrative official of Malakand in the killing of four SSG commandos at the hands of Taliban last week.

The heroic tale of brave commandos reveals how the valiant soldiers had broken the necks of eight Taliban, once they realised that they were about to be beheaded. The mother of Shaheed Captain Najam told The News while sitting in her village house, amid tears in her eyes, that she would have even sacrificed ten sons for the sake of Pakistan and she was proud of her 24-year old son, who before going to Swat had told her not to weep over her body as he knew he was going on a journey of martyrdom.

“Our Shaheed captain told that the important official of Malakand had come to meet the Taliban when they were in their possession. The official considered to be darling of the Taliban had told his friends to keep the four SSG commandos with them but return their weapons”, one of the family members of the martyred Captain told The News.

The father of Captain who retired from army as a Hawaldar demanded of the government to take action against the former official of Malakand whose collaboration with the Taliban resulted in beheading of his son along with three companions.

The family members of the martyred captain also claimed that they had come to know that actually Sufi Mohammad had directed the militants to kill the SSG commandos after his own son Kifiyatullah was killed during the operation.

Earlier, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Dr Babar Awan visited the village of Captain Najam. He went there on the direction of Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani to lay flowers on his grave and offer condolences to his family.

Dr Awan himself belongs to Kahuta. The family of the martyred captain made some unusual demands to compensate the loss of their son. “Please ask your PM to set up a cadet college in Kahuta in the name of martyred Najam, set up a hospital and construct the road,” demanded his father, sisters and mother.

When Dr Awan asked whether they needed something for themselves, they all said, they did not need anything rather they had given their son for the sake of Pakistan.

A large crowd of people gathered when Dr Awan reached there in the remote village Kalhut-located at one and a half hours drive from Islamabad. Over 100 people of this small town demanded of the minister not to halt the operation against the militants and eliminate them.

Even the parents and sisters of the martyred captain gave their voice to this demand that operation should be continued and the sacrifice of their son should not be wasted. When Dr Awan returned to Islamabad late night, he immediately talked to the PM Gilani about the demand of the parents of the martyred captain and Gilani announced to approve the college in Kahuta, which might greatly make the whole family happy.

The family told the heroic tale of these four detained SSG commandos who had refused to die without putting any resistance, once they came to know that the NWFP government would not take any interest in their release.

The visit of the former official of Malakand to Taliban asking them just to return the weapons and keep the captives had made them understand what was in store. The only way left with these brave soldiers was to fight back and should not give up. As their captors got the message from their top leadership to eliminate the SSG commandos, the preparation started to tighten them with rope so they could be beheaded.

But as the captors came close to them in the room where they were detained, these commandos suddenly jumped at the eight Taliban. Within seconds, the commandos broke their necks. But two Taliban guards standing outside rushed inside and sprayed them with Kalashnikov bullets, which led to their instant martyrdom.

“We are proud of our commandos that they did not die like cowards. They fought back and killed 8 Taliban as they went down fighting like real heroes, one of the family members of the captain Najam said.

SSG heroes killed eight Taliban before they were shot

Its very sad to hear about this but why did they surrender after it is known to every one that Taliban do nothing but behead the captured security officers, so why the surrender in the first place ?
If we know about that the culprit is the former commissioner of Malakand then rest assured army must have known this from the very start. Its going to be very painful end for the commissioner let me assure you.

How were they captured? why did they surrender in first place?

I don't know if they surrendered or not, but so what if they did?

Military training dictates that you take the best possible decision at every given moment, which can sometimes mean choosing the lesser of two evils in the long term. You are no use to your country if you are dead. When they were captured, there may have been a chance that their release could be negotiated, and so they wisely surrendered when faced with mortal threat. However, once it was clear that they were going to be killed, they fought back.

Courage and bravery are very important, but most important of all is wisdom. They did what they were trained to do.

I am proud of these men and their families, and I hope their sacrifices were not in vain.

How were they captured? why did they surrender in first place?

They were on recce based on the circumstances of their capture. Got surrounded by a group of Taliban who happened to be there.

Here are these 4 heroes of Pakistan. Its just too sad that we could not get them out of harms way in time. You can tell by their demeanor and talking that they are SSG guys.

That bastard reporter has no clue that these are our own Pakistani boys and goes off on his own interrogation about the haircut and the SMGs. I am just happy that these folks fought it out and busted the necks and skulls of 8 of these cowards and did not let these bastards chop their heads off. Its an immense loss for our nation to lose men like these 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
And that the claim the family and oficial in question, have to be investigated throughly and justice seen to be done. The officlal in question is Javed Shah, it has also been alleged that he gave shelter to the TTP comander Faqir Mohammad

Javed Shah has a lot of blood on his hands. The problem in Buner etc. is his doing because he let these thugs into the area and did not allow force to be used to stop the miscreants ingress. His arse should be in Attock fort now. :angry:

God bless em' and I'm not passing judgement but, Lord, don't surrender to these guys. "Iffy" for your guys. Very much so.

Our guys? Dead meat. They know better being Yanks.

May these men rest in peace and my condolences to their families and friends (Present Arms!).:smitten::pakistan:

we have to be careful here - the situation is not clear at all - the SSG shaheeds died for the glory of their service and country and i agree with muse that this episode should be investigated thoroughly!

FM sir,

They can investigate it all they want to, however the fact of the matter is that the way captives and prisoners have been treated by TTP and company just does not deserve anything but condemnation. They have shown absolutely no mercy to those who have been made prisoners when the example of Islam is right in front of them. Their simplistic interpretation about all things is what bothers me and leads me to say what I have here.

I will also say that even if Army action had not taken place here, just the actions of Taliban are as such that people would get sick and tired of their bakvaas in two months and start agitating on their own. This mentality of theirs is the reason that their ideology cannot last anywhere but in the tribal areas of FATA etc.

Back
Top Bottom