What's new

Sri lankan players barred from playing in chennai

It does not matter if you're Sri Lankan, Keralite, Kannadiga, North Indian, Malaysian Or even from Andra.. If you're against or different to their hegemonic perceived linguistic ethnic superiority you need to expect the wrath, Violence and threats of secession

Sadly even Brahmin Tamils or patriotic Sri Lankan Tamils are not spared if they don't tow the line

From an outside point of view what started in the 50's by C P Annadurai and the rest of the separatists the project Dravida Nadu might well be ignited using the non existent SL Tamil issue ironically

That would be a dangerous precedent. Most people in Karnataka might theoretically support not releasing water to TN, most people in Kerala might support removal of an old dam, would you seriously argue that such support is acceptable when India itself can be undermined. Whatever you start can come back to bite you.

I'm not commenting because I count (I have one vote & it isn't in TN), it is just my opinion as your is. I'm still entitled to hold that opinion, that is the beauty of India.

Many posters from Karnataka and Kerala do not support TN citing national strategic reasons but the real reasons are Cauvery and Mullai Periyar. This is highly visible most of their posts including you.

I wonder why they have to paint Strategic reasons to hide their short mindedness.

Then the joke is on the pathetic GoI which does not consider Tamil fishermen lives worthy enough to stand by them, not on the TN govt. How is the life of a fisherman any different from other lives lost to terrorism ?

Different because unlike terrorism on Indian soil, this subject is far more nuanced on who might have been where. That, as has been seen recently is also true in case of incidents involving the Italians, the Americans and most recently, the French. No end to it once we start.

Plight of fishermen is also one of the reason for the protests.

Not the main one & one which almost no one seems to raise as the primary issue. This is an argument trotted out if people don't buy the main one about SL Tamils. Drop the SL Tamil issue & we can ponder this one over. If it is defined as only a Tamil problem, then it should be understandable why no support for it is coming from outside that grouping.

It does not matter if you're Sri Lankan, Keralite, Kannadiga, North Indian, Malaysian Or even from Andra.. If you're against or different to their hegemonic perceived linguistic ethnic superiority you need to expect the wrath, Violence and threats of secession

Sadly even Brahmin Tamils or patriotic Sri Lankan Tamils are not spared if they don't tow the line

Try something better to

From an outside point of view what started in the 50's by C P Annadurai and the rest of the separatists the project Dravida Nadu might well be ignited using the non existent SL Tamil issue ironically

Try something better to divide.

Unfortunately for you the TN shout is only going to get bigger and better. Soon Indian Union will have to make a decision choose to sleep with an enemy or side with Indians. Lets see who win.

Many posters from Karnataka and Kerala do not support TN citing national strategic reasons but the real reasons are Cauvery and Mullai Periyar. This is highly visible most of their posts including you.

I wonder why they have to paint Strategic reasons to hide their short mindedness.

I cannot help what is visible to you (even if it should scare your doctor). I do not need to give you a reason for my position, you are free to draw whatever conclusion that consoles you. I, as you can see, live in Bangalore, a city whose water needs have been accorded primacy by the Supreme Court (which held that water to TN/Karnataka farmers can only be considered after the drinking needs are fulfilled). I have no axe to grind here & certainly not against Tamils. I cannot be either responsible or answerable to your imagined flights of fancy.

As always, you are free to ignore me and move on.

Unfortunately for you the TN shout is only going to get bigger and better. Soon Indian Union will have to make a decision choose to sleep with an enemy or side with Indians. Lets see who win.

Cry wolf.. boy, cry wolf.. It does not help.. Try and counter every single point I made if they're not factual.. Btw despite the mockery of Indian coalition politics.. New Delhi knows very well that the enemy within is far too dangerous than any thing perceived from outside

Different because unlike terrorism on Indian soil, this subject is far more nuanced on who might have been where. That, as has been seen recently is also true in case of incidents involving the Italians, the Americans and most recently, the French. No end to it once we start.

Its better to start than watch our citizens (in case they are considered as one) being killed by foreigners.

Second there is nothing nuanced in this - the waters have been traditional fishing grounds for Tamil fishermen and that right was also enshrined in the agreement which (illegally and unilaterally) gave away a part of our territory to SL. So when fishermen are killed there, it is no different from anyone getting killed on land.

Third in the off-chance that even if the fishermen were in the wrong place, if we cant impose our version of events on a tiny country like Lanka and stop them from shooting again, I dont know what to say.

Not the main one & one which almost no one seems to raise as the primary issue. This is an argument trotted out if people don't buy the main one about SL Tamils. Drop the SL Tamil issue & we can ponder this one over. If it is defined as only a Tamil problem, then it should be understandable why no support for it is coming from outside that grouping.

Both are issues for us. We cant pick and choose things that concern us to suit other's tastes.

Cry wolf.. boy, cry wolf.. It does not help.. Try and counter every single point I made if they're not factual.. Btw despite the mockery of Indian coalition politics.. New Delhi knows very well that the enemy within is far too dangerous than any thing perceived from outside

There is nothing factual in any of your replies except revisionist Lankan (sinhala) "facts". Dont know how they cant be countered except being ignored.

And your further quotes will be ignored too.

Carry on these protests against Sri Lanka. XD I smell something...

As a keralite i support your struggle,i say India should work against human rights violations against tamils in SL,but i don't support the need of a separate Ealam,and neither do i support this stupidity of banning sl players.

Well said.

Anyway I dont think why we should keep pressing on this issue, atleast here.

One fine day, "the we told you so" moment would come. I just hope it does not become too late by then.

Wah rey world's largest democracy, hye teri chalan

char pasey aa gye hain ab to hamarey jesa koi nehe...lol
love you India

india always have problems in sports!! Visas, Hindu extremists threatening!! Discrimination and jealousy!! India is the worst place for Sports!!

Back
Top Bottom