What's new

Sri lankan players barred from playing in chennai

Still not a GoI decision. The government of TN does not have the right to decide for all of India. In any case, the fishermen issue is not the one being used as the reason, the Tamil issue is. Can't agree with "my way or the highway" approach.

Law and order is in state government control. so we have every rights in this case. and also i dont want to interfere into srilanka's internal matter. i cant understand how you say that TN fishermen's killed by srilanka navy should not be a reason. Then why we want to be india. we thought indian navy is to protect all but this time we are(tamilans) feeling that IN is to protect india except tamilnadu. so as per the local sensation my TN government has taken a correct decision. if need arises we will start our protest to seperate tamilnadu from india. dont think am anti indian. i love my nation more than my soul. we love our mother india but that india fails to protect us. in each and every issue tamilnadu is ignored by central government and congress. so to secure our people we will do what ever we want.

Really? I can't remember whether or not I participated in any discussion on the matter but that was a stupid, outrageous decision & hardly anyone supported Jayalalitha anywhere in India. This is anther stupid, outrageous decision just like the assembly resolution asking for clemency for the killers of RG was.

And she was chosen by majority Tamilians to rule over 72 million Tamils in Tamilnadu...

For too long TN politics has undermined the idea of india. This is just unacceptable. Our 5 paisa media should be highlighting the constitutional dangers, but am i expecting too much.

You are. There is neither enough depth in media (especially television) to understand the issue, nor in the audience that watches such programs. Which is why, Indian foreign policy has been so badly undermined on the SL issue to a point where we are looking like clowns. Even on this forum, it has become a difficult job arguing sensibly because someone or the other throws a secession argument against you if you suggest that their opinion may not be the only one available. Sad really.

And she was chosen by majority Tamilians to rule over 72 million Tamils in Tamilnadu...

So what, she has not been anointed queen. She, like every other CM takes oath to uphold the constitution of India. It is why Karnataka has to give water to TN whether its farmers are happy or not, we must respect the federal structure.

So what, she has not been anointed queen. She, like every other CM takes oath to uphold the constitution of India. It is why Karnataka has to give water to TN whether its farmers are happy or not, we must respect the federal structure.

dont bring cauvery here. your government not even obeying supreme court or prime minister order. so you dont have any rights to speak about respecting indian constitution(to be honest you are not deserved for that).

Law and order is in state government control. so we have every rights in this case. and also i dont want to interfere into srilanka's internal matter. i cant understand how you say that TN fishermen's killed by srilanka navy should not be a reason. Then why we want to be india. we thought indian navy is to protect all but this time we are(tamilans) feeling that IN is to protect india except tamilnadu. so as per the local sensation my TN government has taken a correct decision. if need arises we will start our protest to seperate tamilnadu from india. dont think am anti indian. i love my nation more than my soul. we love our mother india but that india fails to protect us. in each and every issue tamilnadu is ignored by central government and congress. so to secure our people we will do what ever we want.

I did point out that a secession argument gets trotted out sooner or later. Btw, I never said that the fishermen argument should not be a reason, it isn't however the reason being used. I didn't decide that, TN politicians did. They didn't ask for a resolution condemning SL navy actions against Indian(TN) fishermen, only one to condemn SL military actions against SL Tamils. How the non-Tamil population of India must necessarily sympathise with that cause (except for general human right concerns) is not clear. There are Indian origin populations throughout the globe, we simply cannot do what is being suggested on the SL matter.

She is bound by her state and the welfare and wishes of her constituents who voted her into power.
Its people's pulse in Tamilnadu that told her to act in a manner that she did.
Why you grumble and be grouchy on her decisions.
She meddled in Movie industry, now its sports entertainment.
Let her play her cards to her satisfaction, most Tamilians are happy that way, why you and me should count here?

I did point out that a secession argument gets trotted out sooner or later. Btw, I never said that the fishermen argument should not be a reason, it isn't however the reason being used. I didn't decide that, TN politicians did. They didn't ask for a resolution condemning SL navy actions against Indian(TN) fishermen, only one to condemn SL military actions against SL Tamils. How the non-Tamil population of India must necessarily sympathise with that cause (except for general human right concerns) is not clear. There are Indian origin populations throughout the globe, we simply cannot do what is being suggested on the SL matter.

The US, Canada, Japanese, European (even tiny Israel) care for their diaspora, but alas its Indians with a different mentality to disown their own.

dont bring cauvery here. your government not even obeying supreme court or prime minister order. so you dont have any rights to speak about respecting indian constitution(to be honest you are not deserved for that).

Save your spiel, I'm not defending anyone (my state or any other)who does not follow the rule. (Btw, present position is that the state of Karnataka has released whatever water it has been ordered to, that order being diluted by the SC). Kindly stop worrying about what I'm deserving of speaking, I am in no need of a character certificate. Argue your case if you can or move on. This is just a forum, I don't waste my time with petty, personal attacks.

She is bound by her state and the welfare and wishes of her constituents who voted her into power.
Its people's pulse in Tamilnadu that told her to act in a manner that she did.
Why you grumble and be grouchy on her decisions.
She meddled in Movie industry, now its sports entertainment.
Let her play her cards to her satisfaction, most Tamilians are happy that way, why you and me should count here?

That would be a dangerous precedent. Most people in Karnataka might theoretically support not releasing water to TN, most people in Kerala might support removal of an old dam, would you seriously argue that such support is acceptable when India itself can be undermined. Whatever you start can come back to bite you.

I'm not commenting because I count (I have one vote & it isn't in TN), it is just my opinion as your is. I'm still entitled to hold that opinion, that is the beauty of India.

Save your spiel, I'm not defending anyone (my state or any other)who does not follow the rule. (Btw, present position is that the state of Karnataka has released whatever water it has been ordered to, that order being diluted by the SC). Kindly stop worrying about what I'm deserving of speaking, I am in no need of a character certificate. Argue your case if you can or move on. This is just a forum, I don't waste my time with petty, personal attacks.

Get off your high horse first, condemn your karnataka government first on water issue to be honest, then only your comments would seem prudent.

That would be a dangerous precedent. Most people in Karnataka might theoretically support not releasing water to TN, most people in Kerala might support removal of an old dam, would you seriously argue that such support is acceptable when India itself can be undermined. Whatever you start can come back to bite you.

Thats why we have Apex court, a palace of justice.
Tell Karnataka to honor SC verdict in letter and spirit.

I'm not commenting because I count (I have one vote & it isn't in TN), it is just my opinion as your is. I'm still entitled to hold that opinion, that is the beauty of India.

Opinions are dime a dozen, come with facts n figures.
And by the way India does not hv monopoly on forming opinions...

utter foolishness. .

utter foolishness. .

Still not a GoI decision. The government of TN does not have the right to decide for all of India. [/I]approach.

Then the joke is on the pathetic GoI which does not consider Tamil fishermen lives worthy enough to stand by them, not on the TN govt. How is the life of a fisherman any different from other lives lost to terrorism ?

In any case, the fishermen issue is not the one being used as the reason, the Tamil issue is.

Plight of fishermen is also one of the reason for the protests.

--

That being said, this is also a political move, that puts Karuna family in an unenviable position vis-a-vis Hyderabad Sun Risers.

Get off your high horse first, condemn your karnataka government first on water issue to be honest, then only your comments seem prudent.

The Karnataka government (or any other) is entitled to exhaust all remedies available legally. However every state, Karnataka included is duty bound to follow the SC's final order (done by Karnataka, something that seems unknown to you) or in the event of non-compliance, risk being sacked under 356 or powers partly taken away under 355. That would hold good for Karnataka, should hold good for TN or anyone else.

Back
Top Bottom