What's new

Sri lankan players barred from playing in chennai

@Gibbs
nobody claim identity based on a language without speaking it.I dont know what is racist in that.I never across anyone boasting tht mathews is a tamil here in india like they respect and revere murali.tamils are not racist.they take anyone who speaks tamil into their fold.no matter how well u speak english,the english will never consider u an english.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is the GoI decision based on the premise that the country they come from was directly or indirectly involved in terrorism against Indian citizens. Nothing like the Sri Lankan case where the only argument is that emotions of some Indian citizens is affected. The fact that no other state in India has a problem with the Sri Lankans is what makes this different.

Maybe that's true if the Tamil fishermen who are killed by Sri Lankan Navy are not considered Indian citizens. Maybe rest of India doesnt consider them Indian citizens either.

Indians are the only weak specimen of a human being that involves politics into sports.

Honestly the Indians have no class.
@Sri Lankans, we can understand Indian immaturity. These idiots take sports to a political level.

Hey whatever happened to the "pakistan premier league" that you girls were so eagerly waiting for? :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey whatever happened to the "pakistan premier league" that you girls were so eagerly waiting for? :laugh:

Is razpak a girl?oh my goodness! I have been thinking her to be a boy all these days.her posts and vulgar language gives the impression that she is a boy.

Is razpak a girl?oh my goodness! I have been thinking her to be a boy all these days.her posts and vulgar language gives the impression that she is a boy.

Maybe that's true if the Tamil fishermen who are killed by Sri Lankan Navy are not considered Indian citizens. Maybe rest of India doesnt consider them Indian citizens either.

Still not a GoI decision. The government of TN does not have the right to decide for all of India. In any case, the fishermen issue is not the one being used as the reason, the Tamil issue is. Can't agree with "my way or the highway" approach.

I understand Murali's condition. He has to survive in a nation where people are known to become sinhala buddhists to enhance their career prospects ( Tillekaratne Dilshan converting from Islam to buddhism to enhance his choice of getting into the national team).

TM Dilshan's mother is a Sinhalese and father is malay ethnic. his second wife is a Sinhalese and his first wife is Sinhalese-Catholic I think, I'm not sure about that.
No one need to change their religion to become player in SL Team. Sri Lankan cricketer Farveez Maharoof is a Muslim.

I really do not see how we can allow any matches to be played in TN.

Sometimes I wonder how far we are going to take this. What happens the next time that there is heightened emotions about the Kaveri water issue. Or between Kerala & TN. Are we are going to start banning people on the excuse of law & order problems? Dangerous, dangerous precedent being set here.

Sports entertainment, media/movies entertainment is same shik. When jaya favoured Tamil Muslims over Kamal Hasan on the vishwaroopam movie, hardly anybody spoke against her here. Finally he had to edit five scenes from that movie.

Why?

Sports entertainment, media/movies entertainment is same shik. When jaya favoured Tamil Muslims over Kamal Hasan on the vishwaroopam movie, hardly anybody spoke against her here. Finally he had to edit five scenes from that movie.

Why?

Really? I can't remember whether or not I participated in any discussion on the matter but that was a stupid, outrageous decision & hardly anyone supported Jayalalitha anywhere in India. This is anther stupid, outrageous decision just like the assembly resolution asking for clemency for the killers of RG was.

Sometimes I wonder how far we are going to take this. What happens the next time that there is heightened emotions about the Kaveri water issue. Or between Kerala & TN. Are we are going to start banning people on the excuse of law & order problems? Dangerous, dangerous precedent being set here.

For too long TN politics has undermined the idea of india. This is just unacceptable. Our 5 paisa media should be highlighting the constitutional dangers, but am i expecting too much.

Back
Top Bottom