What's new

Sri Lankan Muslims under threat

Didn't we discussed this halal meat thing before? I remember there was a long thread on the topic. Why is dawn picking up old stories?

@topic - Like with everyone else, Sri lankans too have concerns about Islamic ideology/concepts and that should not bother anyone as it's just about one's personal choice..

@srilankans you are inviting taliban in your country. . .

Fail comment of the week.

picard-fail.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
it's funny how hard Indians are trying to troll this thread.
if you guys tried this hard at improving your own country maybe it would not be known as the "slumdog millionair" country.
Just a humble suggestion :angel:

and instead of posting here if u have tried to educate ur people then ur country might not have been a terrorist country

just a humble suggestion :angel: :angel:

and instead of posting here if u have tried to educate ur people then ur country might not have been a terrorist country

just a humble suggestion :angel: :angel:

I am not the one trolling this thread you people are.
I don't go to your Hindu threads where you guys get a big circle jerk going on and start bashing you people.
You know why? because I don't have an inferiority complex.

I am not the one trolling this thread you people are.
I don't go to your Hindu threads where you guys get a big circle jerk going on and start bashing you people.
You know why? because I don't have an inferiority complex.

i only troll the trollers,as i already mentioned ur a victim of islamophobia....bringing religion everywhere,bashing every Indians,i have gone through many of ur posts,keep ur inferiority complex **** to urself
everytime you troll a thread with India bashing,i will return the favour :devil:

Yes there have been a worrying trend of certain extremist Buddhist groups getting prominence in the press these days.. But the overwhelming population have considered them more of a nuisance that anything else.. There is a suspicion that a certain arm of the regime is behind the hysteria to divert the masses from increasing cost of living and it's blatant corruption, nepotism and breakdown of law and order

Having said that the above article seems to be a opinion of an individual than a real journalistic piece

Just to make things clear i'm not a Buddhist
What is the % of Hindus & Christians in SL

as long as people want an islamic state or christian state, other religions will want to have the same too...

Sri Lanka's population practices a variety of religions. As of the 2011 census 70.2% of Sri Lankans are Theravada Buddhists, 12.6 % are Hindus, 9.7 % are Muslims and 7.4% Christians.[1] Sri Lanka was ranked the 3rd most religious country in the world by a 2008 Gallup poll, with 99% of Sri Lankans saying religion is an important part of their daily life.

Source:Wiki

Sorry to say. Eating habits, language, looks, region are paying more important in today world. People are ready to kill others for these things.

Well Hindus currently make up for 12% of the Sri Lankan population, and are almost exclusively Tamils apart from immigrant communities from India and Pakistan such as the Sindhis, Gujarati's,Telugus, Kannadigas and Malayalees

And Christians make up about 8% of the population.. Followers from both Sinhalese and Tamil ethnicities and Burghers who are exclusively Christians

sorry only palestine and indian kashmir have muslims....

sorry only palestine and indian kashmir have muslims....

1. Both these above mentiond countries are occupied by Israel and India hence we raise and will raise our voice for them at every forum.

2. Sri Lanka is an independent country and its their internal matter to be solved by their own govt.

3. The issue was already discussed to death and we came to know that the matter is about only issuing certification by private Muslim organisations and they mint a huge money for issuing such certificates so its better that Govt of Sri Lanka issues such ones.

It's funny nothing significant has happened to the extent of having a thread on a opinion piece to go this far..And like one esteemed poster noted every community has their own fringe extremists with vested interests

Most importantly the Halal issue has been sorted out without bloodshed or violence.. Which speaks volumes of the secularity and good faith of both Buddhist and Muslim Sri Lankans

Back
Top Bottom