What's new

Sri Lanka Air Force Gets First-Hand Feel Of India’s Indigenously Developed Tejas

only in your world is jf17 better

tejas has superior engine from usa far modern modern airframe of composites,and quadrupled fbw flight.control..bigger range of weapons from.israel India and Russia and hmd even in block.1
Let me ask you - in terms of ease of maintenance which is better?

In a country like SL - easy of maintenance is a must. Otherwise it will sit on the tarmac

No is one to sell anything to SL. Atleast right now. Might have been fine during Srisena govt. Tamil politics will be played in TN. Tejas is a good option. Especially Mk1 version with ground attack weapons. Not seeing it happening till Rajapaksa brothers rule SL. Another govt and we have a great chance.

Moreover SL doesn't need.any jet with AESA radar. They are not going to attack anyone. JF17 is also not coming to SL. They know India's stake there and would not do that, not with Pakistan who doesn't have the clout to absorb economic costs if any India imposes. China can and it's a different story.

yes your correct low cost budget war plane not need requiring hi end western.engines or hi end israeli radars and helmet mounted display and hobs missles,or modern flybewire controls..
budget plane suitable for sri Lanka
1. Ready my comment and answer the question i asked you in point 1 and 2.
2. Yes thats exactly what jf-17 is all about. It can be equipped with a western engine and also a radar and avionics if the customer demands and on the other hand it uses Chinese or in better words santion free equipment.
It offers everything from short range to long range missiles and will be equipped with pl-15 in the near future, easily upgraded and can be customized as the buyer request due to backing of pakistan and china's aerospace industry and most importantly it will cost less in maintenance and per hour flight. You see not every airforce is dumb enough to waste billions in cash and 30 years only to get rejected. Western engine or avionics is not a necessity but only a want or desire of some folks and mind you a want or desire that jf-17 can fulfill. Jf-17 is better in every single way it has had export success and comparing it to shitbox is disgraceful. You can live in your lala land idc but do answer the question i asked you or are you gonna run away like always?. Cheers!!

for your information block 3 jf17 and lca mk1a both in same class also Lankan's mostly needed jf17 blk2 version which is more or less equal to mk1 which offers better engine and better avionics, only thing jf17 better then lca in my account spare availability and less per hour cost
Nooooo
Tejas is way way way better....its 75th generation where as poor jf17 is a Chinese f7 really

In a very relevant development:

PAF Air Chief calls on Commander Sri Lankan Air force, discuss matters pertaining to professional interest

March 05, 2021
4701681561614952781.jpg

Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan visited Sri Lanka Air Force Headquarters at Colombo.

During the visit, the Air Chief met with Commander Sri Lanka Air Force, Air Marshal Sudarshana Karagoda Pathirana.
Bilateral matters pertaining to mutual professional interest came under discussion during the meeting.
Speaking on the occasion, the Air Chief said that it is a moment of pride for PAF that Commander Sri Lankan Air Force was trained in Pakistan.
He said that our armed forces in general and Air Force of the two countries in particular, have strong ties of friendship.
The Sri Lankan Air Chief thanked PAF Chief for his sincere offer of cooperation and agreed to explore new avenues to enhance bilateral professional cooperation.
The Air Chief also attended Sri Lankan Air Force's 70th anniversary Parade as Guest of Honour in Katunayke.
He extended his felicitations to Sri Lankan Air Force on completing 70 years of glorious service to the nation.
Later in the day, the Air Chief attended launching ceremony of a book titled Iron Wings of Glory.
President of Sri Lanka Gotabaya Rajapaksa presented a copy of the book to Air Chief Marshal Mujahid Anwar Khan.

Good the SL is using everyone to get the most for itself. In the end, what matters is that SL defence needs are best met.

1. Ready my comment and answer the question i asked you in point 1 and 2.
2. Yes thats exactly what jf-17 is all about. It can be equipped with a western engine and also a radar and avionics if the customer demands and on the other hand it uses Chinese or in better words santion free equipment.
It offers everything from short range to long range missiles and will be equipped with pl-15 in the near future, easily upgraded and can be customized as the buyer request due to backing of pakistan and china's aerospace industry and most importantly it will cost less in maintenance and per hour flight. You see not every airforce is dumb enough to waste billions in cash and 30 years only to get rejected. Western engine or avionics is not a necessity but only a want or desire of some folks and mind you a want or desire that jf-17 can fulfill. Jf-17 is better in every single way it has had export success and comparing it to shitbox is disgraceful. You can live in your lala land idc but do answer the question i asked you or are you gonna run away like always?. Cheers!!

I think your getting shirty for no reason
thunder is perfect for cost or budget restricted air powers,be it pakistan.. or Sri Lanka.
maintenance wise,though the American.engines on tejas are far less work then Russian engines on thunder .
weapons wise Sri Lanka will.want choice rather than stuck with chinease only like pakistan is today.
Tejas,zero crashes since first flight
thunders,four crashes in 11 years..
block.1a tejas has everything that block 3 thunder has even .new Astra 160.km bvr missle under testing now .

yes one thing I do agree on thunder is far more mature proven platform..
but tejas,has better western proven systems like engines hmd and electronic warfare suites that are proven work

only in your world is jf17 better

tejas has superior engine from usa far modern modern airframe of composites,and quadrupled fbw flight.control..bigger range of weapons from.israel India and Russia and hmd even in block.1

Yeah, we're all aware of it's aerial supremacy. Here, it's doing a low pass truck stand.

216552104-Tejas.jpg

New Delhi: Sri Lanka Air Force got first hand feel of India’s indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft Tejas as Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy participate in their 70th anniversary in Colombo.

Indian Air Force chief Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria also visited Colombo on Thursday to take part in Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) 70th anniversary and also to strengthen bilateral relationship and open up newer avenues of mutual interest.

Indian Air Force (IAF) and Indian Navy participated in the Aerobatic Display by Sarang (Advance Light Helicopter), Surya Kiran (Hawks), Tejas Fighter Aircraft, Tejas Trainer and the Dornier Maritime Patrol Aircraft.

A total of 23 aircraft of the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy are participating in the event.

The detachment for the Aerobatic Display arrived in Colombo on February 27, 2021, with the support of C17 Globe Master and C130J transport aircrafts of Indian Air Force.

The deployment of such wide variety and huge inventory of aircrafts and helicopters of IAF and Indian Navy is testimony to the strong bonds of friendship and close interoperability shared between the corresponding forces of India and Sri Lanka services,” the Indian government said.

The Indian Air Force chief arrived at Colombo on Thursday an invitation from Sri Lanka Air Force chief Air Marshal Sudarshana APathirana.

Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) is celebrating its 70th anniversary on March 2 and presentation of the President’s colours to two of its Units on March 5.

Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria attended the inaugural ceremony Thursday, during which a flypast was carried out. The aerobatic display was also carried out. The air show at Galle Face Colombo saw participation by an IAF contingent comprising of Suryakiran and Sarang Aerobatic Display Teams and Tejas LCA.

All the Indian aircraft on display are Made in India and as such represent the indigenous technical prowess of Indian research and development sector and reliability of products of India’s Defence Industry.

Tejas Trainer, on display for the first time, afforded the opportunity of independent sorties for the Sri Lanka Air Force Pilots, accompanied with the Indian Pilots.

The officers from Sri Lanka Air Force and Sri Lanka Navy also had firsthand experience onboard the Indian Navy’s AMaritime Patrol Aircraft Dornier.

“Sri Lanka Air Force (SLAF) pilots and Sri Lanka Navy (SLN) observers will fly along with the Indian crew. This is in continuation of the half yearly Dornier training sorties being facilitated for SLAF and SLN,” the government said.

Further, Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria will interact with various dignitaries and the heads of Services of the Armed Forces of Sri Lanka during his two day visit. A”The visit will further strengthen the existing cooperative process and open up newer avenues of mutual interest,” IAF said in a statement.

We should keep this thread open and when sri lanka buys the worlds best 4.5 generation aircraft , the JF-17 , inshAllah we will remind our Indian .........acquaintance of how wrong they were :sniper:

k

thunder is perfect for cost or budget restricted air powers,be it pakistan.. or Sri Lanka.
maintenance wise,though the American.engines on tejas are far less work then Russian engines on thunder .
weapons wise Sri Lanka will.want choice rather than stuck with chinease only like pakistan is today.
block.1a tejas has everything that block 3 thunder has even .new Astra 160.km bvr missle under testing now .

but tejas,has better western proven systems like engines hmd and electronic warfare suites that are proven work
Mav, this is just too easy .....you are not even trying anymore.

- tejas -11 built all IOC , still being designed after 49 years, no air force wants it, including the one which created it .

- Doesn’t India fly the same rd-93 engines as well. Just because Indians against flying are unable to maintain any aircraft does not mean other air forces are this incompetent.

- there are over 150 jf-17s in service and have succefully bombed Indian positions and shot down drones.

this is why over 3 air forces fly this jet and Sri Lanka will be lucky to have this jet

k

The jet cost so much, compared to jf-17 which offers better armaments, advance avionics aesa and other better features then tejas won't even be able to offer in 5years. And then its cost effective. Srilanka might choose tejas over jf-17 but only because of politics.

Politics is part of the game Mate. Nobody is stopping you to do the same....

ONLY if this news is true since indian are the biggest liars on Earth, the only thing I can say is that Sri Lankans have rocks in their heads because even an Frog these days would stay away from something as cra.p as Tejas.

Again you didn't answer the questions i asked you in point 1 and 2?.
2. Yes thunder is the best platform for budget airforce. Weapons wise even Chinese provides many different types of weapons but others can also be integrated. There are more than 157 thunders in 3 different airforce, 4 crashes in more then a decade is a rather good rate i think but it shouldn't be compared with tejas. Btw how many tejas are is service as of now?
You might have better proven but we have BATTLE PROVEN system which served beautifully on 29th so i think its all good. The whole point of jf17 was to have a sanction free system and it serves the purpose.

Back
Top Bottom