What's new

Sri Lanka Air Force Gets First-Hand Feel Of India’s Indigenously Developed Tejas

1. How are you planning to convince srilanka or even Malaysia to buy a jet which your IAF and IN rejected?
2. Lets not even talk about tejas block2 which is only on paper as of now. How will you convince them to buy tejas block1 which your IAF rejected and gave a list of upgrades it should have?
3. Your superior engine or range doesn't matter sri lanka is a small nation. They do not have finance to buy a jet with western engine and avionics. If they had the would've bought f-16 or gripen long ago.
4. Jf-17 fulfills srilanka needs perfectly. Its a small nimble jet, easy maintenance, spares availability, supported by strong jet building capabilities of pak and china, large variety of armaments Air to air, air to ground and anti ship, and can also integrate western avionics, block 2 version will also be upgraded with aesa and other avionics. It has served beautiful on 27th feb also jammed your mirrages and has had export success. Take ypur diplomatic relations or BULLYING out of the equation and your shit box is nothing compared to jf17, it has nothing to offer. IMO its disgraceful to compare jf-17 with tejas. Cheers!!.
Good questions
1. Operational requirements vary... Srilanka airforce will have their own doctrine
2. Same as point 1, even they will also have a say in upgrades
3. I don't think they are available for lanka due to their human rights track record
4. Only advantage jf-17 gives is no foreign sanctions in future which makes it an attractive over tejas

I dont know why we are obsessed with giving Tejas to SL. Firstly, we cannot trust SL, and from OpSec PoV I dont think even MoD or IAF allow it.

What we do if the Chinese compromise our secrets, simple as NCTR modes, which neither Pakistanis and Chinese heard of. If SL dont want it, imo, good riddance. And for what SLAF need Tejas for? For attacking the Maldives? We should allow SL to buy even Jf-17 Block-2, and do the espionage missions there.

Also, we should focus on Afg, Afg needs an AF to do CAS and CAP mission, we should develop a Tejas Mk1A export variant as aid package to Afg (without critical tech).
They need it, also PAF then also has to focus on the western side of their border. Why not shooting two targets with one bullet. And no one going to build Afghan AF, neither Americans nor Europeans. Only we can build there Air force.
Let me ask you - in terms of ease of maintenance which is better?

In a country like SL - easy of maintenance is a must. Otherwise it will sit on the tarmac
Are you suggesting JF-17 is a lower maintenance-intensive? How many flight hours is it achieving each year?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom