What's new

Squid Game: A Dystopian Korean Drama Featuring a Pakistani Migrant Worker

I read the story and it is a good one and the film was well-received but in what points do you equate its story with the South Korean serial ?

And yes, it is sad what has become of Kangana.

Emraan Hashmi played the same role, immigrant labor in Korea. And the similarity kind of ended there I guess.

Has been a while, I don't remember details. I do remember Emraan played the role rather well. And technically, the film was well shot.

The actor is South Indian. He looks Dravidian af. He doesn’t look Pakistani at all. The ignorant *** Korean casting director is obviously blind.

I don't know who the **** was responsible for getting this cast put together, that fucking actor looks like a chaprasi in a South Indian gutter cleaning household.

That TV is just picking normal brown guy as they will feel inferior if handsome brown man appear in that serial :smokin:

View attachment 786833

Ha ha ha just another brown dude like us trying to make it in the world. :lol:

But yes - Western directors try to contend with general Western public opinion on what a brown dude should look like...and they fail miserably at times. Depiction of brown Asian guys and gals in visual US media was scarce even a decade ago.

But this is changing and changing fast.

Take these brown kids for instance (mostly born and bred in the US). They are popular among young Y gen Americans of ALL shades today. Aziz Ansari's career kind of bombed however (he is sitting it out for now). Some are in comedy. Don't want to hijack the thread but just wanted to point this out.

Hasan Minhaj
iu

Aziz Ansari
iu

Kumail Nanjiani
iu

Ha ha ha just another brown dude like us trying to make it in the world. :lol:

But yes - Western directors try to contend with general Western public opinion on what a brown dude should look like...and they fail miserably at times. Depiction of brown Asian guys and gals in visual US media was scarce even a decade ago.

But this is changing and changing fast.

Take these brown kids for instance (mostly born and bred in the US). They are popular among young Y gen Americans of ALL shades today. Aziz Ansari's career kind of bombed however (he is sitting it out for now). Some are in comedy. Don't want to hijack the thread but just wanted to point this out.

Hasan Minhaj
iu

Aziz Ansari
iu

Kumail Nanjiani
iu

Yup, I have shown funny South Asian comedy brought in PDF :sarcastic:

Why dont use this thread to show brown can be handsome as well :super:

I don't understand what's the fuzz about this series ? its not some piece of art or crazy twisted story.
All the hype came from TikTok, it went viral there and weeks later its still going. Also this beauty - 067 or HoYeon Jung in real life, her Instagram went from 500k to 22m in like 2 weeks time.:yes4:

who-is-player-067-squid-game.jpg

I know right
That Korean casting team should visit PDF to understand a scientifically proven fact on this forum that Indians and Pakistanis are racially very different. Anyone who hasn't visited PDF still thinks otherwise. That's sad.

You people have absurd obsession about associating yourselves racially with Pakistanis and Afghans. Being Black is OKAY. Have some self respect.

@RiazHaq
On topic: This guy keeps acting as illegal Pakistani immigrant in different Korean movies/drama. Another one I can recall off the top of my head is 'Strangers From Hell'.

You people have absurd obsession about associating yourselves racially with Pakistanis and Afghans. Being Black is OKAY. Have some self respect.

@RiazHaq
On topic: This guy keeps acting as illegal Pakistani immigrant in different Korean movies/drama. Another one I can recall off the top of my head is 'Strangers From Hell'.
The funny thing is, all the top most popular bollywood actors and actresses are Pakistani (or other non-Indian) ethnicities like Kashmiri or Pashtun, such as Shahrukh Khan. Fair skin is also worshipped in India and they're obsessed with aryan genes and castes. It stems from an inferiority complex.

@RiazHaq

The Pakistani film industry should get in touch with casting directors around the world (and actors/actresses of Pakistani decent around the world), so that when they are looking for an authentic Pakistani actor or actress, they can pick from from amongst the genuine population.

This shouldn’t be ignored, as with time these kinds of representations build up and effect the perception of the nation globally.

Bruh... That guy looks Asian.

Yup, that is Indonesian guy, just want to show brown people can be handsome as well, many brown South Asian IMO are also comparable with the light skin ones, but the entertainment industry is just focusing on the light skin actors as main character

African ethnic

1634962985298.png

All the hype came from TikTok, it went viral there and weeks later its still going. Also this beauty - 067 or HoYeon Jung in real life, her Instagram went from 500k to 22m in like 2 weeks time.:yes4:

who-is-player-067-squid-game.jpg

She is a beauty ?

Yup, that is Indonesian guy, just want to show brown people can be handsome as well, many brown South Asian IMO are also comparable with the light skin ones, but the entertainment industry is just focusing on the light skin actors as main character

African ethnic

View attachment 787064
:enjoy:I thought brown people tag is reserved for South, West Asians and South Americans. And you guys fall under the Asian category.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom