What's new

SPECTACULAR OPENING OF ICC CRICKET WORLD CUP 2011 IN BANGLADESH

FOR ME IT WAS A FANTASTIC OPENING CEREMONY

THE BEST PARTS 4 ME WHERE -
- THE SONU NIGAM SONG (WAS WAY BEYOND MY EXPECTATION)
- THE BANGLADESH LIBERATION AND BENAGAL LANGUAGE DAY ACTS (IT WAS GIVING ME GOOSEBUMPS)
- THE COLLECTION OF OLD SONGS FROM THE BANGLADESHI SINGER
-SRILANKAN CULTURAL FORMS (ESPECIALY THE GIRLS:cheesy:)

THE PARTS I HATED WERE
- THE LOOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG SPEECHES
- THE VIRTICAL PITCH PERFORMANCE
- MOST OF THE DANCE PERFORMANCES WHICH WHERE LACKED ANY LIFEEE (THE NAKKE MUKKA DANCE WAS KILLING ME)

BUT SURE GAVE ME SO MUCH TO BE PROUD OF
HONESTLY, FOR SOME PERIOD I COULD IMAGINE MYSELF AS A BANGLADESHI (MY CLOSEST SWEETEST:smitten: FRND IS A BENGALI)
GOOD LUCK TO INDIA BANGLADESH AND SRILANKA

Channel 9
report: cricket world cup opening
ceremony held at dhaka registered
a rating of 9.69 by IMG. Just behind
the Beijing Olympic(9.78). Even the
Fifa WC opening ceremony just
received a rating of 9.58! Sorry i dont have the link

Look: Beauty of Bangladesh

Nice video and ceremony. Some people may find that boring, like political parts was boring to me. But I think we have done well. People was highly enthusiastic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks mautkimaut, A lot of people here are showing their ignorance and ridiculing the performance of artists and the organizer. My question to them- are you comparing it with the Olympic, Asian Games, CWG opening ceremony by the Chinese or Indians?? Sorry neither we don't have the budget nor we do have the technical capability like them. So you shouldn't expect anything sooper dooper technological wonder or exceptional performance. Secondly we don't have the experience of organizing an event of this category. The best we have done before was SAAF games an that was a regional event. So why this sarcasm??

I look forward to the WC and have a breakfast party on the 02-26 for the Pakistan game that start at 4:00 AM EST. Good job Bangladesh.

Thanks mautkimaut, A lot of people here are showing their ignorance and ridiculing the performance of artists and the organizer. My question to them- are you comparing it with the Olympic, Asian Games, CWG opening ceremony by the Chinese or Indians?? Sorry neither we don't have the budget nor we do have the technical capability like them. So you shouldn't expect anything sooper dooper technological wonder or exceptional performance. Secondly we don't have the experience of organizing an event of this category. The best we have done before was SAAF games an that was a regional event. So why this sarcasm??

ignore the fools mate, the ceremony was excellent and you & other BD members should be proud of it :tup:

Channel 9
report: cricket world cup opening
ceremony held at dhaka registered
a rating of 9.69 by IMG. Just behind
the Beijing Olympic(9.78). Even the
Fifa WC opening ceremony just
received a rating of 9.58! Sorry i dont have the link

To me it was comparable to the fifa worldcup opening ceremony. If we got the support like the RSA from FIFA(one special person sepp blater)did we could have done far better. :)

I love the elephant mascot! The decorated rickshaws were really cute.

Rickshaw always cute! To a lot of people(nt bangladeshi) it could be a sign of poorness but if they had ever ride this wonderful vehicle i bet most them would loved it.

My Pleasure
Anyways the great part of the ceremony was the revolution you showed.And yes Rickshaws gave it the unique identity..And most of all
Now BD will be having self belief that they can do any thing

the worst part of da program was speech of lotus kamal .

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom