What's new

Specifications of JF-17

Per Article published in AFM and/or brochure for an Airshow for jf17 FCS has limit for 8G max and 26degree turn which ever comes first
Per Article published in AFM and/or brochure for an Airshow for jf17 FCS has limit for 8G max and 26degree turn which ever comes first

26 Degree is the Angle of Attack sir ji, not the Instantaneous turn rate (ITR).

However, the quote of 18 degree ITR for JFT is not true. I have heard it is around 22 degree for ITR and 17-18 degree for STR.

26 Degree is the Angle of Attack sir ji, not the Instantaneous turn rate (ITR).

However, the quote of 18 degree ITR for JFT is not true. I have heard it is around 22 degree for ITR and 17-18 degree for STR.

I doubt AoA can be 26 Degrees,

Clear the confusion.

Holy Cow it says spool up time from idle to full military thrust that is full afterburner is 3 seconds that's sounds too good to me. M-882 spool up time is approximately the same and I believe in RD-93 MA it may improved up-to 2.5 to less then 2 seconds which is more then good for an engine of this calibre.

Holy Cow it says spool up time from idle to full military thrust that is full afterburner is 3 seconds that's sounds too good to me. M-882 spool up time is approximately the same and I believe in RD-93 MA it may improved up-to 2.5 to less then 2 seconds which is more then good for an engine of this calibre.
Where does it say that?

upload_2016-9-5_14-50-47.png

upload_2016-9-5_22-54-50.png

'

old
upload_2016-9-5_23-11-10.png

info

Where does it say that?

Sorry I tried to quote this post earlier but its slipped somehow I am attaching the image below.

Please read from fourth line that begins after period. "The engine has ......."

The source is Aerospace International and article is from 2010 and now its been 6 years so I firmly believe that RD-93MA
would be having spool up time better than 3 seconds which could be between 1.5 to 2 seconds as MA is a much improved version has FADEC (more or less a FADEC if not Full Authority) more life hours better performance and less turnaround time.

6iOwLq0.jpg

Where does it say that?

this is correct information, average spooltime is <3 sec. Its a small engine. Larger is the engine, longer is the spooltime. A twin spool design like rd-93 has a front compressors attahced to rear turbines with an inner shaft and a high pressure compressor and a high pressure turbine att. to outer shaft. Shafts are not interdependant meaning can rotate independently producing even higher compression (cause of black smoke).

Sorry I tried to quote this post earlier but its slipped somehow I am attaching the image below.

The source is Aerospace International and article is from 2010 and now its been 6 years so I firmly believe that RD-93MA
would be having spool up time better than 3 seconds which could be between 1.5 to 2 seconds as MA is a much improved version has FADEC (more or less a FADEC if not Full Authority) more life hours better performance and less turnaround time.

6iOwLq0.jpg

The turn rate is erroneous as that would tear the aircraft apart.

6iOwLq0.jpg
:lol::rofl:

To be honest i m not very impressed with the specification of jf-17 . Pakistan should consider to develop a radar and avionics factory and in the process create university for up-coming students and Research and development for future . this is the only way to be success full in present and in future . they should encourage university student project and new invention by supporting the funding which can be useful for future products .Radar can be use as air born radar also it can helpful for the SAM and ground base radars also which allow them to detect stealthy planes .In today's era detecting is everything if you can't see it you can't win except the Turbo-fan .Pakistan should put efforts and investment in that area as soon as possible and develop a semi-stealth with own re-searched aircraft with imported engine .
(About turbo-fan:we all know that engine or turbo fan development require expirence and huge investment that Pakistan don't have to waste money but it can be imported for the time being later we can develop that )
These are the requirement for (Medium weight semi-stealth aircraft independently with imported turbo-fan)

(About turbo-fan:we all know that engine or turbo fan development require expirence and huge investment that Pakistan don't have to waste money but it can be imported for the time being later we can develop that )

Pakistan has already put in substantial work in turbine-fans. Chengdu was my place in 2003. What we absolutely need urgently is investment in high bypass turbine-fan technology at home both in infrastructure and core technological development. The vision of the current ACM is in the right direction but should be speeded up X10. We lag behind, we need to run.

Oscar Its about engine spool up time from idle to full makes me feel you have mixed it up with sustained turn rate or is it something I am missing!! Can you please elaborate I highly appreciate it, thanks.

Kiya hua baita khariat hai na ???
See the underlined part in that image.

Oscar Its about engine spool up time from idle to full makes me feel you have mixed it up with sustained turn rate or is it something I am missing!! Can you please elaborate I highly appreciate it, thanks.

Kiya hua baita khariat hai na ???
Bilkul Dada Jan:lol: your underlined sustain turn rate is too much for both airframe and the pilot:rofl:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom