What's new

South Korea's Indigenous IFV K-21.

Anyeung ha shimnika ! Thanks for the update.
oh no you're korean is catastrophe
forget it, was just a silly joke:pleasantry:
it's sad that koreans barely come to this far other than mpnet, maybe just because they've got their own domestic forums running firmly.

oh no you're korean is catastrophe
forget it, was just a silly joke:pleasantry:
it's sad that koreans barely come to this far other than mpnet, maybe just because they've got their own domestic forums running firmly.

Ha ha ha, if there are more Koreans here, maybe i can work on my korean language skills. :)

Good to have you on board, buddy. We need more South Korean members here and the South Korean Military is a powerful military force and should be represented here with regular updates.

^__^) /")

Ha ha ha, if there are more Koreans here, maybe i can work on my korean language skills. :)

Good to have you on board, buddy. We need more South Korean members here and the South Korean Military is a powerful military force and should be represented here with regular updates.

^__^) /")
Thanks alot always my pleasure meeting same asians here

Thanks alot always my pleasure meeting same asians here

Pleasure is mine to getting to meet Koreans in here. There's plenty of Chinese, Vietnamese, Filipinos, Indonesians, Indians, Pakistanis , Iranians in here. But there are so few Koreans and Japanese.

I hope you stay active here, dude.

These seats look like are not designed to be lifted and protect soldiers from the shock of mine explosion..
Exactly but since there are tons of ways to improve protection it won't be a big deal for a while.
BBS_201504010533198310.jpg

there's been an update on K21's anti-aircraft ability.
During the recent AA live fire exercise of K21 conducted by the army 11th mechanized infantry division on the premise of firing its multimode-fused ammunition in three round burst or single shot firing to neutralize a target flying at the speed of 300㎞/h, and a height of 500~1000ft, the exercise has been done successfully, proving it is capable of attacking against aircraft targets.

This is remarkable since this is the only anti-air exercise conducted solely so far since it entered the service in 2009.

Exactly but since there are tons of ways to improve protection it won't be a big deal for a while.
BBS_201504010533198310.jpg

there's been an update on K21's anti-aircraft ability.
During the recent AA live fire exercise of K21 conducted by the army 11th mechanized infantry division on the premise of firing its multimode-fused ammunition in three round burst or single shot firing to neutralize a target flying at the speed of 300㎞/h, and a height of 500~1000ft, the exercise has been done successfully, proving it is capable of attacking against aircraft targets.

This is remarkable since this is the only anti-air exercise conducted solely so far since it entered the service in 2009.
I understand you.. actually, i dont think it will be a hard duty for Korea to have lifted chairs. they just need some research..
Actually, most of the soldiers die from the shock effect. even though you improve protection under the vehicle, it will not be enough to save soldiers..

I understand you.. actually, i dont think it will be a hard duty for Korea to have lifted chairs. they just need some research..
Actually, most of the soldiers die from the shock effect. even though you improve protection under the vehicle, it will not be enough to save soldiers..
they'd better do, because even the latest version of bradley m2a3 busk iii guarantees survivability against 10t of tnt.
hopefully there will be much improved ied solutions seen on the relatively new wheeled vehicle design (in addition to the blast protected seats), which is currently waiting to enter service.
20140818074513_4.jpg

20140818074513.jpg

Last edited:
Hello. It has been a long time. I'm back (not for long)

Just wanted to let you know that MOD and ADD is considering beefing up armor for the K21
1430556973100.jpg

These are the 3 types of configurations that are under consideration at the moment.

Type no.1: consists of only NERA blocks, which is currently under research as well, covers the whole sections of the vehicle.
Expected total weight increase: 3.4t

Type no.2:consists of only NERA blocks as well, but this time covering only vital parts.
Expected total weight increase: 2.4t

Type no.3:Is my favorite, consists of both NERA blocks and slat armor.
Expected total weight increase: 2.44t

Well, that's it for today.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom