What's new

South Korea: Dependence in the Age of OPCON

The only good Muslims in the world today is the Chinese Muslims, Hui or Panthay. No one harass Panthay, even in Myanmar. For a long time, Muslims have been orgasming on their gangsterism. They are not victim of others, they are gangsters and trouble maker.

Panthay Muslims protect their name

He said the residents of the Panthay quarter on 80th Street worked hard to keep good relations with their Buddhist neighbours, and added that much of the anger ostensibly directed against Muslims was in fact aimed at ethnic Indians.

“There have always been frictions between the Indians [and the Myanmar],” he said, adding the Panthays managed to stay outside the fray.

Because Qing China has done something bad Muslims, who wanted to create Islamic State around Xinjiang.

Look at this Dungan Revolt.
Revolt objective: create an islamic country.

Dungan revolt (1862–77) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Qing China heavy handedly crush down the revolt. Thanx gifted general Zuo.

Not all Muslim in China were rebels. But the rebel force were muslim who want to create Islamic country.
Sound familiar?

Currently if you add #Muslim in ASEAN and non-Muslim, the later are still majority, or may be on par. Indonesia is not 97% Muslim, but 80% according to Wiki. Malaysia has 37-40% non-muslim Malaysian Chinese. If you add BD population into the inequality, then Muslim will outnumber non-muslim. Then,... Fire of conflict will occurs. You see Chinese persecuation in Indonesia, Malay Chinese 2nd citizenship, and so on. I would not go to quote Quran for you. There are even teaching about how to do with non-muslim.

You read Viet Comment around #3 - #5 on this thread. Why even a Vietnamese also oppose Islam? You see the ongoing conflict with Bhuddist in Burma and Sri Lanka, why is that happening? How many combination of all number of religious are their? Suppose the world has Christ, Hindu, Buddhist, Kong zhi, Islam, Juda, a total of 6 religious. How many pairs of conflict of these 6 religious there can be? Mathematical answer gives you 6(choose)2=15 pairs.

Now you open the news and count. How many conflict Christ vs Hindu? Christ vs Bhuddist? Christ vs Kongzhi, Christ Vs Islam? Christ vs Juda? Hindu vs Bhuddist? Hindu vs Khong zhi? and so on. Keep doing this until all 15 pairs are counted.

You will find overwhelming conflict with Islam. Why is that? Ph.D student? gives the proper explanation.

Now lets list some country where there are ongoing conflict with Muslim.
Thailand, Srilangka, Myanmar, China, Russia, U.S., Israel, .... and the list keep going, why is that?

Lets look at our friend kalu_miah why is he so pro islam that one day muslim will conquer the world? Why is that? Why are they so much about conquer other's religious&land? Why is that?

My previous occupation was telecom engineer, I went to live in Brunei 3-4 months, Pakistan 1-2 months, and I can't live in these 2 countries. I really don't like. Its about culture, especially about culture w.r.t women. There was a project to go to Saudi-arabia. I was so... happy that the project didn't happened. I was so happy with my 6 months in Singapore. It was so good.

If you want us to live with Islamic culture for your latent political desire to contain China, you are so not care about us. Many of Thai and me cannot live in islamic country.

Read this: Christian Pakistani takes refugee to Thailand because of religious
Packing their bags: Christians moving to Thailand to escape violence, insecurity – The Express Tribune

Well said my friend...

Because Qing China has done something bad Muslims, who wanted to create Islamic State around Xinjiang.

Look at this Dungan Revolt.
Revolt objective: create an islamic country.

Dungan revolt (1862–77) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Qing China heavy handedly crush down the revolt. Thanx gifted general Zuo.

Not all Muslim in China were rebels. But the rebel force were muslim who want to create Islamic country.
Sound familiar?

Yes, for a Muslim, it's hard for them to accept non Muslim leader / kafir ...
They also thought they must live under shariat law...
That's why many Muslim refuge in Australia demand shariat law being implant.. While on another hand they run away from their country because of fucked up system called shariat law...

Just wait couple of years, japan will be screw by these people who demand shariat law being implant...

Last edited:
Currently if you add #Muslim in ASEAN and non-Muslim, the later are still majority, or may be on par. Indonesia is not 97% Muslim, but 80% according to Wiki. Malaysia has 37-40% non-muslim Malaysian Chinese. If you add BD population into the inequality, then Muslim will outnumber non-muslim. Then,... Fire of conflict will occurs. You see Chinese persecuation in Indonesia, Malay Chinese 2nd citizenship, and so on. I would not go to quote Quran for you. There are even teaching about how to do with non-muslim.

You read Viet Comment around #3 - #5 on this thread. Why even a Vietnamese also oppose Islam? You see the ongoing conflict with Bhuddist in Burma and Sri Lanka, why is that happening? How many combination of all number of religious are their? Suppose the world has Christ, Hindu, Buddhist, Kong zhi, Islam, Juda, a total of 6 religious. How many pairs of conflict of these 6 religious there can be? Mathematical answer gives you 6(choose)2=15 pairs.

Now you open the news and count. How many conflict Christ vs Hindu? Christ vs Bhuddist? Christ vs Kongzhi, Christ Vs Islam? Christ vs Juda? Hindu vs Bhuddist? Hindu vs Khong zhi? and so on. Keep doing this until all 15 pairs are counted.

You will find overwhelming conflict with Islam. Why is that? Ph.D student? gives the proper explanation.

Thailand, Srilangka, Myanmar, China, Russia, U.S., Israel, .... and the list keep going, why is that?

Lets look at our friend kalu_miah why is he so pro islam that one day muslim will conquer the world? Why is that? Why are they so much about conquer other's religious&land? Why is that?

My previous occupation was telecom engineer, I went to live in Brunei 3-4 months, Pakistan 1-2 months, and I can't live in these 2 countries. I really don't like. Its about culture, especially about culture w.r.t women. There was a project to go to Saudi-arabia. I was so... happy that the project didn't happened. I was so happy with my 6 months in Singapore. It was so good.

If you want us to live with Islamic culture for your latent political desire to contain China, you are so not care about us. Many of Thai and me cannot live in islamic country.

Packing their bags: Christians moving to Thailand to escape violence, insecurity – The Express Tribune

Sawat Di Krap Kun @somsak

Peun, Kap kun mak sam rabh ka meun kong khun.

First and foremost, I would like to say thank you for bringing up your view, and i can empathize with your viewpoint, considering the current situation in Thailand's southern provinces of Pattani, Songkhla and Nakhon Si Thammarat. These southern provinces are understandably different to the provinces in Central Thailand and even in the North, to a certain degree. Most of Central , Northern and Northeastern Thailand are predominantly Thervada Buddhists, in fact, this is one religious affiliaiton that Thailand has in common with Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar and Sri Lanka. I don't include Vietnam in this because Vietnam does not practice the Thervada School of Buddhism, but, practices the Mahayana School of Buddhism, as did China and the rest of East Asia.

The southern provinces of Thailand, in particular Nakhon Si Thammarat, Pattani, Songkhla have a rather rich demography. The ethnic groups are composed of Malays, and Thai ethnics (Tai-Mon-Khmer). I'm sure you know this already but before southern Thailand was united with Siam during the 16th century, it was an independent Kingdom , a Malay Kingdom known as Negara Sri Dharmaraja. This kingdom, along with other Malay princely states populated Peninsular Malaysia. And like the Malay states, had converted to Islam ,as did the Sultanate of Malaccas. So that is a fundamental religious difference. As to this day, southern Thailand remains Muslim.

Thank you for the clarification. You are right, Indonesia's population is at 260 million, with some 88% of the population belonging to the Islamic Faith. The rest are either Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, etc. And at 88%, that puts some 228 Million Indonesians who are Muslim. Let us examine Malaysia; Malaysia's population is about 30 Million and of that amount some 61% practice Islam. So about 18 Million Malaysians are Muslims. Brunei has a population of about 417,000 and of that around 63% is Muslim, so about 262,000 are Muslim. Let's look at the Philippines, which has a very large Christian population. The Philippines' overall population is at 100 Million, of that amount about 10% are Muslim, so around 10 Million Filipinos are Muslim. Let's look at Thailand shall we? Thailand's population stands at 66 Million, and of that number some 5% are Muslim, so around 3 Million Thais are Muslim. Let's look at Myanmar, with a population of some 61 Million and of that number around 4% are Muslim, so about 2.5 Million are Muslim. Let's look at Singapore, a nation of 5 million and has a muslim population of 14%, so about 700,000 are muslim. Let's combine the total Muslim population of South East Asia, shall we? (Note that I did not include Cambodia, Laos and Vietnam because these countries have negligible Muslim population)

228 Million -- Indonesia
18 Million -- Malaysia
10 Million -- Philippines
3 Million -- Thailand
2.5 Million -- Myanmar
700,000 -- Singapore
262,000 -- Brunei
-------------------------------
Total : 263 Million Muslims

Let us use some Quantitative Statistics, shall we? Let's compare the number of Muslims in South East Asia to the overall population of the countries that make up South East Asia.

260 Million -- Indonesia
100 Million -- Philippines
89 Million -- Vietnam
66 Million -- Thailand
61 Million -- Myanmar
15 Million -- Cambodia
6 Million -- Laos
5 Million -- Singapore
417,000 -- Brunei
-------------------------------
Total: 602 Million South East Asians

Let us divide the number of Muslims by the number of the overall population sample:
263 Million ÷ 602 Million = .43 x 100% = 43% are Muslim.

Now, that is actually quite a large sum , almost half of the population of South East Asia are Muslim, quantitatively.

In light of the quantitative data that I have demonstrated with you, we can see that the demography indicates a fusion and a milieu of religious domination(s) in South East Asia. True, there have been clashes with peoples of different faith backgrounds, but the catalyst of this is usually due to ignorance on the persecutors' part. And I would deign to say that your examples of Myanmar is not a good example. In fact, collectively, Myanmar persecutes all its minorities, not just the Muslim Rohingya or the Arakanese. The Myanmar Junta persecutes the Shan, the Chin, the Wa, the Karen, as well as Rohingya. This is the very reason why Thailand, currently, has over 150,000 refugees in its territory who are originally from Myanmar.

Please refer to:
Burmese Refugees in Thailand

Let me ask you this, If Islam is such a hostile religion, then why has there been no unilateral action on Indonesia's part to subjugate Thailand, or Myanmar, or the Philippines? I mean, She (Indonesia) has the man power, the resources to do so. Technically, and objectively, the Tentara Nasional Indonesia (TNI) could hammer the armed forces of most south east asia. But it didn't did it? I mean, the only country that Indonesia had a confrontation with was with Malaysia and that was during the birth of the country, which lead to the Konfrontasi. Subsequently, Indonesia ceased any nationalist expansion outside of its territory. The same with Malaysia. Malaysia didn't expand militarily or conducted policies of absurdity and subversion in continental south east asia. In fact, Malaysia had worked in trying to be the middle man with the Philippines and the latter's foibles with the MNLF (Moro National Liberation Front) and the MILF (Moro Independence Liberation Front). In fact, it was through Malaysia that the PHilippines concluded a lasting peace treaty with the MILF. So you can see that one muslim nation was acting to obtain regional peace, in the case of the Philippines, which had battled insurgency for a long time.

Dare I even say that the Muslim countries in ASEAN , Malaysia and Indonesia, were one of the original founders of ASEAN. Inf act it was through the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Singapore that ASEAN was birthed. A replacement of the defunct SEATO.

Give the vibrant contribution countries in ASEAN with a large muslim population, can we suspect potential states who have an interest in ASEAN, per se Bangladesh? I think not. Bangladesh , in its history has not started a war of aggression on its neighbors.

On the contrary, ASEAN hasn't descended into civil war, or obscurity due to prevailing differences in faith systems, political systems, military platforms. These rich dichotomies in standards of operations provides ASEAN with the opportunity to test out their interoperability, and an example for the rest of the world to see how civilisation(s) with unique characteristics and social contracts can work together to find and meet mutual benefit.

Now lets list some country where there are ongoing conflict with Muslim...
Thailand, Srilangka, Myanmar,....

Why are you listing Sri Lanka? The current social catastrophe , the civil war, that had plagued Sri Lanka was not catalyzed by muslims, my dear. No. The Civil War in Sri Lanka was between the Sinhalese Government which waged a war with the separatist Tamils of northern Sri Lanka. It was an ethnic-based war.

Do research on the Sri Lanka Civil War before you relegate blame on the wrong populatory demography. Btw, the Singhalese of Sri Lanka are Buddhists, and the Tamils are Hindu.

BBC News - Sri Lanka country profile - Overview

http://www.cfr.org/terrorist-organizations-and-networks/sri-lankan-conflict/p11407

From reading @kalu_miah 's posts for quite some time now, the man never once showed his position on brutal conquest, but rather, has opined and championed regional integration, and the respect of the rule of law. So i don't see your accusation at all, in fact, it might even reflect on your own personal bias.

The remainder of your post are a reflection of your personal experiences and point(s) of view(s), which are not objective in nature, but rather, from the tone of your stance(s) is rather subjective.I encourage you to have a more broadened and enlightened view.

Sincerely I Remain,
@Nihonjin1051
Ph.D. Candidate, I&O Psychology, Quantitative Stats Specialization

Last edited:
@Viet

I do agree with you that medium powers, or developing powers need to stick together and to help each other with similar developmental goals. As it stands, these small countries in ASEAN really need each other especially to address security goals. Nations in ASEAN would do well to integrate geographical partners.

Fully agree with you!

Seems ASEAN people see Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are South Asia countries rather than in SouthEast Asia.
Timore Leste, possible

My View Only. Cannot generalize to other Thai. But many Bhuddist Thai shares my view.
@Nihonjin1051

BIG NO NO NO NO NO for Bangladesh to join ASEAN.

I think Myanmar people is very likely to agree with me according to the news.

No Bangladesh in ASEAN. No No No.

Reason:
Do you see on going ethnic/religious conflict in Burma?
Do you know Rohingya news?
There was no Rohingya. Rohingya is actually ethnic Bangladesh in Burma. Simply as that. They are Muslim
According to Thai romors, these people are very lazy. They keep reproducing very fast. They can have many wives too, because of their religous. They can have 4 wifes.

Look at the news. Bangladesh Muslim burned Bhuddist temples.
http://www.komchadluek.net/detail/20121001/141247/สลด!เผาวัดพุทธบังคลาเทศวอด.html

From what I read on the net.
Ethnic Burmese in BD are under suppression. They are driven out from their land in BD by BD muslim people, and BD government just pretend to look at other direction. In return, ethnic BD who happened to be Muslim in Myanmar also has a conflict with Burmese Bhuddist in Myanmar. Therefore, population swap already occurring. It seems that Myanmar Bhuddist did the same, and drive out ethnic Bangladesh in Myanmar, and then invite those BD Bhuddist to stay the land of ethnic Bangladesh who happened to be Muslim in Myanmar.

BD is even nearer to Middle East. If we want to avoid middle east type of religious conflict, we need to stay away from BD. Soon ASEAN will be a single community. In long term, people can move regardless of country. Im afraid that some religious will use this opportunity to spread their religious. Islam religious came with islamic culture, which is very very very very different from western culture, or current Thai culture.

If Thailand & Myanmar falls under islam, the next will be Vietnam and China. The fire of middle east will reach all of us.

From my side, Im fully support Myanmar Bhuddist in this conflict. Fight Fight my Burmese friend.

Thailand is a key member of ASEAN and as a Thai citizen you have every right to voice your opposition about Bangladesh becoming a member of ASEAN. I agree with you that Myanmar people would have similar opinion. If there is opposition like this, then Bangladesh will not become a member of ASEAN.

But we have discussed this issue before. ASEAN itself is not a very effective group, ASEAN going for EU type integration will not happen any time soon. Like @Nihonjin1051 mentioned in his post, your reservation about Muslims who are slightly less than 50% of ASEAN nations in the south, Indonesia and Malaysia, will prevent such an integration from happening.

As for some of the things you said about Bangladesh, I would like to correct some misconceptions, if I may:

There is no ethnic Bangladeshi, there is ethnic Bengali, but this ethnic group are also collection of smaller ethnic variations who came together under Muslim rule from 1204 to 1757. Rohingya is related to ethnic Chittagonians who are their neighbors in Chittagong, that borders present day Myanmar. Bengal and Arakan (Rakhine state) history:

Bengal Sultanate:
Places and Structures of Ancient Bengal: Paintings and Pictures
7455305_f520.jpg

7455308_f520.jpg

Arakan used to be a vassal of Bengal Sultanate for centuries, long before it was conquered by Burman king around 1785. This happened because of the fall of Bengal to British in 1757 and the British did not look after Bengal's Vassals, but after 41 years, it was taken over by the British in 1826. British in 1947 decided to give Arakan to Burma.

The Rise of Islam and the Bengal Frontier, 1204–1760
"The reigns of Sultan ‘Ala al-Din Husain Shah (1493–1519) and his son Nasir al-Din Nusrat Shah (1519–32) are generally regarded as the “golden age” of the Bengal sultanate.[90] In Husain Shah’s reign, for example, Bengali Hindus participated in government to a considerable degree: his chief minister (vazīr), his chief of bodyguards, his master of the mint, his governor of Chittagong, his private physician, and his private secretary (dabīr-i khāṣ) were all Bengali Hindus.[91] In terms of its physical power and territorial extent, too, this was the sultanate’s high tide. In the second year of his reign, 1494, Sultan Husain Shah extended the kingdom’s northern frontiers, invading and annexing both Kuch Bihar (“Kamata”) and western Assam (“Kamrup”).[92] Writing around 1515, Tome Pires estimated this monarch’s armed forces at a hundred thousand cavalrymen. “He fights with heathen kings, great lords and greater than he,” wrote the Portuguese official, “but because the king of Bengal is nearer to the sea, he is more practised in war, and he prevails over them.”[93] The king thus managed to make a circle of vassals of his neighbors: Orissa to the southwest, Arakan to the southeast, and Tripura to the east.[94]

But the palmy days of independent Bengal were numbered. Even as the Husain Shahi dynasty was taking root, Babur, a brilliant Timurid prince, was rising to prominence in Central Asia and Afghanistan. In 1526, resolving to make a bid for empire in North India, Babur led his cavalry and cannon through the Khyber Pass and overthrew the Lodi dynasty of Afghans, the last rulers of a vastly shrunken and decayed Delhi sultanate. As a result of this triumph, defeated Afghans moved down the Gangetic plain and into the Bengal delta, where they were hospitably received by Nasir al-Din Nusrat Shah.[95] Thus the span of a century from the death of Jalal al-Din Muhammad (d. 1432) to that of Nasir al-Din Nusrat Shah (d. 1532) witnessed a wholesale transformation of Bengal’s political fabric. In the reign of the former sultan, descendants of old Turkish families had still formed the kingdom’s dominant ruling group. But in the following century the scope of Bengali participation at all levels of government continually widened, while the throne itself passed from Indo-Turks, to East Africans, to an Arab house, and, finally, to Afghans."

Also from history of Chittagong:
"The excavation of Neolithic fossils and tools in Sitakunda, Chittagong District indicate the presence of Stone Age settlements in the region as early as the third millennium BCE.[19] The earliest historical records of the Port of Chittagong date back to the 4th century BC, when sailors from the area embarked on voyages to Southeast Asia. The 2nd century Graeco-Roman geographer Ptolemy mentioned the port on his map as one of the finest harbours in Asia and the eastern frontier of the Indian subcontinent.[20] The 7th century traveling Chinese scholar and poet Xuanzang described it as "a sleeping beauty emerging from mists and water".[21][22]

The region was part of the ancient Bengali Buddhist kingdoms of Harikela and Samatata. According to Tibetan chronicles, the area was the capital of the Buddhist king Govindachandra and the site of a major monastery called Pandit Vihara. Arab and Persian traders arrived in the 8th century, and the region emerged as a major trading centre on the maritime silk route, renowned for its pearls, rice, and textiles.[23] Chittagong also attracted many Sufi missionaries who settled in the region and played an instrumental role in the spread of Islam.[21][17] In 1231, Chittagong was seized by the Deva dynasty under the reign of Damodaradeva.[24]

Sultan Fakhruddin Mubarak Shah of Sonargaon conquered Chittagong in 1340.[25] He constructed a highway from Chittagong to Chandpur and ordered the construction of lavish mosques and tombs.[26]The Moroccan explorer Ibn Battuta visited the city in 1443 and sailed from the port to Canton in China.[27] The Italian merchant Niccolò de' Conti visited the city around the same time as Battuta.[28] In the mid-15th century, the Chinese Treasure Fleet of Admiral Zheng He anchored in the port during numerous imperial missions to the Sultanate of Bengal.[29] The Ottoman Empire utilized the shipyards of Chittagong to build its naval forces.[30] After the defeat of Mahmud Shah at the hands of Sher Shah in 1538, the Arakanese Kingdom of Mrauk U conquered Chittagong. The Portuguese established merchant communities on the banks of the Karnaphuli in 1528. In collusion with Magh pirates and the Arakanese, Portuguese traders dominated the area for more than a century.[31][32] The Mughal commander Shayestha Khan and his son Buzurg Umed Khan expelled the Arakanese from the area in 1666 and established Mughal rule there. After the Arakanese expulsion, Islamabad, as the area came to be known, economically progressed. This can mainly be attributed to an efficient system of land-grants to selected diwans or faujdars to clear massive areas of hinterland and start cultivation. The Mughals, similar to the Afghans who came earlier, also built mosques having a rich contribution to the architecture in the area.[clarification needed] What is called Chittagong today also began to have improved connections with the rest of Mughal Bengal.[7][28][31][32][33][34][35][36][37]

In 1685, the British East India Company sent out an expedition under Admiral Nicholson with instructions to seize Chittagong and fortify it on behalf of the English but the expedition proved abortive. Two years later, the Court of Directors, determined to make Chittagong the headquarters of their Bengal trade, sent out a fleet of ten or eleven ships to seize it under Captain Heath. However, after reaching Chittagong in early 1689, they found the city too strongly held and abandoned the attempt. The city remained under the possession of the Mughals until 1760 when it was ceded to the East India Company by Mir Qasim, the Nawab of Bengal.[38][39]"

This should give an idea how the history of Arakan was closely related to history of Bengal. That is why we have Buddhist Rakhines living in Bangladesh and Rohingya living in Arakan:
Rakhine people, Bangladesh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

From 1826 to 1947, there was no border between Bengal and Arakan, as both were under British rule, so its possible that migration happened during that time in both directions, but the after the border was closed in 1947, there was very little possibility of migration, as then Pakistan was a much more prosperous state than Burma at the time.

About Buddhist temple burning, Indian agent Awami League workers did this incident, most probably to strain relationship between Buddhist majority countries and Bangladesh:
Minorities are no longer safe under Awami League’s rule
"Similar incident happened in Ramu, Cox’s Bazar, a district in South Eastern Bangladesh where Buddhist community came under attack from the members of Awami League. It is reported that a mob led by ruling party sitting MP of the region torched and vandalised a village of Buddhists in Cox’s Bazaar’s Ramu Upazila early on Sunday 30 September, in one of the worst religious attacks in Bangladesh apparently triggered by a Facebook posting allegedly defaming the Quran. Leader of the opposition party BNP Barrister Moudud Ahmad claimed that it was a preplanned attack to destroy country’s communal harmony, as this is unprecedented in Bangladesh’s history. It had been alleged that the attack was launched as per government’s instruction to drive nation eyes away from its alleged corruption regarding Padma Bridge raised by the World Bank.

Daily Star, famous English daily in Bangladesh wrote that it has all the telltale signs of a preplanned attack. A very focused operation that targeted Buddhist homes and establishments. The Muslim houses nestled between the Buddhist houses were left untouched. The attack spanned over six hours. The attackers swept across Ramu, demolishing temples and houses neighbourhood after neighbourhood. And all this while, the role of the police and local administration remains veiled in mystery.

The daily also reported that angry people started gathering close to the Buddhist neighbourhood around 7:30pm and were openly threatening to attack the Buddhists. They marched down the roads chanting slogans and ultimately entered the neighbourhood to carry out the atrocities at around 10:30pm.

All this while, the OC did not send any policemen to guard against the attack. He came to Sima Bihar at 11:30pm and told the Buddhists to hand over Uttam, the man in question. He also assured them that nothing would happen to them and asked them to go to sleep. He promised to send his force and went away. He did not keep his promise."

Can you provide a link to show where Ethnic Burmese are being driven out of Bangladesh? There is no population swap happening between Bangladesh and Myanmar, please show a link for it.

Is India nearer to the Middle East? Bangladesh is to the east of India. If India is not Middle-east, then Bangladesh is also not part of Middle East.

Last edited:
Lying seems to be a hallmark of jamaati's. Run out of their country and persecuted for being traitors have to resort to spreading lies naturally.

70% of Bangladeshis views India favourably.
How Asians View Each Other | Pew Research Center's Global Attitudes Project

This also dovetails with our own assessments when PM Singh said that 20-25% of Bangladeshi's with the failed jamaati ideology are against India.

@Nihonjin1051 :

This Indian is a blatant lier.

We know that the Indian imposed puppet regime has little popular support as only a small minority of the population turned out to vote in the recent election.

In essence, the vast majority of BD Muslims either dislike or do not trust Indians - I would take the findings of that "poll" with a pinch of salt until you know how they came to that conclusion. Remember in BD there is a general climate of fear against saying anything that is anti-India right now and so people may not be telling the truth when asked the question.

When did I say Muslim will conquer the world? Can you quote where I said this?

If you don't like to live in Muslim countries, just don't go there. Who is forcing you to go to Muslim countries?

If you are in ASEAN, you are already living with Islamic culture.

Well said my friend...

Yes, for a Muslim, it's hard for them to accept non Muslim leader / kafir ...
They also thought they must live under shariat law...
That's why many Muslim refuge in Australia demand shariat law being implant.. While on another hand they run away from their country because of fucked up system called shariat law...

Just wait couple of years, japan will be screw by these people who demand shariat law being implant...
Yes, I have tried to make the point at the beginning to be as clear as possible: any attempt to spread Islam into Southeast asian mainland is considered as assault to our culture, customs and tradition, yes a threat to our national security.

I don't believe to a peaceful Islam. Their actions on the ground speak clearly another language. In this context, I think the Chinese are no of much difference. They say peace but mean war. Our blood was shed when we had been suffering much under Chinese arrogance and aggression, so similar under the endless invasions of Champa.

No, the only language the extremists in China or elsewhere understand is the sound of cannons.

To be clear, nobody is against closer economic tie and cultural exchanges. But any attempt to impose the will on others or Vietnam will be met by our resistance.

Last edited:
Yes, I have tried to make the point at the to be as clear as possible: any attempt to spread Islam into Southeast asian mainland is considered as assault to our culture, customs and tradition, yes a threat to our national security.

I don't believe to a peaceful Islam. Their actions on the ground speak clearly another language. In this context, I think the Chinese are no of much difference. They say peace but mean war. Our blood was shed when we had been suffering much under Chinese arrogance and aggression, so similar under the endless invasions of Champa.

No, the only language the extremists understand is the sound of cannons.

@Viet

Dai Viet's experiences with Champa was over 1000 years. In fact, during the height of Dai Viet (precursor Annam) wars with the Kingdom of Champa, the Cham people, like the Khmers were Hindus.

In fact, the capital of the now-defunct Champa Kingdom was named Vijaya. The Champa Kingdom , throughout much of its history, was a Hindu civilization, like the Khmer Empire, like the Sri Vijaya Empire.

It was much later on when the Khmer Empire converted to Thervada Buddhism. The Tais then also adopted the local religion (Thervada Buddhism) when they settled the Chao Praya basin , and took lands from the pre-existing Khmers.

Champa, unlike the Khmer Empire, did not convert to Buddhism, but rather, converted to Islam. They converted to Islam the same time other Malay Kingdoms did, which occured after the collapse of the Majapahit Empire.

So, I must infer, that Vietnam's long history , bitter as it may be, was with the Cham Kingdom and this occurred when the Cham Kingdom was Hindu. You can re-phrase your statement to: Viet Nam had a long and brutal relationship with the Cham Kingdom; not necessarily Islam. Since the Cham converted to Islam on the last century of their existence. The first 900 years of Champa's existence-- it was a Hindu Kingdom. In addition, most of the large scale offensives that Champa conducted against Annam was during the reign of Champa's Devarajas, which occured during the time Champa was Hindu, the same with the Khmers; look into Suryavarma, Indravarman, Jayavarman -- the great Kings of the Khmer Empire who operated offensive campaigns on Annam and even Champa).

Please Refer to:
Champa (ancient kingdom, Indochina) -- Encyclopedia Britannica

The Kingdom of Champa

http://pnclink.org/annual/annual2003/programe/presenpdf/110931.pdf

Best,
@Nihonjin1051

Last edited:
What evidence suggest we want to control anyone in Asia.

I don't want to be blunt here, but we don't really consider the rest of Asia that much of a paradise that we must control.

I do not think that China wants to impose puppet-regimes on the rest of Asia when it becomes a developed country circa 2030 and going forward.

What a lot of Asian countries fear is that China will become so overwhelmingly powerful that it may start acting heavy-handed and pay little attention to the interests of the rest of Asia.

Like it or not China will have to create more allies or at the least come to some working arrangement with the majority of Asian countries to allow China to prosper economically and be strong enough to counter the West. Without countering the West economically and militarily, the West will suffocate China.

Anyway as everyone knows here I am quiet relaxed at China dominating Asia as I feel for BD at least it would be way better than the current situation. Most of the rest of Asia would also benefit but some may not know it yet.

The Muslims like to self-vcitimze worse than the feminist. Modern Russia for all evidence are good to minorities and no one other than Muslims give trouble to Russian.

The Thai is among world most gentle race. But today Thai are hated by Malays for shitting on Malay Muslims but in reality Malay are among world biggest Nazi due to Islamofascism.

The modus operandi of Islam is to kill a few innocent gentiles, then take cover among the people. The security forces would then come in and during their mope up, incur civilian casualties. Then Muslim will rant to the whole world Islam is discriminated. Jihadist will rush in and conduct all sorts of killings.

Unfortunately Muslims are supported by USA to give the world trouble. Al Qaeda is CIA baby, same as Saudi. Muslims are just like gangsters who cannot stand up with badass but they keep bully gentleman like Thai.

Thaksin was being accused of indiscriminate killings.

The real man today is Myanmar. I can assure you no big Jihad will occur in Myanmar despite they have larger Muslim population than Thai in percentage. And despite the fact is Myanmar kill more Muslims than Thai.

The reason is Muslims are gangster. They bully. When they see sissy Thai army, they kill and kill.

Myanmar army are real man. They kill and rape and do whatever thing. When jihadist commit terror, the Myanmar does not care to find the culprit. The myanmar will expel the entire population and those who refuse to leave will be killed or rape.

So when there is naughty Jihadist around, the entire Muslim village will be burn. Myanmar Muslim will beg Jihad to leave. They may even sell out Jihadist.

Similarly the world has seen Stalin man handle Chechen and central asian Muslim. During Stalin time, everything is peaceful.

The Islamic world must thank Stalin for killing the most radical mullah in central asia, and now central asia is peaceful. Unfortunately or fortunately, Stalin works are not so completed in caucasus. So there is trouble.

Russia has been under Muslim Mongol rule for 200 years. You can trace Russian hatred for Muslims since that time.
Golden Horde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jihadism is modern phenomenon created by CIA, as you mentioned, this is true.

I find your justification for massacres and killings to be appalling, just because the people belong to a certain religion. This speaks volumes about your intense hatred for Muslims. Try to get over it man, hatred for anyone is not good for your mental health.

You are praising Myanmar Army for killing defense less Muslims, again another example of your hatred for Muslims.

Russian empire and Soviet Union had oppressed not just Muslims but other minorities as well. So according to you as long as the victim is Muslim the oppressor is doing good work. Looks like you really suffer from some mental condition. I can only feel sorry for someone like you, you should get some therapy to get yourself cured.

@kalu_miah , @UKBengali

I think that export-oriented economies in East Asia with a small muslim population such as South Korea and Japan can learn much from the developments in South East Asia, South Asia and even the Middle East. As South Korea and Japan vie for greater influence abroad, namely to our export destination(s) in largely Muslim-Dominated areas, its best to learn and understand the sensitivities.

And definitely there are examples in South East Asia , and South Asia where some states do not have the resources to deal with religious infighting, ethnic-based animosity, which most likely is fueled by lack of education. I do not see such large scale riots in Sinapore, which has a statistically larger muslim population (14%) in relation to the overall population than say Myanmar which only has 4% Muslim population in relation to the overall population.

Why do we see a lack of religious infighting in the case of Singapore? I would deign to say, the independent variable that we would see is the factor of : Education. The same also in Malaysia, and Indonesia.

This is a reason why development, and education, truly, is key.

I do hope the Korean and Japanese businessmen and politicians that happen to come by this thread take this into consideration. :-)

Burmese-Buddhists Victims Of Mandalay Muslim Riots
Compilation of translated posts from Shin Wirathu’s Blog in July 2014.

The Muslim-riots-affected area by the Saudi-Funded giant “Joon Mosque” occupying the whole city block bounded by 27th, 28th, 81st, and 82nd streets in downtown Mandalay have been a Bengali-Muslim stronghold for many years now.
And once the news of Buddhist-Muslim confrontations broke out all those Bengali-Muslims armed with swords and spears and other home-made weapons had come out in force from that area and attacked any Burmese-Buddhist they found on the streets of Mandalay those two days.
Hla Oo's Blog: Burmese-Buddhists Victims Of Mandalay Muslim Riots

July 1 2014
Race Riots In Mandalay After Muslims Raped Buddhist Girl
Hla Oo's Blog: Race Riots In Mandalay After Muslims Raped Buddhist Girl

Burmese are fighting hard with Bangali Muslim. We sided with Bhudda protector Burma.

From Hla Oo's blog:
(Compilation of translated posts from Shin Wirathu’s Blog in July 2014.)

Looks like we have Wirathu followers in this forum somsak, phukimak and Lux De Veritas

This is Time Magazine‘s Cover in Every Country in the World This Week…Except the United States
This is Time Magazine‘s Cover in Every Country in the World This Week…Except the United States
June 22, 2013 By dannyfisher 3 Comments

Time Magazine’s July 1, 2013 | Vol. 182, No. 1 cover. Image via Time Magazine.

Sure, Time Magazine‘s cover isn’t always the same in the U.S. as it is in the rest of the world, especially when it comes to news about Asia (which we don’t follow very closely here). It’s a shame for a number of reasons, not the least of which being what I heard recently from Rohingya Muslims in diaspora: that Buddhist Americans might be able to help the current situation in Burma. We need this news on our magazine covers and in our faces here in the U.S.

Of course, we also need to make sure this coverage is telling the full story. Dissident “rock star” Dr. Maung Zarni, whom I saw speak recently at the Myanmar Muslims Genocide Awareness Convention, has already taken the Time piece, as well as a recent New York Times piece, to task for only telling “half the story” in a new blog post. He writes:

…the military-State IS 100% behind 1) the Rohingya ethnocide and genocide in Western Burma and 2) the rise of Wirathu, an ex-criminal convict from 2003-2012, and anti-Muslim ideological campaign against all Muslims in the whole of Burma.

Myanmar military today is completely “cleansed” of Muslims in any significant positions. The Muslim-free Armed Forces, generally speaking, is the direct outcome of the generals’ aggressive and decades’ long pursuit of an unwritten policy of cleansing the most important national institution of ‘Muslim infidels’, not unlike what Hitler did to the German state institutions, including German universities.

Anti-Muslim publications have been approved by the Ministry of Home Affairs’ Department of Religious Affairs over the past 15 years, at least.

According to Dr Kyaw Yin Hlaing, the Presidential Adviser, assistant professor of Asian Studies at the City University of Hong Kong, and the secretary of the Rakhine Violence Presidential Inquiry Commission, there have also been recorded and reported incidents where the military intelligence spread deliberate rumors and false information (for instance, the story of a Muslim rape of a Buddhist maid in Mandalay in 2007 which he used as evidence of the military’s attempts to incite violence against the Muslims in the upcountry city) designed to stoke and create anti-Muslim riots in various parts of Myanmar as a strategic tool for giving the public an outlet to vent – at the expense of vulnerable and utterly un-armed Muslim minorities and away from its leadership and policy failures…

There is a double-impunity in play: the military-state in Myanmar has for all intents and purposes granted the ‘Buddhist terrorists’ national impunity while the leadership of that state itself is enjoying international impunity, thanks to the emerging strategic and commercial equations of the West vis-a-vis China.

To the dismay of those of us informed Burmese with deep concerns for human security – that is, security of affected individuals and communities, TIME’s cover story “The Face of Terror”, simply repeats the self-interested logic of the West and the rest. Unfortunately, when the security of a global capitalist order and a regime that has long been the main source of terror towards the Burmese citizenry, irrespective of faith, location and ethnicity, is fast becoming one, international community, so-called, places the security of institutional/corporate/strategic interests categorically above the security of human persons and their communities.

“It’s Buddhism, stupid!” is TIME’s central and misleading message once again enables Naypyidaw and its generals and ex-generals to externalize their central role and responsibility in the Muslim pogroms to the ‘racist’ Buddhist monks and ultra-nationalist Burmese public. Repeating this false narrative, President Thein Sein has absolved himself and his administration of any wrong doing or responsibilty this already in his August 2012 on the initial wave of pogroms against the Rohigya.

Ashin Wirathu: The Monk Behind Burma’s “Buddhist Terror” | The Diplomat
Ashin Wirathu: The Monk Behind Burma’s “Buddhist Terror”
A TIME Magazine cover story has riled Thein Sein along with much of the nation.

jonathan-dehart-36x36.png

By Jonathan DeHart
June 25, 2013

When the July issue of TIME Magazine hit newsstands it got the attention of the highest levels of government in Burma. On its cover is a serene image of Burmese Buddhist monk Ashin Wirathu, with a loaded phrase superimposed on his crimson robes:“The Face of Buddhist Terror”. The article explores the rising wave of anti-Muslim violence in the country and traces much of it back to Wirathu.

Reacting to the provocative story, President Thein Sein’s office released a statement that said the story “creates a misunderstanding of Buddhism.” It added, “The government is currently striving with religious leaders, political parties, media and the people to rid Myanmar [Burma] of unwanted conflicts.” Sein went on to call Wirathu a “noble person” who is a “son of Buddha”.

While it may be true that conjoining the words “Buddhist” and “terror” may cast the vast majority of the world’s Buddhists in an unfair light, suggesting that real efforts are underway to cease sectarian violence and forge ethnic unity in Burma glosses over a number of troubling facts. Most significant among them: Wirathu actively encourages an extremist attitude towards Burma’s Muslims.

Before a large gathering who came to hear his thoughts on Burma’s Muslims – whom he called “the enemy” –Wirathu recently said: “You can be full of kindness and love, but you cannot sleep next to a mad dog.”

“Muslims are like the African carp,” he told Global Post. “They breed quickly and they are very violent and they eat their own kind. Even though they are minorities here, we are suffering under the burden they bring us.”

This sentiment is not fringe either. As seen by the crowd, which numbered in the thousands, Wirathu has a massive following. Using an intoxicating mix of paranoia, racial stereotyping and unfounded claims, Wirathu has whipped up anti-Muslim sentiment among Burmese Buddhists. He can be seen here speaking at some length in these terms.

An organic movement has formed as a result, which has come to be known as the 969 campaign. While most distance themselves from comparing the two, some have even likened the movement to a Burmese form of neo-Nazism.

The numerological significance of the digits comes from the Buddhist idea that the Three Jewels (Tiratana) comprise 24 attributes: nine special attributes of the Lord Buddha, six core Buddhist teachings and the nine attributes of monkhood. Hence: 969.

Burmese Muslims have their own numerological talisman as well: 786, referring to the Quranic phrase, “In the name of Allah, the Most Gracious, the Ever Merciful”, which has a numeric value of 786. The number is often seen plastered on the fronts of halal restaurants in Burma.

The 969 Buddhists have struck back, putting stickers and signs that bear the number on shops, from food stalls and teashops to street vendors, to distinguish themselves as being Buddhist. There have been instances of Buddhists being beaten by 969 adherents for patronizing Muslim businesses. The numbers are a giveaway. While hundreds of Muslims have been jailed for involvement in the violence, very few Buddhists have wound up behind bars.

Yet this does not end in the marketplace or with beatings. Beginning in the northern state of Arakan and fanning out to other parts of the country, over the past year hundreds, mostly Muslims, have been killed, while more than 125,000 have been displaced. Human Rights Watch (HRW) has called the Burmese government’s treatment of the nation’s Rohingya Muslim minority “ethnic cleansing”.

“The Burmese government engaged in a campaign of ethnic cleansing against the Rohingya that continues today through the denial of aid and restrictions on movement,” said HRW’s deputy Asia director Phil Robertson. “The government needs to put an immediate stop to the abuses and hold the perpetrators accountable or it will be responsible for further violence against ethnic and religious minorities in the country.”

Indeed, Burmese dissident Dr. Maung Zarni has listed a number of overt anti-Muslim acts committed by the government, from backing violence against Rohingyas and “cleansing” Muslims from the Burmese military to approving anti-Muslim publications and bolstering the rise of Wirathu himself.

Even Burmese Nobel Peace laureate Aung San Suu Kyi was accused of remaining silent on the issue of the Rohingyas’ plight for too long until speaking out earlier this month against the controversial two-child policyapplied solely to them. While Suu Kyi may have broken her silence when it came to this hotly contested official attempt at controlling Muslim numbers, she has not commented either way on Wirathu.

While they may not be outspoken on the issue of violence against Burma’s Muslim minority, more than 59,000 have signed an online petition (as of Tuesday afternoon) to protest TIME’s cover story on the grounds that it misrepresents Buddhism – but not necessarily in defense of Wirathu’s views.

Others with the urge to vent have taken to Facebook, such as D Day Ang who wrote: “We are not terrorist, we are peaceful people and hate terrorism…please write articles only after gathering sufficient information.”

While it remains to be seen what will become of the contentious issue of the magazine in Burma, presidential spokesperson Ye Htut said that, unsurprisingly, the Burmese government might just pull it from circulation and remove it from the public’s view.

Buddhist monk uses racism and rumours to spread hatred in Burma | World news | theguardian.com
The bin Laden of Buddhism and the axis of hate
Wirathu
http://www.nytimes.com/2013/06/21/w...y-of-muslim-minority.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

@Viet

I do agree with you that medium powers, or developing powers need to stick together and to help each other with similar developmental goals. As it stands, these small countries in ASEAN really need each other especially to address security goals. Nations in ASEAN would do well to integrate geographical partners. As it stands, ASEAN should also start to integrate proximal neighbors that, too, are developing. Ergo, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka (possibly?), and possibly Timore Leste.

Your input? View?

Sure, why the not? As long as Papua New Guinea got admitted first (over 40 years & still not yet admitted).

I never understand why there's people actually want to reject Bangladesh ascension even though the country is more stable (beside their buildings) than some posted here and we admitted worst country (the VLC for example).
asean_in_a_nutshell_by_tringapore-d7m55su.png

Russia has been under Muslim Mongol rule for 200 years. You can trace Russian hatred for Muslims since that time.
Golden Horde - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jihadism is modern phenomenon created by CIA, as you mentioned, this is true.

I find your justification for massacres and killings to be appalling, just because the people belong to a certain religion. This speaks volumes about your intense hatred for Muslims. Try to get over it man, hatred for anyone is not good for your mental health.

You are praising Myanmar Army for killing defense less Muslims, again another example of your hatred for Muslims.

Russian empire and Soviet Union had oppressed not just Muslims but other minorities as well. So according to you as long as the victim is Muslim the oppressor is doing good work. Looks like you really suffer from some mental condition. I can only feel sorry for someone like you, you should get some therapy to get yourself cured.

I do not praise Myanmar Army against Rohingya. In fact, I hate Myanmar army gangsterism. I just want to point out that there will be no Jihad in Myanmar because Myanmese are more gangster than Thai.

The Tsarist Russia and USSR had serious racial issue. But I see the current racial situation not that unacceptable compared to places like Pakistan. In Pakistan there is a real "genocide" hazara. There is death on apostasy. There is conversion by rape on gentiles.

Below is Grozny Chechenya.

images

_60455527_chech_grozny_140412g.jpg

Even in Chechen Russia, they let Chechen handle their affairs and practice their Islam.

Back
Top Bottom