What's new

South China Sea Forum

People should understand why PRC chose this time to make a move. The US, EU and Russia are in locked position over Ukraine. So while the US has pledged to protect the Philippines and Japan, it is not likely to get involve in a non-allied country like Vietnam.

PRC is also in a strong position to bully Malaysia over MH370. Thailand is in turmoil. Thus, ASEAN countries are weaken and fractured thanks to China's hold on Cambodia. Russia, a long time partner of Vietnam is also unlikely to help due to being busy fighting with the US while having to get closer with China.

Vietnam has always been a stronger military in the region and is in direct confrontation with PRC in the SCS. Thus, PRC's effort in the past has been to bully the Philippines. But after Ukraine, PRC determined that it's worth changing direction to attack Vietnam now. This time, we have to rely on our own strength and sacrifice to repel the aggressors. Ironically enough, it happened when we are celebrating 60 year Victory at Dien Bien Phu. It's a painful reminder that Vietnam has always been a target of big nations so we must be vigilant.

Its interesting to hear a typical conspiracy theory from a vietnamese.First the coopeartion with vietnam on MH370 is absolutely a chance for both of us to improve the relationship.China is not that stupid to break this trend so soon.To make a reliable analysis of China,you should make it clear Vietnam is NOT the main threat to China.Actually china demend a peaceful SCS which is a common sence to all countries in this area because the only winner would be USA if the SCS fell into a war.
Vietnam will never be the target of a conspiracy because it is not the main coruse of this problem.Dont think Vietnam is a strong millitary in the region,your army is weak after the disarmament for the needs of economic development.China also has the tacit understanding so the army near our south border improve their equipment slowly.Dont try to refute because china had gone through a same period.Vietnam has many things to learn from china,there's no need for conflicts because we have many common interests.Vietnam should focus more on its nationalism trend which china does far better

210600euu5u5uts4usao5w.jpg

210602uips0mpc4x0jkpfm.jpg

203711uc9pbcbc75y94rtg.jpg

222938sqiz0s9smishst18.jpg

222938chwffv998ewf9rjh.jpg

@Viet Do u remember, that HD981 drilling rig i ever discussed with u in 2012, about a thread to introduce the biggest drilling rig made in China. In that time i thought it would deploy in SCS but u corrected me 2012 HD981 was deployed near HongKong waters. 2014 May it really moved to SCS.

Do u remember it ?
YES, I remember.
You have planned this act since months, correct?

Vietnam is caught by surprise. clever move.

it seems that the Chinese had probably planned this action months ago.
dispatching of warships and fighter jets into Vietnam water is really provocative and risks a war.

China Coast Guard has the fast respond ability.Many ships were serving in the north no need for a plan.

China can't wait for Vietnam to fire the first shot。

60 Type 022 missile vessels are all that PLAN needs to send the entire VNS to the bottom of the SCS。:D
This event puts a smile on my face. It will make us add more "toys" to our military:p:

China can't wait for Vietnam to fire the first shot。

60 Type 022 missile vessels are all that PLAN needs to send the entire VNS to the bottom of the SCS。:D
it appears you are moving all vessels of the South fleet into the zone. Not bad.

YES, I remember.

Vietnam is caught by surprise. clever move.[/quote]
Nope, this area is heavily monitored. We know it's coming.

For Vietnam, this's game is hard to play coz few Vietnam ships vs 80x China ships, and most r 1000-3000ton bigger than their fishing boat. Vietnam ship won't get any benefit to hit China ships.

80x ships like this size, how to play game ?
Img397446323.jpg

Img391441311.jpg

well,most ships involved were not that big...

These are our 1000-tonne class vessels。

Perhaps we should consider sending some 3000-tonne、4000-tonne and 5000-tonne ships?

They are big enough for our people to have picnic on the rear deck while playing the cat and mouse game with our Vietnamese friends。

YES, I remember.

Vietnam is caught by surprise. clever move.
I mean, China built the beast (HD981) it's a self-propelled drilling rig. Even though we did use it in other place not in SCS, in the end HD981 still will appear in SCS it's just time problem. It's pity ur Vietnam ignore the beast existing in 2012, not prepare urself when one day to face it.

Anyway Chinese can build one HD981, later many coming ...

This event puts a smile on my face. It will make us add more "toys" to our military:p:
It's not wise to compete with our industry ability which will crash your economic.Say it again,no need for conflicts.Vietnam really like China 30 years ago,we know you better than you know yourself.

I mean, China built the beast (HD981) it's a self-propelled drilling rig. Even though we did use it in other place not in SCS, in the end HD981 still will appear in SCS it's just time problem. It's pity ur Vietnam ignore the beast existing in 2012, not prepare urself when one day to face it.

Anyway Chinese can build one HD981, later many coming ...

So before HD981, China's drilling tech is not enough to exploit gas and oil under the deep sea in SCS?

Back
Top Bottom