What's new

Sonu Nigam tweets against Azaan, creates a controversy

He did not speak about a particular address in his tweet. So it is obvious that the lady was right in what she stated. Maybe you should read and think before accusing others of "attention seeking".

LOL..... And Yudhistra was right when he said, "Ashwathama hataha.... kunjaraha"

Usage of loud speakers in Mosques is one of the nuisance i found in my local area. Now Hindus also started to use loud speakers due to them.

That is what happens when Cancer cells spread in the body. Healthy cells becomes cancerous too.

Can ANYONE tell me WHY Hindus in India are FORCED to hear this blatant Intolerance ?

C96QTh7UAAMFTNT.jpg

He did not speak about a particular address in his tweet. So it is obvious that the lady was right in what she stated. Maybe you should read and think before accusing others of "attention seeking".

He spoke about an issue, where he stayed isn't relevant unless one wants to indulge in whataboutery instead of addressing the issue at hand.

He spoke about an issue, where he stayed isn't relevant unless one wants to indulge in whataboutery instead of addressing the issue at hand.
Aren't we speaking about Sonu's claim and how this lady contradicts him? Not about the use of loud speaker at least in our last couple of posts. Stay true to the topic rather than digressing.

Aren't we speaking about Sonu's claim and how this lady contradicts him? Not about the use of loud speaker at least in our last couple of posts. Stay true to the topic rather than digressing.
How can she contradict Sonu Nigam when he wasn't even talking about the place where she lives?

How can she contradict Sonu Nigam when he wasn't even talking about the place where she lives?
Sonu baba is a neighbour of this lady, so when he doesn't mention a place and if she is asked about the Azaan, she will obviously state her experience since she shares the same neighbourhood.

Sonu baba is a neighbour of this lady, so when he doesn't mention a place and if she is asked about the Azaan, she will obviously state her experience since she shares the same neighbourhood.
Yeah, so before jumping in this debate she should have gotten her facts right. She wanted some attention and gotten her 2 minutes fame.

Azans should be banned in India.

Islamic prayer saying Allah is the only true god is anti thesis to Secular credentials of India.

Secular India > Allah & Mullah.
Did you even bother to read the translation of Azaan? It never says that only Allah is true God?

Yeah, so before jumping in this debate she should have gotten her facts right. She wanted some attention and gotten her 2 minutes fame.
How can she? Did Sonu baba mention about the location? I don't think so. Hence I request you to stop moaning over it.

Attention? Same can be said about Sonu Nigam.

How can she? Did Sonu baba mention about the location? I don't think so. Hence I request you to stop moaning over it.

Attention? Same can be said about Sonu Nigam.

Moaning? :lol:
Yeah, I gave you a link which explains everything and proves that the quoted person is wrong on facts but you are too adamant to prove that Sonu Nigam is lying and there is no issue of loudspeakers.

Moaning? :lol:
Yeah, I gave you a link which explains everything and proves that the quoted person is wrong on facts but you are too adamant to prove that Sonu Nigam is lying and there is no issue of loudspeakers.
You proved what? Nil... It is a link which speaks about reporter's claim, your link nowhere mentions that Sonu Nigam mentioned the place, so Shraddha is right in what was said.

Shraddha posted her take long before the news article you provided came out.

So asking you again. Get over it and stop moaning

You proved what? Nil... It is a link which speaks about reporter's claim, your link nowhere mentions that Sonu Nigam mentioned the place, so Shraddha is right in what was said.

Shraddha posted her take long before the news article you provided came out.

So asking you again. Get over it and stop moaning
Hear it yourself ..

Shraddha wrote, "I live right next to him, but strangely I have never heard the azaan in the morning at my place. It is hardly audible. I hear he just shaved his head and for the first time there is so much traffic outside our homes." Shraddha later deleted the post to avoid controversy. So does Sonu own multiple homes, like most B-Town folk, and perhaps heard the azaan at one of his abodes elsewhere?
Typical Bollywood bimbo :lol:
She was being a smarty trying to be the saviour of peace, only to realize later that Sonu Nigam was talking about his home at other place, and later deleted the post after feeling embarrassed.

I really hope AIMPLB takes some steps to reform itself. It should form a committee for issuing Fatwas and other than it no other Imams or Maulanas should issue it. Any others issuing it will not be valid nor recognised.
Yes, liberals need to advice AIMPLB to make sure only and only real Imams issue fatwas.

But Hindu bhajan and noises at religious festival are much older than azaan

and funny that he started his career singing in there mata k chowki/jagrata

was he thinking about disturbing others ?

Bhajan is a Sanskrit word meaning “singing to glorify God.

Popular themes for bhajans come from stories of the Hindu epics, such as the "Ramayana" and "Mahabharata,"

The songs sung in the traditional south Indian Bhajan are usually simple melodies. All the three forms of Indian music (classical, semiclassical and folk forms) find a place in the south Indian bhajans. The Ashtapathis and Tarangams which form a primary part in the bhajan are sung with a brief naration of slokas preceding the song.

Bhajan is folk tradition which is being part of Indus Valley Civilization and that folk tradition in Indian Muslims we can see in Hamd, Naat and Qawwalis.

This tradition is still followed in India .

Last edited:
Sonu is spot on. I am a muslim as well. You don't need to disturb everyone via loudspeakers, there are not only non muslims in that area but also patients can be there. The unnecessary loud noise can be troublesome to many.
Lets be honest and fair, we can always come to mosque without loudspeaker.
well said...we need more and more people like you to keep this world livable place! ...

Regarding Sonu - I agree with him, its so annoying for all those who don't have anything to do with that. But, the problem in India is, if you say anything against Islamic practice, they take it negatively..they are misusing their status of being minority community (looking at their population, I dont think they should be considered as minority) ...Interestingly, Muslims in majority muslim countries except Saudi are more liberal, including Pakistan...they are more open to adopt to changes....

NOW - If you see, it is the Hindus and their festivals that make the most noise pollution in India throughout year..they have already put good festivals like Diwali, Holi, Navratri, even Ganapti into the dark list of festivals when it comes to creating nuisance in society...Holi is being celebrated like permission given to every hindus to abuse others and molest women on streets....Diwali has become the most noisiest festival in India.. Navratri - not just loud music till late night but all bad things after that, Gujarat is well known for that....and so on...

Both communities contributing their shares when it comes to creating problems to others in our country....Law should be there, if already there - it has to be applied strictly to everyone, as per law and constitution - every Indian citizen has equal rights .. (may be some personal laws give them some extra rights but nothing in this context!!!)

Back
Top Bottom