What's new

Sonu Nigam tweets against Azaan, creates a controversy

I m a Muslim and I agree with Sonu Nigam's protestations to some extent.

The azaan should be allowed on a loudspeaker in Muslim majority areas only.

The muezzin must have a gentle, inviting voice. Being from Karachi, I know that at azaan time, I wish I have a switch to switch off my ears. The voices are so loud, so bad and so uninviting I dont want to hear the azaan. And by the way, in our area there are so many mosques (and so little faith in general but that is not the point here) that the mullahs seem to be competing each other. And most of the mosques are built in the area for land grabbing.

Why does a non-Muslim need to hear azaan. He is right. He does not have to. But he wouldnt mind if the voice is melodic and mellifluous. Remember the spirit of azaan is to invite and not to harass. The azaan should of such voice that the listener would want to listen to it because its an invitation to submit to Allah and His will.

Actually Sonu's tweet is a moment to reflect as well. That the mullah has made Islam unacceptable and uninviting. That our own behavior towards non-Muslim have made us repugnant and repelling.

There are over 4200 religions in the whole world.And most of them believe that they are the right one do you hate all of them ?? Idol worshiping is highly offensive to Muslims so would you allow muslims to destroy your idols in Pakistan;Bangladesh,Malaysia,Indonesia ?

Yes. it is already being done. In fact, Saudi does not allow Hindus to carry/posses photos of their gods even in the privacy of their homes.

The question is not about what Muslims believe but bullying Hindus into believing Muslim philosophy is the crux of the matter.

Muslims are free to pray that there is only one God and that is Allah in the privacy of their homes and mosques.

What is the point of declaring the same in the faces of Hindus publically using loud speakers? If this is not bullying, what is it?

Yes. it is already being done. In fact, Saudi does not allow Hindus to carry/posses photos of their gods even in the privacy of their homes.

The question is not about what Muslims believe but bullying Hindus into believing Muslim philosophy is the crux of the matter.

Muslims are free to pray that there is only one God and that is Allah in the privacy of their homes and mosques.

What is the point of declaring the same in the faces of Hindus publically using loud speakers? If this is not bullying, what is it?
This is the Jewish call to prayer Barechu near Palestinian neighbourhood in Hebron

Soundproof houses are the only solution in the immediate future. Or maybe high quality earplugs. Because where I live , a temple creates the max racket at all times. Do relatively advanced muslim societies like turkey allow loudspeakers ?

So you are declaring that you a have problem with Hindus praying to their Idols in their Temples? No wonder Hindu temples have been and are being destroyed by the Muslims in India.
If you have a problem with me eating my beef steak, I also have a problem with you worshipping Idols. So when are you going stop offending me.

are being destroyed by the Muslims in India.
Source please

They don't complain about Barechu so why you complain about Azaan

Yet Muslims and Jews are each other's throats for control of Temple Mount and Jerusalem.

Dharmics don't think about god in finality rather as a discovery. Hence you see all Dharmic religions coexist without any issues. It is very common for Sikhs to visit Hindus Temples and Hindus to visit Gurudwaras. It is very common to see statues of Buddha and Mahaveera in Hindu Temples.

Who is bullying Hindus into believing Islam ? Azan is to remind Muslims that come to prayer.But your insecurities have made your consider it as bullying.And when was the last time Muslims destroyed your temple in Pak or Bangladesh?

And if you are gonna judge Muslims by the discriminatory policy (which i condemn) of Saudis then we have every right to judge every hindu by the actions of Hindutavis.ok

It is very common for Sikhs to visit Hindus Temples
Many Sikhs have problem with that I was watching a video on facebook shared by UK Sikh he was really pissed that some Sikhs were worshiping Hindu idol in gurudwara.remeber how sikhs launched a capaign to take back the control of their gurudawars in 1930s you Hindus have the guts to claim everyone as Hindus you were doing same with Sikhs in 1930s Gurdwaras were being hinduised installing hindu idols in Gurudwars that is why Sikh launched camapign to rescue their gurudwaras from hindu mahants.Many were killed while they were protesting in front of a gurudwara in Nankana Sahib.It is highly offensive for Sikhs to follow any idol.They bow down only to Guru Granth Sahib.

Last edited:
Loud spekers are ok as modern cities are bigger so you need to reach out to peopel with Loud speaker otherwise we need to increase number of mosques so every Street has a azan maker

If people lived in tents and communities were small like 7-10 people then yeah may be one guy on sidelines giving azan by normal vocals is enough

Without microphone a person's voice may not reach far as possible and people living a bit far from Mosque may not know when is prayer starting (since you know muslims prayer time continues to change daily)

Really urbanization of citizes is to blame , and this is why Azan loud speakers are normal

Last edited:
Who is bullying Hindus into believing Islam ? Azan is to remind Muslims that come to prayer.But your insecurities have made your consider it as bullying.And when was the last time Muslims destroyed your temple in Pak or Bangladesh?

And if you are gonna judge Muslims by the discriminatory policy (which i condemn) of Saudis then we have every right to judge every hindu by the actions of Hindutavis.ok

If it is just a reminder, they could use their alarms or a create a WhatsApp group to broadcast their messages or reminders. What is the point of loud speakers?

Many Sikhs have problem with that I was watching a video on facebook shared by UK Sikh he was really pissed that some Sikhs were worshiping Hindu idol in gurudwara.

I am not talking about Khalistanis. Majority of the Hindus and Sikhs mingle very well.

I regularly get invited and visit Gurudwara quite often here in the US. There are absolutely no issues in the thinking of Hindus and Sikhs.

Azan is quite normal just like the Hindu GHUNTA (bells other drumbs and wistles) people are also very distracted by drums and other fire crackers used in Hindu Temples

464745-temple-bell.jpg

temple-bells1-001.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

No one seems to complain about these GIGANTIC bells

Every time I am drinking my tea , some Hindu rings a GIANT bell and my tea cup falls to ground due to the loud noice , and every damn Hindu has to ring the bell to get his "benefits for afterlife"

Last edited:
I am not talking about Khalistanis. Majority of the Hindus and Sikhs mingle very well.

I regularly get invited and visit Gurudwara quite often here in the US. There are absolutely no issues in the thinking of Hindus and Sikhs.

Ironically when the great Sikh emperor Maharaja Ranjit Singh conquered Kashmir in 1819, he banned Azan. The ban on Azan was in place until 1947.

Back
Top Bottom