5. Rest of the interior and fire control system etc
6. Ballistic computer in the background

1. Catherine FC
2. IBMS
3. Catherine FC
4. Catherine FC with image intensification sight
5. Rest of the interior and fire control system etc
6. Ballistic computer in the background

The link you provided only goes to photo buckets main page, not any pictures....

you can access it

login nabil_05_2009

password pakistani

Can you source the sale to Pakistan?

BTW, the pics you provided are not current Thales TI equipment (if its Thales). All the pics I am finding for current gen show a lot less complicated system. Here is a pic of a current (2007ish) Thales system mated up to the Ukrainian/Russian Buran sight. I'd really like a report of sale from Thales.

KMDB - Buran-Catherine-E Thermal Imaging Sight

"Why were G-2 units put on the tender is a big mystery because Pakistan Army has already been using the G-3 which are mounted on Al-Khalid tanks being manufactured by Pakistan for which Islamabad and the GHQ have been trying hard to secure export orders from the Gulf, Saudi Arabia and other countries."

References/Complaints

Its not a mystery at all since Saudis specifically asked for Matis TI instead of Catherine TI. Pakistanis didn't go for it because of price. You asked for pics and i showed you some but man you still find it hard to believe!
The reason why i posted links for different imagers was to make a visual comparison between the one fitted in Al Khalid (visible in pics) and one on thales website. The visual similarity is striking if u look closely (i.e Catherine FC)

The above reference u gave seems very much "typical" journalism at best nothing more. Thales Catherine FC is a very potent, rugged and tested system widely used on a variety of vehicles ranging from APCs to MBTs. Remember it defeated British Macroni in competition for Al Khalid thermal sights.

Remember, this article is regarding the capabilities of original Al Khalid which was just developed. The Russians were seeing it as a threat to the T-90S even then! I wonder what do they think of it now (Al Khalid 1) !!

You asked for pics and i showed you some but man you still find it hard to believe!
The reason why i posted links for different imagers was to make a visual comparison between the one fitted in Al Khalid (visible in pics) and one on thales website. The visual similarity is striking if u look closely (i.e Catherine FC)

The pics you showed were not of a 3rd gen Catherine TI.

Link Below as to What the Indian Tank Regiments and Nos will be by 2020 from an INDIAN GENERAL

Presently, as things stand, Indian Army HQ is adhering to a modified MBT force structure, whose original version, as proposed in 2006, had called for a fleet of 3,780 MBTs, comprising 1,302 T-90s 2,356 T-72s and 124 Arjun Mk1s.

The modified structure now calls for 2,473 higher-end MBTs, including 1,409 T-90s, 248 Arjuns, and 692 T-72M1 Combat Improved Ajeyas. The Army’s gameplan is to have 21 regiments of T-90s and 34 regiments of upgraded T-72M1s and six regiments of Arjuns by 2020.--Prasun K. Sengupta

Contrary to Pakistan Propaganda The Arjun regiments will be doubled to 250 tanks.

Easily the best armour the Arjun cannot be stopped by a T90- even with a direct hit.

Best in terms speed and 4 man crew.

The Arjuns role is specfic its designed to fight in a nuclear battefield..

At least let them induct the first lot of 124 tanks. If the trials proved successful, then the rest will be inducted. Type "Arjun problems" in Google and you will find many articles on its problems and short comings written by INDIAN journalists and i am surprised you called it "Pakistani propaganda". I didn't your generals listen to "Pakistani propaganda" so much that they refused to induct their INDIGENOUS mbt !!!

Back
Top Bottom