What's new

Some elements in Turkish Military attempt to overthrow government

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is why I felt as if my country was conquered during morsi rule as if we are hostages these islamists treat any country they rule as occupied land putting their people in power everywhere and then all know what will happen when they silence any opposition
do you really believe that if Erdogan lose an election he would simply stand down these people would rather burn their whole country than giving up power
He actually probably would officially stand down. He's power hungry, not stupid.

ok then I am sure that once Erdogan is done with the army there will be no one to stop him he will have unlimited control over turkey and he will never give up power even if he lose in any election lets wait and see

No. Turkish people have a different taste of democracy unlike yours who probably are suited for tyrannical rule only and never lived under true democracy . Don't mix the two societies. Today Turkish Army sided with Erdogan because he is democratic. The day he loses election he will be thrown out by the army and people.

What's the situation at the moment? Where are the plotters?

The answer to the coup attempt must be more secularism, not less. People may wish to demand a return to the founding principles of the Republic.
That is for the Turks to decide, but it seems clear that they want freedom to practice their beliefs, not misguided and flawed secularism that the army has enforced in the past (by suppressing religious beliefs in the public domain).

When one loses perspective and is confused, the best way is to revisit the starting principles.

CncV_a8XEAEOkvP.jpg
That ELI5 is the stupidest thing I've read. Not only is it an over simplification, but it is completely and utterly misleadingly wrong.

No. Turkish people have a different taste of democracy unlike yours who probably are suited for tyrannical rule only and never lived under true democracy . Don't mix the two societies. Today Turkish Army sided with Erdogan because he is democratic. The day he loses election he will be thrown out by the army and people.
again let wait and see

Scums of sisi are indicating sisi's invovement in the coup. This bastard and his goons have set a destructive precedence in the Muslim World. Democracy is not safe anywhere in the Muslim World as long as these thugs hold power and that includes sisi's allies in BD as well.

it seems turkish military needs more training and unity. i dont know whether it is good or bad for their country but certainly the thugs sitting in pak parliament are happy

Yes......morons sitting in Pakistani parliament will now compare this situation with our ones and sing about power of democracy, power of people.....Those thugs will surely be happy as they are thinking the current situation in Turkey (stopping of coup) will be seen by people of Pakistan and they'll also do the same....

But idiots should know for that.....u need to deliver so that people can lie down for you in front of tanks (just like people are doing in Turkey for Mr. Erdogan)........

Nawaz sharif is bullshit......He is mughal king....In PML-N....I only like Chaudhry Nisar....rest are all crap....

By founding principles, I mean the Article 4 of Turkey, which the current government is planning to abolish.

Those are (From Wikipedia):

The Article 4 declares the immovability of the founding principles of the Republic defined in the first three Articles and bans any proposals for their modification. The preamble also invokes the principles of nationalism, defined as the "material and spiritual well-being of the Republic". The basic nature of Turkey is laïcité (2), social equality (2), equality before law (10), the Republican form of government (1), the indivisibility of the Republic and of the Turkish Nation (3.1)." Thus, it sets out to found a unitary nation-state based on the principles of secular democracy.

Of course, what the present President-led government has in mind seems to be very different. Hence it abhors the secular state, its founder and all the related values.

The coup attempt appeared to be doomed to fail from the beginning. And it will produce a strongman the world has not witnessed in recent history -- sadly. Couple that strong man with a yearning for Ottomanist orthodoxy and Islamic Brotherhood-style theocracy. Very unfortunate.

The Palace will both de facto and de jure take over the whole government apparatus. Military will be violently purged. The Palace-supported police (including private security firms with ties with the current President) will gain upper hand and absolute control of civil life in Turkey.
That is a major stretch. I have no idea where you're getting these conclusions from, as they make little sense.

DEFCONWarningSystem ‏@DEFCONWS nåfor 8 sekunder siden
We want to reiterate, concerning all the reports we are receiving, the coup is still occurring with large military presence in Ankara

754 arrested till now. The purge already started.

Some pro coup soldiers arrested over Bosphorous bridge are reportedly slaughtered/thrown off the bridge. One very graphic picture of a soldier with sliced throat is already out.
link plz?

That is a major stretch. I have no idea where you're getting these conclusions from, as they make little sense.
Why the **** are you pakistanis supporting our islamist government so much? What the **** is wrong with you people??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom